M&M8 Alchemy Mod 1.5

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

M&M8 Alchemy Mod 1.5

Unread postby koval321 » 04 Feb 2012, 15:35

This mod is all about alchemy. Changes are about potion flasks, and alchemy users (necromant characters) new paperdolls, clothes and weapons.

Instalation is simple, replace *.lod files in data. Mod can be instaled in any progress in game (dont need to start again because it dont change story, quests etc)

Download: M&M8 Alchemy Mod 1.5
alch1v5a.zip - 38.37MB

(1.5 is official last version because finished playing game and it dont interest me anymore)

Mod contain:

ALCHEMY
Potion Flasks have 50% size this help a lot for player who use alchemy and have many potions in inventory. Flasks have also different shape I redesign them all for better recognize with this tiny size. First and second level is standard colors, on third they have symbols (similar to Dungeon Master potions)

PAPERDOLLS
-Throne backround of necromancer
-Necomancer female 1 & 2 (they are naked)
-Vampire female 1 & 2 (white skin instead of blue)

NEW ITEMS:
5 leather armor
5 staff
4 helm
5 belt
1 cloak

screen1: solution to few potions (blue+purple=shield etc.)

screen2: new leather armors and other items

Last edited by koval321 on 15 Feb 2012, 17:32, edited 9 times in total.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 04 Feb 2012, 16:58

Why is her tit showing? 8|

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Feb 2012, 17:01

Maybe she's a slave girl or something? Or a religious figure in which breasts are considered part of a fertility display?

I'm all for nudity if it makes sense, but don't like nudity in games just for nudity's sake.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 05 Feb 2012, 05:43

This require to change items XY position, already i quick positioned them by resize bitmap, and with this method can be moved only by + (right down) not - (to up or left) In mm6 this can be changed in Items.txt from Icons.lod here is new engine.. ok found that it lay in Items.txt from EnglishT.lod

Already am experiment on one character new system of clothing where underwear can be weared, this concept work in early Elder Scrolls and can be done here something similar but by tricks like alternate belt, cloak, boots. Its possible because females have different graphics for clothes and btw have idea to make gothic long dress instead leather trouses armors.

zalunaya
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zalunaya » 05 Feb 2012, 10:22

I don't mind nudity, but you may want to [NSFW] the title.

Anyways!
=The potion changes look good. Reducing inventory space taken up is very welcome, otherwise is spent thirty minutes of inventory-Tetris.

=Don't mean to nitpick, but maybe the nipple should be moved slightly more up and to the left. As it is, it looks like it's on the inner side of breast rather than the front. Could be a trick of perspective, though.
koval321 wrote: btw have idea to make gothic long dress instead leather trouses armors.
Oh, I'd love that :) M&M has many nice designs, but lacks of some beautiful clothing.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 05 Feb 2012, 13:10

I renamed item to Savage Rags, this one will not cover but else will do. Price of belt and cloak will be cheap to avoid situation "oh my i dont have money for pants!" Well its under experiments, have many new ideas: dark elves as drow with black skin white hairs, trolls as redguards, minotaurs as dwarves. Vampires will have white skin like one necromancer woman instead of blue.

moding tips:
EnglishT.lod seem to be impossible to open and edit in MM7View.
Items.txt from EnlishT.lod cant be opened in MMArchive but can be extracted and edited.
Save changes is possible but not obviously, use icon "add.." and it will override file
Items XY position is last number before description in Items.txt
zalunaya wrote: Oh, I'd love that :) M&M has many nice designs, but lacks of some beautiful clothing.
Not sure its beauty, but when its possible i will definitely chose for womans dress than trouses. Probably they will be short because boots, anyway woman boots can work as stockings and must be long, this graphic appear above armour. Here is result of first experiments:

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 06 Feb 2012, 01:02

this will be interesting....

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 06 Feb 2012, 20:18

zalunaya wrote:Don't mean to nitpick, but maybe the nipple should be moved slightly more up and to the left. As it is, it looks like it's on the inner side of breast rather than the front. Could be a trick of perspective, though.
Trying to design the perfect pair now are we? :D

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 07 Feb 2012, 03:21

MMXAlamar wrote:
zalunaya wrote:Don't mean to nitpick, but maybe the nipple should be moved slightly more up and to the left. As it is, it looks like it's on the inner side of breast rather than the front. Could be a trick of perspective, though.
Trying to design the perfect pair now are we? :D
lol

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 07 Feb 2012, 06:26

Its optic illusion when you look at them too much.

Foud that some values from txt are locked and changes does nothing. Maybe this could be done by other editors, already am use only MMarchive.

Is it part of any quest to kill three pirates from ships at islands? Btw i was able to do that on low level, water walk jump and hide under stairs, then melee attack (he always stand above and cant hit team)

zalunaya
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zalunaya » 07 Feb 2012, 08:32

koval321 wrote:Its optic illusion when you look at them too much.
Oh, right, it's the Internet. Of course. I've been assumed to be male, yes?
I remember how that works, now. :)

Only pointed it out because I've worked on nude/non-nude textures for other games; men, women, demons, whatever. It's not actually much of an issue, and I shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. Not something a lot of folk are going to notice in the long run.
koval321 wrote: Is it part of any quest to kill three pirates from ships at islands? Btw i was able to do that on low level, water walk jump and hide under stairs, then melee attack (he always stand above and cant hit team)
I killed one of them at a low level via archery, was able to complete game.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 07 Feb 2012, 17:55

New update

screen: changed loading, but still dont known where is mainmenu gfx, cant find it in resources

screen: new items, its my graphic in 2d made from scratches like picture of gorgoyle or snake head

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 08 Feb 2012, 00:32

COOL! What other changes do you plan on making?

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 08 Feb 2012, 11:11

Wow, good work!
I like it so far.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 08 Feb 2012, 18:07

the beavers1 wrote:COOL! What other changes do you plan on making?
Am already play this game again, and whatever see that dislike: change it. Most of content is ok and probably i will modify around 30% of 2d graphic.

new version, screen: i was unable to enlarge boots (locked items position) so am back to lidea of long dress. Warlock helm come wit chainmail corset as one item (so its chain weared on leather) maybe also lich crown will be connected to rusty plate (battle mage and lich as mages which wear armor)

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 09 Feb 2012, 00:29

Great JOB! btw is there any way of Clearing up some of the paper doll for the female necromancer? shes really blurry...

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 15 Feb 2012, 17:15

ok finished playing game and btw dont see reason to update mod because i will not play it anymore

with this mod alchemy is easier but still suck because lack of game balance, i end with above 800000 money and its pretty waste of time to figure out black potions, much easier is to buy them in shops

anyway played 4 necromants and around eng of game each one have elemental 15 and dark magic 30, white potions was usefull to win skill challenges which gived like +5 levels of skill points but at end have somewhere above 70 level which was way enough good

potions really help me only in one place shadowspire laboratory to cure fear and insane, so am invent only white potions (not even all of them) and none black potion, because i dont need them in this point of progress in game

what is good that in give some extra more spells, but mostly red and blue potions was in use. what i found was that dark magic is best from all in game, last spell souldrinker heal party and damage enemies, only this skill and three spells toxic cloud dragon breath soul drinker, elemental magic is ok at begining but its really good to fast invest in dark

this time am used save game editor to change portraits from lich again to known face, and gived perception skill which sometime is very usefull but dont want to have anyone beside necromants

here is bit more from my alchemy research, this would be ofcourse totally impossible with big flasks, how read this potions solution: blue+purple=shield+orange=... (white) also there are potions by mix these with symbols, potions recipe suck and i discover them by my experiments, this was actualy very cool but later with too much money i just buy them, its because lack of game balance, but skill is ok and mod helps a lot to use it

Holly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holly » 17 Apr 2012, 14:14

Is there a way to download this? The link is not available any more.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 10 May 2012, 06:30

Yeah, I'd like the link as well

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 12 May 2012, 01:34

It does look interesting; but please, start the girl with clothes on. Nobody walks around naked in the streets.

Return to “Might and Magic”