Might and Magic 8 modding questions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Hellburn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magic 8 modding questions

Unread postby Hellburn » 26 Dec 2011, 13:46

Hello there

Is it possible to change some portraits of hirelings? (for example - trio Dyson Leyland-Maylander-Dervish Chevron have the same portraits - I want to make them a little more different.)
Is there a way to add some new hirelings? Is it possible to add them to the Adventure's Inn?

Thanks
~hell

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 26 Dec 2011, 19:16

mercenary uses the same graphics as ordinary playable chars. so if you chandy dyson - one of the clerics will change automatically.

but you stll can edit and change paper dolls and faces too.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Hellburn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hellburn » 26 Dec 2011, 19:36

I think you misunderstood me. As you know, some of portraits/paper dolls are not used by mercenary BUT you can choose them for your main character.

Example: You can choose the female Cleric for your main character, but there's no female Cleric to hire!
There's one female Vampire too - similar situation.

I don't want to load my own graphics - all I want is to make some more differences between mercenary characters or even better - ADD some MORE hirelings (especialy with those unused graphics - example with female Cleric).

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Dec 2011, 14:44

Change roster.txt from events.lod. There are are Picture and Voice columns.
To add a new hireling you can use one of unused rows from 36 to 50. Then you'll also need to add corresponding NPC, find a house for him, make dialog topics...
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 29 Dec 2011, 17:49

Hellburn wrote: ADD some MORE hirelings (especialy with those unused graphics - example with female Cleric).
you might be stunned but that female cleric with white headpiece is avaible for hire!!! there are her data in LOD archives but it is not activated.

here she is as a NPCfor hire:
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Hellburn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hellburn » 29 Dec 2011, 22:05

vladimir-maestro:
Yes, that's the case. There are some unused NPC slots thich I'm about to "activate" ;).

GrayFace:
I've done some research, looked into game files and I've managed to add hireable NPC to a house in Daggerwound Island (yay!) and modify the existing NPCs. Still, some things are a mystery to me:

How to add an NPC to Adventurer's Inn?
When I click the "Join us" dialogue option, I recieve no text message - how to add one? (It is possible to say 'yes' or 'no', though).
How to add "triggers" (example: How to make certain NPC join your group ONLY if you've done Alliance Quest)?

If you know anything that would help, please, share it.
~hell

Hellburn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hellburn » 03 Jan 2012, 21:43

Sorry for double-post.

I figured out everything except adding npcs to Adventurers Inn... Can anyone help with that?[/b]

Return to “Might and Magic”