Couple MM8 Questions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 11 Apr 2012, 11:41

xzavian wrote:How often are store inventories refreshed? They havn't sold town portal in ages
Empty the shelf, and you'll see the answer.

xzavian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xzavian » 13 Apr 2012, 19:57

How do I complete the Alliance quest for the dragons? I've killed all the dragonhunters and I have the sword. I have also finished the quest for killing dragonhunters. When enter the cave of the dragon leader there are no options for talking to him, is there something more I must do?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 13 Apr 2012, 21:04

xzavian wrote:How do I complete the Alliance quest for the dragons? I've killed all the dragonhunters and I have the sword. I have also finished the quest for killing dragonhunters. When enter the cave of the dragon leader there are no options for talking to him, is there something more I must do?
To complete Alliance quest you must bring the stolen egg to the Dragon King.
To complete Dragon promo quest you must kill all the dragon hunters and (probably) their dragon pets in the camp and around, and then bring Sword of Whistlebone to the Dragon King.
Note that some hunters' quest cannot be completed once you ally with the dragons.

xzavian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xzavian » 14 Apr 2012, 11:21

Right, sorry forgot to mention that I had already delivered the egg. The dragon king said that he would support the alliance when the treath of the dragon hunters was over. So I killed all the dragonhuunters and got the sword. Now what? One of the dragons was pleased but I still cannot speak with the dragon king. Have I completed the quest or not? Are the dragons part of the alliance?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 14 Apr 2012, 15:19

xzavian wrote:Are the dragons part of the alliance?
If you've delivered the egg and therefore allied with them, then Dragon King is actually in Ravenshore in the Fellmoon's House. :)

xzavian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xzavian » 15 Apr 2012, 11:16

Yes, I found him there later :)
Must I finish the alliance quests to get to Regna? Also, mosnters in several regions have respawned (chest content aswell), and in others they have not, is this normal?

vmxa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

spoiler inside

Unread postby vmxa » 15 Apr 2012, 15:10

Spoiler
Yes you have to finish three alliances and then you get the quest to check on the pirates. This will lead you to get to Regina eventually. It has been a while since I messed this up so I am not sure of the sequence, but once you get the Sink the fleet quest you must not come back to Ravenshore till you do it.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Apr 2012, 16:47

xzavian wrote:Yes, I found him there later :)
Must I finish the alliance quests to get to Regna? Also, mosnters in several regions have respawned (chest content aswell), and in others they have not, is this normal?
Yes you need to finish the alliance quests. Once you get to Regna, don't try going back to Ravenshore unless you want to fight roughly a hundred pirates until you finish the quest that sent you to Regna in the first place. All doors in Ravenshore lock until either a) you complete the quest in Regna, or b) you kill the wave of pirates throughout the city.

But yes getting to Regna is a pain. The good news is that is has the last inn/arcomage and you can tp there once you have been there and drunk from the fountain.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Apr 2012, 16:52

Yes, monsters respawn by zone based on a set time period for each zone. Remember that each level of training takes 8 days, so it is easy to reach several months.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Apr 2012, 18:20

Double_Trouble wrote:Hi, I was wondering if in MM8 the always run also increases recovery time like in MM7?
WOW! Never heard of that. Can you explain in detail?
tolich wrote:I'm broke anyway, is there anywhere I can grind in MM8?
Arret wrote:Do the trading triangles (yes I know it is tedious, but it is actually pretty fast).
You're doing it wrong :disagree:
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 16 Apr 2012, 06:34

GrayFace wrote:You're doing it wrong :disagree:
You too. I never said that. :D

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 30 Apr 2012, 05:48

tolich wrote:Again, if you have a small agreement with Mr Malwick, you will be quested to do something for Niles Stantley at certain time. If you won't, one of consequences is zeroing bank account. As I rarely put something to the bank, the only money they got is awards of the Queen and the King.
IIRC that particular quest didn't appear in MM 8 anyway.

& to get gold much, I usually buy some weapons in smith, give fire enchantment on them (at GM this is permanent) and sold them back at + 2000.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 01 May 2012, 09:03

BoardGuest808888 wrote:IIRC that particular quest didn't appear in MM 8 anyway.
I only have stated the fact, that breaks the rule of bank safety. BTW, OP doesn't care about gold, he wants experience.
Moreover, Fire Aura +2000, but Vampiric Weapon doubles the price.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 May 2012, 10:36

Enchant Item has a chance to 10x the price (Antique). :D

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 01 May 2012, 14:11

Avonu wrote:Enchant Item has a chance to 10x the price (Antique). :D
It has, and even works on any items of good quality, but it's but a chance. So Fire Aura is better for cheap items.

Return to “Might and Magic”