MMVII Party?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
andy1694
Peasant
Peasant

MMVII Party?

Unread postby andy1694 » 20 Jul 2012, 20:28

Hi :) I manage to fix the trouble, it was easy, i just changed some settings and it worked without trouble :) So now that i got the game running, I have some questions:

I Have completed the game on Light mode before, so therefore i am going to play the Dark mode this time, so my question is can someone recomend a good party for me? which class should i have on my people?

I also have a question about the running, is there some patch or a setting i can change so i don`t have to hold down the Shift key when i want to run?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 20 Jul 2012, 22:19

The same parties that work well for light tend to work well for dark (although paladins/archers are much weaker dark).

Knight +
Cleric +
Sorcerer +
Anything

With dark the last slot is often filled with another sorcerer for triple shrapmetal, but really any team with the above 3 will be more than sufficient for a first time run through on either path.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 20 Jul 2012, 22:22

For running go into options and turn on "always run" which reverses how running works (hold shift to walk and run when not holding shift). This does not exist in MM6 but was added in 7.

andy1694
Peasant
Peasant

Hi :)

Unread postby andy1694 » 20 Jul 2012, 23:03

Okey :) Sounds fine, thank you :) by the way, do i need to download a patch or something before i start a new game? or can i play with just the game installed, or is there to many bugs so i should have a patch? If i need a patch give me a link to a download

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 21 Jul 2012, 00:30

I have no idea what version you are playing but you MUST be at least 1.1. The original game had a bug where the 2nd sorcerer promotion didn't trigger. Anything from 1.1 on is stable. If you are looking for the latest, try Grayface's patch.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 21 Jul 2012, 00:31

andy1694
Peasant
Peasant

hi:)

Unread postby andy1694 » 24 Jul 2012, 16:36

i chosed monk as the last in the Party, i have some questions, As you know, because i choosed the party mentioned in one of the other posts, i ahve a knight in my party, and i noticed that the monk to did not have spell points, does he learn spells later in the game? after a Promotion or something? Is the Monk good?

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 24 Jul 2012, 16:49

Dark is much the same as playing through as the Light, except for the spells. Also, it's MUCH easier to clear out Celeste as the Dark then it is to clear out The Pit as the Light.

Also, Dark has more expensive spells, and less 'cheese' (like paralyze or destroy undead) or convenience spells that cast all the spell buffs at once. Also, careful with dragon breath, you CAN kill your own party with it.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Re: hi:)

Unread postby Arret » 25 Jul 2012, 01:50

andy1694 wrote:i chosed monk as the last in the Party, i have some questions, As you know, because i choosed the party mentioned in one of the other posts, i ahve a knight in my party, and i noticed that the monk to did not have spell points, does he learn spells later in the game? after a Promotion or something? Is the Monk good?
The monk focuses on unarmed and dodging so gear increases are far less important. It's a completely different playstyle, and honestly I hated it, but there are plenty here who love it.

Especially as dark, the monk spells are terrible. You get basic self (body, mind, spirit) after 1 promotion and nothing more after the 2nd. The advantage is that you do get master disarm and better stealing once you get your second promotion. In order to make the most of your monk, you need to enchant items with +unarmed and +dodging skill. There is also an artifact that grants +10 to each which stacks with whatever item you already have granting that bonus.

As mentioned, overall dark spells are just flat out strong once you dump some points in. Shrapmetal will clear out almost anything in the game except the Blaster Guy and control undead takes care of the rest.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 28 Jul 2012, 12:33

I prefer to get archer there. Play same if Dark side or Light side, but archer/bow is strong overall.

Mihalidis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mihalidis » 22 Dec 2012, 23:09

Knight+Cleric+Mage
4th could be Ranger (has good start..probably easiest quest for avancement+hidden chest in Tul.forrest got good equip exactly for him,can be secondary healer ,good with bow chain and axe)
..or Monk (opposite of ranger..slower start but after you combine grandmastery of staff+unarmed and grandmastery of leather+dodging it will become beast..+secondary healer as well)

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 23 Dec 2012, 05:01

Hunter is generally considered the weakest class in the game because they don't really do anything that well, especially once you have reached mid game. The best skill is bow, and if that was all you were after, use an archer. You can get a better weapon than the axe by just going to Avlee and buying one from the shop.

For monks DO NOT get GM staff. Based on how slow the recovery time is for the staff it actually does more damage per second to continue with no weapons.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 23 Dec 2012, 14:06

To add to the above, though the first Ranger promotion is easy, the second one on the Light side is a pain and on the Dark side is a slog.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 23 Dec 2012, 14:15

Arret wrote:Hunter is generally considered the weakest class in the game because they don't really do anything that well, especially once you have reached mid game. The best skill is bow, and if that was all you were after, use an archer.
The Ranger is actually a really good solo class (solo = playing with one characer) since he has access to so many different convenient skills and his first promotion is the easiest one in the game.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 23 Dec 2012, 15:37

Macros the Black wrote:The Ranger is actually a really good solo class (solo = playing with one characer) since he has access to so many different convenient skills and his first promotion is the easiest one in the game.
As well as the second, it's too easy to collect 10000 bounty, especially if you really enjoy the process.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 23 Dec 2012, 20:11

4th could be Ranger
While it have most easy promo quest, I think it has worst design. Only good side is master archery, which on other hand is surpassed by archer due to GM. Sure he can heal(very little), while losing to archer on almost any other point.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 23 Dec 2012, 22:40

Macros the Black wrote:The Ranger is actually a really good solo class (solo = playing with one characer) since he has access to so many different convenient skills and his first promotion is the easiest one in the game.
Why no love for druids?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 24 Dec 2012, 07:12

GreatEmerald wrote:Why no love for druids?
1) Not that good with miscellaneous skills, esp. Disarm Traps and Repair. Druid must be very perceptive or lucky to live long and prosper.
2) Harder first promotoion. It's three points to visit instead of but one, and the third one involves cleric's promotion. Much more, all three are fiercely guarded.
3) Way hardest second promotion (well, to steal an egg, not to bring some remains into the tomb).
4) Though his affinity with magic can really help, lone Druid cannot open chests distantly, or protect himself from Death/Eradicate effects.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 24 Dec 2012, 10:54

Why no love for druids?
1) weak early game (pretty much weaker physical class)
2) As tolich pointed out - hard promotions. Specially for dark side.
3) Inability to GM skill's which leaves him worse caster than archer or paladin, as they in addiotn to combat skills get some light/dark. If he could GM both ego/elemental it would be whole other deal.
As well as the second, it's too easy to collect 10000 bounty, especially if you really enjoy the process.
Thats bit of game of luck. If you abuse fact that you can "chose" bounty, with reloads, then it is easy. Just roll some high end mob like angel/wizard and it is done. Alsso you need TP spell to be effective bounty hunter. As single hunter character who plays without abusing game mechanics, getting promotion might be rather tricky.(although there of course is certain charm in such challenge.)

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 24 Dec 2012, 17:54

tress wrote:Thats bit of game of luck.
I start this game as soon as I visit Harmondale my first time. Yes, it still involves luck, but it's not that painful.
tress wrote:Also you need TP spell to be effective bounty hunter.
There're some Gate Masters around to do the magic. On the other hand, there's no crime in traveling by foot.

Return to “Might and Magic”