MM8: Solo Necromancer - Infinite Fun

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

MM8: Solo Necromancer - Infinite Fun

Unread postby Xfing » 14 Sep 2012, 12:17

1. Create a Necromancer
2. Play until you have at least 58 HP
3. Get Master in Dark Magic
4. Buy Armageddon
5. Stand next to a healing temple and cast Armageddon.
6. Heal.
7. Wait until the new day and repeat until everything on the map is dead
8. ???
9. PROFIT

Since unlike quest experience, experience gotten from monsters is divided between your party members, a Necromancer is the perfect character to go solo. Potential to grandmaster Learning plus the Armageddon spell equals unlimited fun. Right now my Necromancer lady is eligible to train to level 77 and I haven't even done the Troll Tomb quest yet. The only issue can be getting funding for your training, but that'll stop being a problem when you get Fly (so after the Balthazar Lair quest). Overall, this kind of gameplay is highly rewarding. I suggest you try it ;)

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 18 Sep 2012, 09:23

Even if u don't use necromancer, u can also always tell Nathaniel Roberts to do that for u.

But really, that might be the most boring adventure if there's ever one.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 18 Sep 2012, 15:19

With mm8che program you can make custom professions, it is probably designed for cheat but unlike to other mm here such tool is necessary, no blame for use it.

Am recently finished game with my classic team of four elemental mages (not necromancers, because am not given them dark skill)

Well you can also start game as Destroyer or whatever who begin with armageddon, this may be fun for players who like powerfull spells, am personally like minimal style, more challenging.

Maybe this idea: Pirate, character based on knight, start with walk on water (he got boat) firebolt (flint) wizard eye and perception (map) merchant and item identify (treasures!) Every these skills at master level but begin with poor hp level0 etc (escaped from island where get mad)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 18 Feb 2013, 22:51

Actually I have once thought of what skills a Regnan Pirate would plausibly have. That's what I've come up with:

Class: Pirate (Promotion: Corsair)

Base HP: 4
Base Mana: 0
Favored Attributes: Strength, Speed
Handicapped Attributes: Personality, Endurance

Skill learnset:

Grand: Sword, Armsmaster, Leather, Dodge (Even though it's MM8, it's possible to reverse-engineer the skill into the game. Skill trainers would be a bit harder, though), Disarm Trap
Master: Shield, Spear, Dagger, ID Item
Expert: Repair Item, Body Building, ID Monster, Perception, Merchant
Normal: Learning

The rest of the skills would be unaccessible, so no magic, meditation, regeneration, other weapons and heavier armor.

I think playing a class like this would be quite cool.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 19 Feb 2013, 14:02

Wow, no bow?
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 19 Feb 2013, 14:10

Exactly, Pirates and Corsairs don't have ranged weapon.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 19 Feb 2013, 15:36

Regnan pirates obviously do have crossbows and even melee pirates can shoot fire arrows sometimes (the ones on Dagger Wound ships), so doesn't make sense to me. Every class is able to learn Bow in MM, it's a rule!
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 19 Feb 2013, 16:39

GrayFace wrote:Every class is able to learn Bow in MM, it's a rule!
Not in MM1-5 IIRC.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 20 Feb 2013, 04:09

I always liked the idea of archers being able to use bows in melee. It made the class feel much different than simply being a melee sorcerer.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 20 Feb 2013, 05:55

Arret wrote:I always liked the idea of archers being able to use bows in melee.
Ehh, to srike monsters with bow? It even sounds weird. Perhaps you mean 'close combat', not 'melee'. Well, MM1 (and possibly MM2) archers had this option. BTW, they are not melee sorcerers, they're not that good in melee, they tend to dump their Might.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 21 Feb 2013, 01:06

Yes, close combat would be a better term. Also, yes I am referring to MM1&2, and I felt that was one of the better aspects of the first two games.

Especially 3-5 they were sorcerers with half sp that could use great axes.

With all classes getting master bow in 6, they didn't bring anything that made them feel like an "archer" aside from starting with bow skill.

skinothetis1
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby skinothetis1 » 14 Mar 2013, 04:10

Arret wrote: Especially 3-5 they were sorcerers with half sp that could use great axes.
You mean M&M 3 to 5? How is that possible?
You have nowhere to run Sheltem. Nore do you!You motherf$#(*@ device!!

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 14 Mar 2013, 04:54

skinothetis1 wrote:You mean M&M 3 to 5? How is that possible?
The same engine.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Mar 2013, 01:06

skinothetis1 wrote:
Arret wrote: Especially 3-5 they were sorcerers with half sp that could use great axes.
You mean M&M 3 to 5? How is that possible?
Yes, the notation means 3, 4, and 5. The games all use the same engine and the class design is almost identical between IoT and WoX (although getting rid of unique druid spells made them useless in WoX). Archers are setup to have exactly half of the spell points of a sorcerer at the same level, but they learn the exact same spells. In exchange they get more attacks per round, better weapons, hp, and armor.

Bows are very weak compared to melee weapons due to how the game was designed, so the main weapon for an archer is a great axe or a flamberge, which seems wrong for an archer.

There is almost no reason to use a sorcerer over an archer in any situation except maybe inside the last dungeon in IoT where implosion spamming is useful, but by that time you probably have an item that casts it.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 20 Feb 2014, 13:09

Am about play this game again on solo without cheating. Actually it seem to be designed for solo play as you start alone. My character will be probably vampire as its most original class in M&M and am not fully explored his possibilities. Completed game 3 times with max team, as I remember always have overpowered in middle of progress, so am reckon should have constantly challenge to very end (and THAT is fun)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 12 Apr 2014, 18:21

Sorry for my late reply, but obviously: bow! Yes, yes indeed. Regnans are all about crossbows! They should at the very least get Expert.

IMO, NWC should either have made two separate skills for bows and crossbows or differentiate the Master level bonus for bows and crossbows. It's not possible to fire two arrows at once from a crossbow FFS! Therefore I think a good solution for the crossbow Mastery bonus would be: double the previous bonuses (skill reduction of recovery time and attack bonus). That would hardly compensate for the bow's two arrows, but maybe reducing the fastest attack cap from 30 to 20 would even the odds somewhat.

Return to “Might and Magic”