MM Modding (mm7)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

MM Modding (mm7)

Unread postby the beavers1 » 02 Jun 2012, 05:04

OKAY! Now that ive learned to do a little modding I would Like to know how to input a whole new "unique" monster! (not replacing one adding one) Also While I was going the the monsters.txt I noticed that there was no "Grognard" and that there were strange objects such as cat dog chicken, as well as blasterguyC, and 3 of the "MegaDragons" can someone explain this to me? I think I understand the blasterguy and Megadragons but why the cat dog chicken and rat? and why no grognard? Just learning how to mod and seem to do pretty good without any tutorials on some of the common sense modding (like changing the hostility) so Im just asking some questions.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 02 Jun 2012, 10:35

these mobs counts as unique and got script input. they are programmed to be so via scripting.

these mobs cannot be placed random - you have to put them 1 by one via script.

adding new enemies is not so possible to do. we could solve it by anhancing the enemy list by +12 new creatures - there are limits of them. the only way is to use 2 LOD archives and be sure that your newly creatures won't crossover with old ones (cause game could read only 1 LOD archive of the same type).
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 02 Jun 2012, 17:53

Ahh I see that explains it lol. Is there anyway to switch one monster out with another? like for say switch out the goblins in Harmondale with Golems or Dragons?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 03 Jun 2012, 10:03

the beavers1 wrote:Ahh I see that explains it lol. Is there anyway to switch one monster out with another? like for say switch out the goblins in Harmondale with Golems or Dragons?
mapstats.txt
there are map + monster spawns. simpe swap the names and different monster kinds could be placed. but be warned - some kinds of monsters cannot be placed (maybe they will attack each other...or another creatures will be spawned instead - like behemots or droids, even if you wanna goblins O.o)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 03 Jun 2012, 18:34

thanks!

Return to “Might and Magic”