MM7 - new ground textures + few other thingies

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 13 Aug 2012, 18:47

Lol image tag. Where'd my forum skills go? D: I got rusty.

Anyway, that sounds great :) If I ever decide to finish my modification, I sure will use this advice! For now it's just so insignificant it's hardly worth a bother for me to learn those tricks and make it all awesome and clean. I can always just pack them assets in a .rar file and leave here, can't I? :D

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 22 Aug 2012, 16:58

Okay, I finally got my lazy ass up and packed the files together. Two links:

1.http://www.mediafire.com/?gpyb3f54f4yh0lp
this one contains icons.lod and bitmaps.lod. Like I said, they are made on BDJ's mod.

ICONS.LOD contains:

- 2 fully-redone PCs. My work these are. If anyone ever wants to redo this or that, I don't mind at all.

- 2 almost-fully-redone PCs. Also my works, feel free to finish them if you want :P

- Many NPC faces replaced with wonderful art borrowed from the interwebs. Credit goes to the respectful owners. The pictures are so small and cropped I don't think anyone should mind :) It is all for free.

BITMAPS.LOD contains:

- all ground outside textures redone (aside of some water part, I ran out of time!). They are all my work, but feel free to modify them as you want or use for another Might and Magic things. Just let me know so I can see if you do? :9

- few other things redone - random door, house, closet.

- Celeste walls and Skies redone to be more... majestic and less... puke like in case of the walls. It can get SHINY if you turn on the Torch Light spell! *-*

2. http://www.mediafire.com/?gpyb3f54f4yh0lp
Folders. They include the textures and PC characters mentioned above. Lets you browse through the assets and pick what you like and whatnot. No NPCs included.

And screenshots of the few finished ground textures:

Bracada: Image

Harmondale: Image

Nighon:Image

radagast82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby radagast82 » 23 Aug 2012, 06:59

Damn that's some really great work there!

I'll keep it in mind if I ever plan on replaying mm7. :)
(I'm atm running through a TCC mm6 run, hehe. xD )

On top of BDJ's mod, meaning it's also compatible with grayface patch I assume.

Keep it up I love the improvement on textures and especially the 3rd-4th faces in your pics.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 23 Aug 2012, 09:16

Glad you liked it :) It is compatible with the patched game, yes, it's how I played it.

And this is one more thing I made that I failed to import to the game :P It imported a palette but was all white and grainy. I guess sprites are another story, even from the plants.

Anyway, I'm not super-sure about sup with the palettes there. What I did was use the aforementioned programs to import files and they created the palettes automatically, but it created 11 or so of them when I was importing one ground type (and so 1 palette really). So then I manually deleted 10 of them and next time the game ran it actually ran with just this 1 palette (haven't checked if it would with 0 of them tbh). It just seemed kinda random to me, so maybe I messed something up. Be warned :p Although the files without any more modifications work 100%.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 25 Aug 2012, 02:51

Did you test it in Software mode too?
Did all ground frames have the same palette before you imported them?
1) With the flower you can try using the same palette the original flower is in. 2) If that doesn't give a good quality, then convert it to 256 colors with a new palette, import it and remember the number AutoLod gives to the palette. Then use MMExtension to edit Data\Tables\SFT.txt (it's created on first game launch with MMExt). There you'll find PaletteId column in which you should write the number of palette AutoLod has added. Launch the game. Then you can take DataFiles\dsft.bin and distribute it with the mod. Put it into events.lod or distribute it in DataFiles folder as well.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”