DirectX fail although I have ver 9

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
domino
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

DirectX fail although I have ver 9

Unread postby domino » 19 Dec 2011, 15:42

Might and Magic 8 :| I have directx 9 installed but it the game will not pass it. If I go ahead and load it anyway it only gives me one character. Any ideas without too much tech speak would be really good. Thank you in advance.

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 19 Dec 2011, 15:57

Most of these installers fail to recognize newer DirectX versions. Just ignore it. And your second "bug" about one character (if I understand you correctly) is a new "feature": in MM8 you start with one main character and various characters may join you later. You can also dismiss them at any point in the game and combine a party of your choice later.

domino
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: DirectX fail although I have ver 9

Unread postby domino » 19 Dec 2011, 17:13

Solitaire, thank yoy so much for your fast reply. I can't believe it, I am such an idiot. So eager to play I didn't read the instructions. I have spent months, and hours on the internet trying to find a solution. Again thank you.

vmxa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vmxa » 19 Dec 2011, 18:09

Been failing the test for years on so many systems. Not enough disk space was one I recall, as it had no idea about giga bytes.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 19 Dec 2011, 20:21

I always fail the RAM test on Heroes 3 Installation :(.

Might and Magic 8 has many differences to 6 and 7, it has a more modern RPG feel with that you recruit your characters after progressing through the game a bit.

domino
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Message from domino

Unread postby domino » 12 Jan 2012, 00:10

Thank you to all of you who replied about my directx problem. Do any of you know anything about my latest problems?

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 13 Jan 2012, 19:33

I always fail the RAM test on Heroes 3 Installation .
This one? If you have a lot of RAM (IIRC 2GB) the installer overflows and sees your RAM size as negative. Obviously RAM test fails. Simply ignore it.

Return to “Might and Magic”