100% quest challenge in mm6

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Gallimar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

100% quest challenge in mm6

Unread postby Gallimar » 19 May 2012, 19:15

Hello everyone im Anders! Ive played all of the MM games but mm6 and 7 mostly, im simply wondering what your time record is for a 100% quest. That means all skills mastered and full spellbook, aswell as all the extra items ingame like the flute and all the pink letters you get from different locations. So whats you record? No exploits allowed like the bank scroll or nwc dungeon more then once (no of the gods buff all the time)

Flodarien
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Flodarien » 24 May 2012, 13:31

Pink letters? What are those. I don't think I ever found any of them in all the different playtroughs I made of this game

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 24 May 2012, 13:53

Flodarien wrote:Pink letters? What are those. I don't think I ever found any of them in all the different playtroughs I made of this game
I think he's talking about the scrolls that you get that talk of some priests from the temple of the sun and there journey to save some altar from the temple of the moon in mm7.... At least thats what I THINK it is.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 25 May 2012, 04:32

No idea what he is talking about on pink letters, but on the original subject in MM6 anyway it should be obvious, April 14-15 (the earliest you can possibly have all quests done).

Due to the time constraints on the druid promotions (March 20 + next full moon), that is the earliest you can have all the quests done. You can easily do every other quest in the game and kill every monster in the game before that date (can be done without much effort in half that time but he said ALL quests).

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 25 May 2012, 10:41

A pink letter:

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 25 May 2012, 13:29

tolich wrote:A pink letter:
AHH! so it was the readable scrolls! I was on the right track just didn't know exactly what lol
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: 100% quest challenge in mm6

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 May 2012, 00:41

Gallimar wrote:No exploits allowed like the bank scroll or nwc dungeon more then once (no of the gods buff all the time)
The flight scroll you find in New Sorpigal? How come this is an exploit?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Gallimar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

100%

Unread postby Gallimar » 29 May 2012, 15:46

It might not be an exploit or so to say, but it is still cheating for me, you arent "supposed" to go and find item in walls... especially not a fly scroll in the first town.

As for all the quests, i might have forgotten the druid part (i dont pick druids when playing on time) so the druid quest is out.

And yes those are the pink letters i mean, i kinda se them as proof that you have been to all the places, since some of the letters you dont find in quest areas.

Well i might still have forgotten a few things but i hope you all know what i mean by a 100% quest with no cheats.

Flodarien
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Flodarien » 29 May 2012, 16:14

Actually, I think that the fly scroll is primarily used to get to the Air trainer on top of the bank. That would make sense, even if it can be used for other things.

Denim Dan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Denim Dan » 29 May 2012, 17:58

What about getting all the shrines? And wouldn't doing the Druid quests be part of the 100% quest completion?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 29 May 2012, 18:12

Flodarien wrote:Actually, I think that the fly scroll is primarily used to get to the Air trainer on top of the bank. That would make sense, even if it can be used for other things.
Unnecessary. Thanks to renderer bug, you can find a place where you easily observe the door from the ground.
I used this scroll to touch the Obelisk (and pick two horseshoes).

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Re: 100%

Unread postby Arret » 30 May 2012, 00:35

Gallimar wrote:100% quest with no cheats.
the druid quest is out.
These two statements are contradictory. The druid quest isn't a minor quest either.

We can have an actual discussion on MM7 though. I haven't seen any times posted but I would imagine somewhere in the vicinity of 4 months (war clock) plus 2-7 days for mostly the same reasons. If you run through the main line quests up until the war clock (with generous use of gate masters), you should be able to grab everything else before he dies leaving only a few days travel to get to the barrow downs (particularly Nighon) and Bracada to rescue the dwarves.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 30 May 2012, 06:52

Arret wrote:We can have an actual discussion on MM7 though.
Champion quest: 5 Sundays we're to spent 4 (2 with a Horseman) days. All these days may be within those 4 months of war though.

Mattard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mattard » 30 May 2012, 20:21

Arret wrote:
Gallimar wrote:100% quest with no cheats.
the druid quest is out.
These two statements are contradictory. The druid quest isn't a minor quest either.

We can have an actual discussion on MM7 though. I haven't seen any times posted but I would imagine somewhere in the vicinity of 4 months (war clock) plus 2-7 days for mostly the same reasons. If you run through the main line quests up until the war clock (with generous use of gate masters), you should be able to grab everything else before he dies leaving only a few days travel to get to the barrow downs (particularly Nighon) and Bracada to rescue the dwarves.
THe druid quest requires set dates making a ingame time based run through pointless because they'll all finish at exactly the same time (the time being the later of the two dates)

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 31 May 2012, 05:18

Mattard wrote:The druid quest requires set dates making a ingame time based run through pointless because they'll all finish at exactly the same time (the time being the later of the two dates)
So we have the minimum date of ending. Is anybody ready to reach the goal EXACTLY in this time? Moreover, you can spent some weeks, training your characters or visiting Shrines of Attributes, and then rush to destroy the Reactor and Queen.

Gallimar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gallimar » 01 Jun 2012, 09:21

Sigh... when i said 100% quest some of you might have thought about everything ingame, including druid quest and all shrines (wich would be 11 months and a couple of hours). ofc the shrines are not counted into the "100%" quest, maybe i should have written: make as many quests possible in the shortest amount of time (that means no druid quest and no getting nicolai from the circus, and no shrines Xept for the Might in bootleg bay)

Cant you ppl take a post for what it is and try to understand what i mean inbstead of spinning off and focusing on the things i forgot? No one is going to think that you are any smarter.. wich most of you are trying to be =/

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 01 Jun 2012, 10:31

Why the heck I'm ever to visit that darned Shrine of Might? It's not a quest place, so forget about it.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 01 Jun 2012, 19:35

Gallimar wrote:Sigh... when i said 100% quest some of you might have thought about everything ingame, including druid quest and all shrines (wich would be 11 months and a couple of hours). ofc the shrines are not counted into the "100%" quest, maybe i should have written: make as many quests possible in the shortest amount of time (that means no druid quest and no getting nicolai from the circus, and no shrines Xept for the Might in bootleg bay)

Cant you ppl take a post for what it is and try to understand what i mean inbstead of spinning off and focusing on the things i forgot? No one is going to think that you are any smarter.. wich most of you are trying to be =/
I think you are overreacting. You said 100% and we answered the question. If you want to exclude certain quests, that is not 100% completion by definition.

The shrines are debatable as to whether they count as quests (no experience and they are repeatable indefinitely), but the Druid promotions are certainly quests.

A better question would be "What is the fastest time that you have killed every monster in the game ignoring respawns (e.g. Silver Helm Outpost/Lair of the Wolf/The Hive)?". None of the quests which give time limitations require killing new monsters.

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 05 Jul 2012, 05:20

Well there are many factors to considere
For example how would you react on multi-looting?

At my last game now I am in the part, where I just need to go into the last 4 castles, the Pyramid, Controle center and the of to the hive. I have March aprox. 23 and I think I will finish late Aprile.
I did not use the NWC dungeon or the teleport in Buckanier's layer to get to the Shrine of gods. Also I did no multi-looting. I did do my "Boost round" at the begining of the game. But I did not use the scroll feature (Hired an air master).
The round consists of:
Find Air master In NS or CI.
Go to seear, use the Diagonal travel feature to get to Free heaven in 5 days.
Use the free heaven well to get 15 strenght to all characters, hire a portal master.
Go to BB, Us the Fontain of Intelect and Personality, and teh shirne of Might. Port back to NS
If you gatherd enought herbs, make black potions for each party member.
At the end. you should have the following states at day 14-15:
Str. 34, Int 24, Pers, 24, Luck 24, Ed +10, Speed +9, Acc +9, This should make the game easy enought to manage the the 15,5, Date. The only problem I encouter is the problem with traveling. I am going to loose 15 days just on traveling (Due to not using the Sorpigal-Dragonsand teleport).

Also do you considere finding the Obelisks to be a quest? That would ad an unnescesary visit to Paradise valey.

Return to “Might and Magic”