Might and Magic IX (Writ of Fate): The Lands of Rysh [Map]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Might and Magic IX (Writ of Fate): The Lands of Rysh [Map]

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 13 Feb 2012, 16:01

This is the most complete version of the map of Rysh, the continent which MM9 takes place upon. The map was made by Tim Lang, lead designer of MM9, and edited by me with a collaborative effort. Unfortunately Tim has lost the original map of Rysh, and this is the most complete version, including all the places referenced in MM9.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 14 Feb 2012, 17:33

now why doesnt modders build on that?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

boban89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

question

Unread postby boban89 » 20 Feb 2012, 20:32

Well its nice to see whole map of MMIX but real reason why im replying here is a question . Why does MMIX is so crappy game in comparsion to MMVIII and MMVII ? bcz IX have really crappy gfx

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 20 Feb 2012, 21:06

Low budget.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 21 Feb 2012, 17:19

Crap...you know what...I just realized I forgot to map Old Ursana, Etendar, and At'rann.

Etendar - East of Lindisfarne in the Sea of Verhoffin
Old Ursana - Slightly East of Etendar
At'rann - About 400 miles South of Verhoffin's Tower, placing it near the Southernmost area of the Verhoffin Sea.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 22 Feb 2012, 07:09

How do we know the place of Ravensford?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 22 Feb 2012, 13:25

Tim Lang told him where it is and he marked it in.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 17 Mar 2012, 06:29

Hanndl's Grasp:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Mar 2012, 07:39

IIRC Hanndl's Grasp are islands of Sturmford and Drabgheim, Guberland and Vishi.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 17 Mar 2012, 10:15

Avonu wrote:IIRC Hanndl's Grasp are islands of Sturmford and Drabgheim, Guberland and Vishi.
Yep... Vishi cannot be visited, so it doesn't matter. And Sturmford and Drabgheim are actually on the same island. All what I mean is that a new mark can be placed on the map.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 18 Mar 2012, 15:26

It's actually kinda cool - Vishi Island was mentioned in only one dialogue in MM9 and was supposed to hint at a future quest. I believe the NPC was named Rustavius, who was a member of TELP.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 20 Mar 2012, 14:50

One question about Map of Chedian: Anyone knows if Yorwick was planned as a big city with city walls, not just few peasant huts as we have in game, or it is different city.

Long ago I thought it was Framon capital, which was never added into game - but that was long ago, when MMIX was just released.
Yamnir's Fort also looks different and Frosgard also has city walls.
Now, when I look at this map, I wish that MMIX was released with all planned content. It would be different game. :P

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 20 Mar 2012, 16:20

It probably is a big city, and it's just not represented through in-game scale. Kind of like Steadwick in MM7 (and other capitals).
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 22 Mar 2012, 22:47

No, Donium was always the capitol of Framon. It was going to be modeled after London.

The thing about the story is that at first it was Tom Ono's story (which later became the Set of Mist) and then Tim Lang took over and made a lot of changes. They thought Tom's story was too final fantasy-ish so it was changed.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Mar 2012, 16:36

Are there any others things which are in game but were connected to previous plot?

BTW - can you add mountains and main routes between towns for Chedian on your map? I always wondered how Beldonian and Chedian armies arrived to Yorwick battlfield where there are no pass or harbour and only way to get there are tunnels from Thronheim (which probably weren't used, judging by monsters who lives there). ;)

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 23 Mar 2012, 23:22

@ Avonu: the Beldonian hordes did go through the passage from Yorwick to Thronheim...the battle of Yorwick takes place right outside the tunnels...then they marched North to Frosgard.

I could work on the main routes, but I'm not really a mapmaker so they wouldn't be very accurate. You'd have to go through the maps in MM9.

Return to “Might and Magic”