Largest Chest (amount of stuff) Found

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Largest Chest (amount of stuff) Found

Unread postby the beavers1 » 12 May 2012, 02:26

Hey guys! I am replaying mm7 solo this time, and whilst I was going through Barrow Downs I Found a chest, First time I open it, Its full of gold weapons and misc stuff of all descent to good quality. I open the chest a second time and get ANOTHER full chest with gold weapons and misc. with good quality. I open it a THIRD time and I got about 1/3 of the chest filled which included the 3rd tier staff that my sorceress needed. This was the biggest chest (not the best in terms of value) I had ever found and was wondering if others could share their stories on chests that they had found.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 13 May 2012, 09:40

There have been too many for me to remember. I have had some juicy ones though.

Is the chest you found, the one that triggers a file of monsters after you open it?

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 13 May 2012, 11:19

Yeah that's probably the chest. I had to open it three times to loot all the stuff.

Another chest in Mm7 that had a lot of items in it (had to open 3/4 times) was the Arcomage quest chest.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 13 May 2012, 13:43

Anubis wrote:Another chest in Mm7 that had a lot of items in it (had to open 3/4 times) was the Arcomage quest chest.
Wasn't it designed to be opened but once?

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 14 May 2012, 00:51

Actually the chest I opened was NOT the one that spawns monsters It had a regular trap (im playing solo and my sorceress dodged it) it does have a few specters around it but i killed them, the location was behind the burrow entrance closest to you when you go to borrows downs via the harmondale road. But yeah it had a lot of goodies (=

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 May 2012, 05:23

In MM7 the 2 best chests are the one off behind the trees before you hit the water in Tularean Forest and the one in Barrow Downs that teleports you into the midst of a bunch of gogs.

Both seem to have level 4-5 loot that you simply won't run into that early in the game elsewhere without getting to Deyja or Bracada and save abusing the item vendor. With the minotaur axe from the Tularean chest and a Supreme Flail from Stone City, you get way ahead in the game. Loot later simply doesn't help as much as getting a huge boost early, not to mention all the other stuff sitting in the chest (gold, black potion usually).

Now in terms of the best loot I have seen it is between MM2 Cuisinarts' drop or MM6 Obelisk Chest.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 14 May 2012, 06:08

Arret wrote:In MM7 the 2 best chests are the one off behind the trees before you hit the water in Tularean Forest and the one in Barrow Downs that teleports you into the midst of a bunch of gogs.

Both seem to have level 4-5 loot that you simply won't run into that early in the game elsewhere without getting to Deyja or Bracada and save abusing the item vendor. With the minotaur axe from the Tularean chest and a Supreme Flail from Stone City, you get way ahead in the game. Loot later simply doesn't help as much as getting a huge boost early, not to mention all the other stuff sitting in the chest (gold, black potion usually).

Now in terms of the best loot I have seen it is between MM2 Cuisinarts' drop or MM6 Obelisk Chest.
Can you please describe the location the the tularean forrest chest you were talking about or give a screen shot because Ive cleared all the trees (or thought i did) and searched all the chests but have found none that are great some are even barely Descent so plz tell me more of this chest, I will continue searching

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 May 2012, 01:57

Coming from the main city to the first set of trees on the main continent, you take a sharp right to climb the hill. Move your camera angle down and walk over toward the cliff outwards towards the water. There should be a miniature area to land on before the full descent. The chest is sitting here.

I'm about to start up 7 again so I'll post a screenshot or two if I remember when I get there.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 15 May 2012, 03:18

Arret wrote:Coming from the main city to the first set of trees on the main continent, you take a sharp right to climb the hill. Move your camera angle down and walk over toward the cliff outwards towards the water. There should be a miniature area to land on before the full descent. The chest is sitting here.

I'm about to start up 7 again so I'll post a screenshot or two if I remember when I get there.

WOAH!!!!!! I have to say that this chest is probably the only chest that I have not yet gotten.... Its hidden in a really unlikely to find area! Thanks for the directions! Btw speaking of hidden chests did you guy's know of the chest on the top of the mountain in deja? its above the flight limit point and would almost never be found unless purposely searching for it.

Edit: I noticed that the stuff in the tularean forrest chest are "set" and are the same no matter what, I noticed this when opening the chest with the account Im using after finding it with one of my old accounts that had town portal that I used to find it, the stuff was the same.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 16 May 2012, 02:03

That is what I was thinking. Every time I opened it there was a minotaur axe, a black potion, a bunch of gold and some misc other items.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 16 May 2012, 02:43

yep thats exactly what I got

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 May 2012, 00:56

Arret wrote:That is what I was thinking. Every time I opened it there was a minotaur axe, a black potion, a bunch of gold and some misc other items.
Yupper,

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 19 May 2012, 13:01

speaking of chests, has anyone every managed to open up that chest beyond the border in Sweet Valley?

it always irks me that you can see it but not open it.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 19 May 2012, 15:39

Talin_Trollbane wrote:speaking of chests, has anyone every managed to open up that chest beyond the border in Sweet Valley?

Use telekinesis twice :D

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 May 2012, 20:47

Exactly, or make your caster have good enough disarm and cast it once.

The only other place I can think of that really uses the spell is in Corlagon's Estate. If you use it to press the button to unlock the last room, you cut a ton of time off.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 19 May 2012, 21:30

MMXAlamar wrote:
Talin_Trollbane wrote:speaking of chests, has anyone every managed to open up that chest beyond the border in Sweet Valley?

Use telekinesis twice :D
huh, i tried telekinesis once, but i guess i did it one try too few.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 May 2012, 22:12

The first time triggers the trap. If you use it a second time you get to open the now disarmed chest.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 20 May 2012, 04:55

Also, in Corlagon's Estate (the wall chest):

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 09 Jun 2012, 10:36

Yes this is a very nice chest. You can actually Find Artifacts in it very often.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 16 Jun 2012, 11:37

tolich wrote:Also, in Corlagon's Estate (the wall chest):
ah, i know of that one, found it by accident really.

Return to “Might and Magic”