Mod to play solo in M&M7?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
gromon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mod to play solo in M&M7?

Unread postby gromon » 03 Feb 2012, 16:02

Hi guys,

I've been playing M&M7 for dozens of times, both role-playing and power-leveling. I managed to beat the game with a team of 5 mages and a team of 5 knights and recently I was trying to solo the game. I used the save game editor to kill 4 characters and leave only one alive but this solution has several flaws, like when using divine intervention or being brought back to life after jumping off the cliff :]

...so I was thinking, would it be possible to permanently disable other team members by altering the game code? Maybe remove their portraits, put backpack icons instead, delete the skills tab and make some alteration to journal, so that it wouldn't mention more than one character?

Tweaking the attack speed and enabling all skills could possibly make it even better.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 03 Feb 2012, 16:45

There are 4 playable characters in Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor.
So you're to kill only three of them.
Just to be sure that we talk about the same game.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 03 Feb 2012, 16:46

no i think you have 4 peoples in team

possible way to kill team member is make strange alchemy mixture which explode

as about strange teams once i tryed play insane party, just wait > tired > insane > dead (this was drawback) so i run insane and yell at each townsfolks, very funny (drunk party was cool too)

vmxa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vmxa » 03 Feb 2012, 17:52

I am confused. If you have 4 charaters (MM7) and 3 are dead and the solo dies, you lose the game. So why worry about jumping off a clift and reviving?

I know I played solo many years ago, I just let the other drown and helaed my main. Then played the game.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 03 Feb 2012, 19:17

vmxa wrote:I am confused. If you have 4 charaters (MM7) and 3 are dead and the solo dies, you lose the game. So why worry about jumping off a clift and reviving?
You can't lose in Might and Magic games, only lose money or progress.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 03 Feb 2012, 19:23

This is, quite obviously, exactly what he means by "you lose".
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 03 Feb 2012, 21:00

GreatEmerald wrote:lose money
Banks are to solve this issue, don't they?
XEL II wrote:This is, quite obviously, exactly what he means by "you lose".
Of course not. The game is lost only if your characters cannot overcome or cheat their death. There's no losing in MM6-MM9 (Enroth explosion in MM6 is but bad ending), while MM1-MM5 have several ways of failure.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 03 Feb 2012, 23:05

XEL II wrote:This is, quite obviously, exactly what he means by "you lose".
Obviously not - you do need to worry about jumping off cliffs in you get revived, since everyone gets revived.
tolich wrote:MM1-MM5 have several ways of failure.
Well, there you only lose progress. Unless you avoid all inns in MM1-2 and the save button in 3-5.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 04 Feb 2012, 07:36

GreatEmerald wrote:Well, there you only lose progress. Unless you avoid all inns in MM1-2 and the save button in 3-5.
To save and to load the game are not ingame actions. If all your party gets killed in MM1-5, them you lose whole the game, no matter how many times you can try again, it will be another story.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 04 Feb 2012, 09:01

How is going to an inn not an ingame action?..

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 04 Feb 2012, 10:49

GreatEmerald wrote:How is going to an inn not an ingame action?..
Ingame your characters go to an inn, and the local officer put their data into the inn roster. Though it's out-of-game that this data is saved on the floppy, cause there's no computers in the game. Umm, you know what I mean. Data keeper's computer doesn't count. :)

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Feb 2012, 15:36

But be it save-load (MM 1-5) or respawn (MM 6-9), the party still dies story-wise and the player "loses" current game, albeit with less reprecussions for gameplay in case of MM 6-9.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 04 Feb 2012, 23:46

I've made an MMExtension script for solo game. You can find it with instructions here as well as MMExtension itself: https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm/mmextension
I wanted to make a more serious script a long time ago, but this thread inspired me to make it the simple way. I think it would be good enough.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

vmxa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vmxa » 06 Feb 2012, 03:08

To me, if all my characters die, I lost and I would start a new game. You do not have to do that as you can "cheat death" as the reaper says. I just call it a loss and start over.

I also treated not having the void scroll as a loss. Served me right for not paying attention.

Return to “Might and Magic”