MM6: can't get to Free Haven

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
raengrey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM6: can't get to Free Haven

Unread postby raengrey » 04 May 2012, 11:25

My understanding was that there was supposed to be a coach from Castle Ironfist to Free Haven on Tuesdays and Saturdays, but when I go to the Royal Lines coach on those days it says to come back another day. I've tried every other day of the week but no go. I've also tried the ships but they apparently don't travel to Free Haven either.

Is there another coach house somewhere I'm supposed to use or are my characters too low level (11) to go to Free Haven?

I'm using Grayface's patch, if it matters.

Thanks for any replies.

vmxa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vmxa » 04 May 2012, 12:54

iirc you have to travel by foot to Free Haven the first time. Silver Cove also needs to be done manually the first time.

vmxa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vmxa » 04 May 2012, 13:41

BTW iirc you can use an exploit to get to Free Haven. NPC with TP are allowed to port to any town with a fountain. Normally you have to have taken a drink at the fountain first, except at White Cap.

Not that useful early in the game as you have to find one and have the gold to hire, if they will let you.
Last edited by vmxa on 05 May 2012, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

raengrey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby raengrey » 04 May 2012, 13:42

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it's coming back to me now (I played the game a while ago) and I believe you're correct.

I ran to Free Haven with the help of the wonderful page on the-spoiler.com and my own memory. Took a few hits but nothing serious as I ran by mobs and now I'm happily in Free Haven.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “Might and Magic”