MMVII Cd trouble

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
andy1694
Peasant
Peasant

MMVII Cd trouble

Unread postby andy1694 » 19 Jul 2012, 22:52

Okey, i Want to play some MMVII again, but i have a problem, because, i have installed the game, but the Play cd is to damage so i can`t get the game running, so i am wondering is there a patch or anything i can install so i can run the game without the Cd?

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 20 Jul 2012, 05:47

First of all there isn't normal no-cd patch since much of information is actually on CD.
Second even if you get your hands on ripped image it very likely wont contain music.
However you can try GOG site. MM7 cost like 5 dollars there for electronic copy.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 20 Jul 2012, 08:56

You can run the game with a no-cd crack (use google, be sure to update your game at original form first before apply it) without any problem BUT without music (since the audio files are on cd).

+1 for the GoG version also, if you want to spend few cash ;)
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Jul 2012, 14:42

there is a stand-alone version of mm6-8 with mp3 tracks
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Jul 2012, 16:06

Grayface's patch already includes a no-cd option in MM7.ini. But yes, that will make it so that music doesn't play, since it's on the CD (which can be worked around). Though if your original CD is corrupted, I'm afraid your installation might be corrupt as well.

andy1694
Peasant
Peasant

hi

Unread postby andy1694 » 21 Jul 2012, 16:24

yes that seems to be correct, I tried deleting and installing the game again, and the installation stops at 75%, then it does`nt help with Grayface patch if the game is only 75% completed, can i fix that somehow?
The install disc should work fine, because i have installed other MM game with the same disc before, it is the millenium collection :)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Jul 2012, 18:08

Hm, I'm somewhat confused here. You have a play disc that doesn't work and an install disc that does? But then why would the installation hang? Or do you have two copies?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 21 Jul 2012, 18:32

Get it from torrents then use Mok patch, this is what I do. I bought all MM games (except IX) but was many many years ago, don't even know where those discs ended since then.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 23 Jul 2012, 02:03

Here's a tip from experience I had from a different game, Baldur's Gate 2, where my install kept crashing when attempting to grab movie files from one of the CDs.

First, do you have an old hard drive laying around anywhere that Might & Magic was successfully installed on? If so, then you're in luck, if not then my idea won't work.

Run the M&M installer, and chose the minimum install settings. If this works successfully, test that you can run M&M, then close the game.

Make a copy of your just installed M&M directory on your desktop. Now, grab your hard drive with the properly full installed version of Might and Magic, and compare what's in there with what's in your just installed M&M folder, and copy and paste in any missing data. You may also need to open any '.ini' files to modify values in there if it references a specific location on your computer to find say graphics data.

Also, like GreatEmerald said, Grayface's patch lets you run M&M without the CD, if you look hard enough you can even find the MP3's of M&M music to use in his mod, I think someone posted a link to it a few months ago here.

andy1694
Peasant
Peasant

hi :)

Unread postby andy1694 » 24 Jul 2012, 16:16

I think i got it running now, i chosed, to not install the extra graphics in the installation i installed Grayface patch in the game file to, so now install is 100% complete, and grayface pach is also inside the game file, so now i am ready to play :)

Return to “Might and Magic”