The Chaos Conspiracy Questions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
grosbill
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grosbill » 08 May 2012, 05:42

oops....But Baal's Garden is no longer useful to go to if i get the calice?

I just have to try to clear the pyramid then.
Right?

Thank you fot your help.

PS: How do you do to call the zones by " E2", "B3".... ?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 09 May 2012, 01:24

Yes, you are at the endgame. You need to find a place to burn the chalice, which is inside the pyramid. If you can't get inside the pyramid you need to go back onto the main quest line (town portal out) and pick up the key (the key looks like a golden pyramid).

I refer to the zones by code instead of name because I tend to think of the MM6 names, not the TCC names.

Instead of calling it "Dragonsand" when I mean Baal's Garden and causing even more confusion, it is easier to refer to it as B3 so I don't have to think about it. Same concept as E2, but that zone has a different name in MM6, TCC1, AND TCC2 (Misty Islands, Ellesia, Unchartered Sea).

The world is split into zones and geographically I am referring to the following chart where letters increase as you go east and numbers increase as you go south:

A1 B1 C1 D1 E1
A2 B2 C2 D2 E2
A3 B3 C3 D3 E3

grosbill
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grosbill » 09 May 2012, 12:42

OK In France we should have using a different coding :

C1 C2 C3 C4 C5
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5
A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 for instance.

Otherwise i finish the game with a score of 189 762 and I can go back to Baal's garden and visit the pyramid with guiding lights.

Thank you

Callipygian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Callipygian » 24 Feb 2013, 16:56

First of all, many thanks to the development team of TCC. I have played the MM and HoMM games when I was a teenager and I recently, in a nostalgic mood, started replaying MM6. I soon found out I'm not the only one and that there is still an active MM community. I'm impressed by the work you guys have put into this mod and I'll try to give constructive criticism when I've finished it (currently lvl 40 or so in TCC 1). Unfortunately, part of my notes (mostly textual remarks) got lost in a computer crash, but I'll keep adding new comments.

Now, I just have a rather trivial question. According the the expert shield trainer in Kat'an, the master shield trainer can be found in Cheroburg. However, he does not seem to be there. I checked the house he lived in in MM6 and then the other houses in the small city, but to no avail. Any hints? Thanks in advance!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 24 Feb 2013, 19:34

As one of the TCC team I am glad you are enjoying the mod. My involvement was in the story creation and several of the quests. Unfortunately I had nothing to do with the programming so I can't recall where BDJ move the trainers. According to the reference material Jim gave me while writing the walkthrough one shield trainer should be in Kat'an in the cluster of four huts in the far south of that map. A second one is in Port Sleigon in the row of huts along the northern edge of the town. Hope that helps.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Callipygian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Callipygian » 24 Feb 2013, 19:51

Thanks for the quick reply, jeff. I checked Kat'an and Port Sleigon and that's where the expert shield trainers are. Both of them refer to Bronwyn Meck in Cheroburg for master level training, but I cannot find him anywhere in Cheroburg ;/. The same is true for the master mace, Errol Ostermann, who is also supposed to be in Cheroburg. The only thing I can think of is that these men are among the captives of the Rusalka, so I need to save them first. Correct?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Feb 2013, 00:47

Sorry I misread your original post; he is supposed to be in Cheroburg in the house just north of the sanctuary. My materials have that and other select trainers marked in red; so perhaps BDJ has set it so some event has to occur before they are there. Sorry I just don't remember what that might be. :S But as I recall several trainers aren't available until after you complete some of the promotion quests giving you an upgraded status; perhaps that is what is needed.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Callipygian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Callipygian » 25 Feb 2013, 17:05

Problem solved: they are available after completing the Rusalka quest! :D

Return to “Might and Magic”