Might and Magic Tribute: 2012 Update

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 13 Feb 2012, 14:04

Erm, better late than never I guess. :P

The positioning is perfectly reliable. Barring Asomath's new map, it was the closest anyone ever got based on available data.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 13 Feb 2012, 15:15

Uncovering old maps is always fun :) I think it's time I released the Rysh Map here. I'll do that later today.

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 14 Feb 2012, 23:12

Corlagon wrote:Erm, better late than never I guess. :P
*sigh* every post is a repost of repost :(

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 06 Mar 2012, 00:30

Asomath, you guys should get a facebook page. MMX has a very successful one, and we're going to hook it up to our new site when it's launched. More fans!

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 06 Mar 2012, 08:47

I hazard to say that the calendar map is even more accurate than Asomath's :) Although we placed Antagarich on the image a bit closer to Enroth and Jadame than it is to fit it into the calendar. But the positioning is right and adhers to lore information on geography.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

is this project still alive? or has it died out?

Unread postby namad » 13 Apr 2014, 23:26

is this project still alive? or has it died out?

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 16 Apr 2014, 01:40

I think it's safe to assume that it's dead. It's been two years with no development at all. It would be probably more brave for the team to announce it. The aim of the original creator of MMT was to push for a new official Might and Magic game. That has already happened, hence MMT completed it's goal. It would be nice to have a fanmade game but that time has come and gone. The project has had too many restarts and each one makes it harder, because when someone leaves they take their work with them. Even the ones that they don't, leave it in an unfinished state which is either unusable or the new team members has to make sense of it (especially if we're talking about code).

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 19 Apr 2014, 18:51

hellegennes wrote:I think it's safe to assume that it's dead. It's been two years with no development at all. It would be probably more brave for the team to announce it. The aim of the original creator of MMT was to push for a new official Might and Magic game. That has already happened, hence MMT completed it's goal. It would be nice to have a fanmade game but that time has come and gone. The project has had too many restarts and each one makes it harder, because when someone leaves they take their work with them. Even the ones that they don't, leave it in an unfinished state which is either unusable or the new team members has to make sense of it (especially if we're talking about code).
thing is though that the original creator (cant remember his name anymore, before Ribannah) was very competent but left after a very nice tech-demo was put out, but after that its just been a merry-go-round with new modders dropping in or leaving after making some arts or abit of code every month.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 06 Jun 2014, 18:23

The original demo by Sir Felgar was very simple, made with an engine that was easy to program but could never carry the game, and using assets that were not ours. The work began only after that.

There is no reason to abandon the project at this time. The core of the game is there. Were it not for my illness, the code would have been completed years ago, too.

A new team can be formed at any time to continue the work. Ubisoft's MMX Legacy, IMHO, is no reason to throw this away.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 06 Jun 2014, 22:13

I'll take your word for it, but at the moment you have no team. Isn't it so? Finding a new team is a hell of a job.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 09 Jun 2014, 05:25

There are still a lot of people that remember MMT, and I think there can be some enthusiasts if they will find out that the project is not dead.

Perhaps, at first it would be better to make everyone know that it's not dead. Because on every source I usually hang around, everyone thinks that MMT has ceased development.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 13 Jun 2014, 23:26

I don't even know a website link where I could follow the progress. Centuries ago, I remember offering to help with MMT, but while I don't have time for that anymore, I'd still like to send some warm feelings your way.

EDIT: well I found the olde forums in my tabs, and there a topic in which I posted something too xD http://www.castlegobs.nl/forums/index.p ... 1117&st=15 This terrifying necromancer is mine! Oh, memories, memories, haha.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 14 Jun 2014, 02:10

Echo wrote:I don't even know a website link where I could follow the progress. Centuries ago, I remember offering to help with MMT, but while I don't have time for that anymore, I'd still like to send some warm feelings your way.

EDIT: well I found the olde forums in my tabs, and there a topic in which I posted something too xD http://www.castlegobs.nl/forums/index.p ... 1117&st=15 This terrifying necromancer is mine! Oh, memories, memories, haha.
like an echo it came back to haunt :D Although I gotta say that place is almost completely dead, only one topic that is this year and all the rest are 2+ years older lol
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Return to “Might and Magic”