Which spell used Queen Catherine?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
EnrothandErathia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Which spell used Queen Catherine?

Unread postby EnrothandErathia » 13 Sep 2012, 00:45

In the end of Homm3 Queen Catherine uses a spell to destroy the undead corpse of her father. In Homm3 she is knight class but do you think she would be paladin in MM7 because she used ''Destroy Undead" in Light magic school? Which spell do you think the queen of Enroth and Erathia use?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crf05bessEI

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 13 Sep 2012, 04:03

Lightning Bolt. Destroy Undead is an AoE in the HoMM games, unless you're talking about 4, because 4 is weird that way. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 13 Sep 2012, 06:33

This hardly be but one spell. It seems to be a complex ritual of consecration.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 13 Sep 2012, 07:34

Bandobras Took wrote:Destroy Undead is an AoE in the HoMM games
No, only in H3. In H1 it was cast on a single stack and in H2 there were "Holy Word" and "Holy Shout" spells.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 13 Sep 2012, 08:57

GrayFace wrote:No, only in H3. In H1 it was cast on a single stack and in H2 there were "Holy Word" and "Holy Shout" spells.
BTW, there was Turn Undead, not Destroy (though it destroys an undead stack).

EnrothandErathia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby EnrothandErathia » 14 Sep 2012, 00:36

No, I meant if Queen Catherine was a Might and Magic 7 character which class would she be? I think she must have been a paladin and I meant this spell

Destroy Undead:
Spell Point Cost: 10
Calls upon the power of Heaven to undo the magic which animates an undead target creature. Damage is 1-16 per point of caster’s Light Magic skill. Only works on undead creatures.

Flodarien
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Flodarien » 14 Sep 2012, 00:59

I might be wrong, but I do not think that Paladins can actually use Light magic. I think they are stuck with Self magics. At least, it's like that in MM6.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Sep 2012, 02:12

Paladins and archers can get basic light/dark in MM7. Destroy undead is basic.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 14 Sep 2012, 06:08

Her class doesn't matter, everyone can cast a spell from a scroll.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 14 Sep 2012, 13:49

GrayFace wrote:
Bandobras Took wrote:Destroy Undead is an AoE in the HoMM games
No, only in H3. In H1 it was cast on a single stack and in H2 there were "Holy Word" and "Holy Shout" spells.
Oops; didn't know that about H1. I wasn't worried about the names in H2, since the effect was essentially the same, unless my memory is playing tricks on me here, too. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Sep 2012, 14:52

EnrothandErathia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby EnrothandErathia » 14 Sep 2012, 16:17

tolich wrote:Her class doesn't matter, everyone can cast a spell from a scroll.
She didn't use a scroll, she used a book! Knights in MM7 don't have a spellbook!

EnrothandErathia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby EnrothandErathia » 14 Sep 2012, 16:23

This still doesn't answear which class is Queen Catherine. She can't be a Knight it turns out she's Ranger if she used Lighting Bolt because Paladin can't use Elemental magic.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 14 Sep 2012, 17:21

EnrothandErathia wrote:Knights in MM7 don't have a spellbook!
Game mechanics. Just as the classes themselves are. Anyne can cast magic, there is nothing story-wise that inhibits knights or barbarians or ninjas from using it.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 14 Sep 2012, 17:22

Lightning Bolt was obviously just part of the ritual's effect. Note that it doesn't say "she casted the lightning bolt spell", just that the lightning bolt was summoned from the sky. Lightning just appears when this undead turning ritual is taking effect.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Sep 2012, 18:11

EnrothandErathia wrote:This still doesn't answear which class is Queen Catherine. She can't be a Knight it turns out she's Ranger if she used Lighting Bolt because Paladin can't use Elemental magic.
Her class is Knight in both H3:RoE and H3:AB.
Does it answer your question?
XEL II wrote:Lightning Bolt was obviously just part of the ritual's effect. Note that it doesn't say "she casted the lightning bolt spell", just that the lightning bolt was summoned from the sky.
Yes, indeed
XEL II wrote:Lightning just appears when this undead turning ritual is taking effect.
Probably it's something more complicated like Ritual of the Void for example (Knight also could use it without any knowledge about magic schools).

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 18 Sep 2012, 09:28

Me not quite sure, but wasn't it obvious that her class was "Queen" ?

Return to “Might and Magic”