Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 13 Dec 2011, 21:42

Actually I was looking at the unknown island, but it looks good on the map to have a vacant island, so nvm!

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 13 Dec 2011, 22:01

Haha yeah. They kind of balance out the map a bit.

This is what the Continent of Enroth looks like at the moment (1/3rd real size)

Im not sure as to where the Antagarich geography is located, so if you could get a picture that would be great.

After mountains woods and lakes, I'll be doing villages and Castles.

~Asomath

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 13 Dec 2011, 22:16

Frozen Wates - Frozen Highlands

Western Wastes - Paradise Valley (sometimes named Pleasent Valley) and Sweet Water. They weren't wastes before Night of the Shooting Stars.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 13 Dec 2011, 22:29

Which is what im a little unsure of... should this map be pre MM6 or post?

~Asomath

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 14 Dec 2011, 02:42

I added Castles, Towns, and Roads. I put them all in groups,, so I can take pictures with some things hidden as desired. Todays progress in Enroth:

~Asomath

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 14 Dec 2011, 10:17

Corlagon‘s Estate? Tomb of VARN? Abdul's Resort?

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 14 Dec 2011, 11:32

Abdul's resort I forgot.

Varn and Corlagon's Estate arent so much Castles or Towns... more dungeons. Which I'll go back and do after I get Antagarich's and Jadame's basic marking done.

~Asomath

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 14 Dec 2011, 16:27

Those maps look superb, Asomath!

If your game is still set during the war of the Church of the Sun and Moon, this map would resemble the land after. So as Avonu said, you should change the name of Pleasant Valley.

I know that Corlagon has extensive knowledge of the lands beforeery MM6 occurred from when we were discussing the colonial government. He would be very helpful with the names of the towns/areas.

It would be very interesting if, in MMT's story, you involved hinting at a report of Kreegan forces in distant space, accelerating toward the planet. It could be via some Ancient intel. I don't know what your plans for Sheltem are, but you'll certainly want to match up your time periods. We have plans for Sheltem in MMX too, and it would be nice if we could coordinate them so both games are canonical as possible.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Dec 2011, 08:32

By the way, you might want to increase the contrast of those maps. Brown on brown is not the easiest to make out.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 15 Dec 2011, 11:39

Yeah, I'm trying to work out decent colors while still maintaining the "old-timey" look.

@MMX this map isnt specifically for MMT, it's more directed just to getting a resource out to fans, that may assist in consolidating games to a more accurate representation.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 15 Dec 2011, 14:10

GreatEmerald wrote:Even then, it would be pretty wacky, since it would imply that Antagarich is all in the temperate climate zone, so it should be pretty small indeed. That said, I don't recall ever seeing any jungles on Antagarich, either. The desert goes right to grasslands.

And yes, Slayer, cold currents do indeed exist :)
Funnily enough, it is all in the temperate climate zone, Av Lee is temperate and it's the northern part of Antagarich. If cold currents go north and warm currents go south (in the southern hemisphere) then it is pretty easy to figure out what's going on.

A current goes southwards and actually goes around the whole Antagarich continent. A cold current going north goes through Vori, the two currents meet around Tatalia which is why Tatalia is so wet.

Interestingly however, Tatalia must be a lot colder than one might imagine given the reptilian lifeforms found there. But reptiles can live in cold places and nowhere is it stated that Tatalia isn't cold in the winter.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 17 Dec 2011, 18:52

Interestingly however, Tatalia must be a lot colder than one might imagine given the reptilian lifeforms found there. But reptiles can live in cold places and nowhere is it stated that Tatalia isn't cold in the winter.
If i'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that Tatalia should be cold because reptiles live there?
This is not true, because reptiles are cold-blooded and would be terribly adapted to a cold, snowy climate.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 17 Dec 2011, 22:48

Secret_Holder wrote:
If i'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that Tatalia should be cold because reptiles live there?
This is not true, because reptiles are cold-blooded and would be terribly adapted to a cold, snowy climate.
I've played MM7, Tatalia is half swamp and half snowy highlands.

vmxa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vmxa » 18 Dec 2011, 14:26

What reptiles are in Tatalia? In MM7 there are trolls, one dragon in a cave and human forms. There are ghost in the island dungeon.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 18 Dec 2011, 16:18

Not a Heroes 3 player, are you...

Mattard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mattard » 18 Dec 2011, 17:29

Tatalia is in HoMM 3 the home of the fortress town, which has units including, Lizard men, basilisks, Wyverns and hydra...

And the snow in Tatalia was likely due to the altitude... since that snow was kinda up a mountain...

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 18 Dec 2011, 19:46

MMXAlamar wrote:
Secret_Holder wrote:
I've played MM7, Tatalia is half swamp and half snowy highlands.
The key word being "highlands"

But my point was, that reptiles don't live in snowy enviroments, and therefore Slayers sentence didn't make any sense. (so, not much has changed there)

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 19 Dec 2011, 16:26

The trolls in Tatalia wander both the swamp and the snow.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Dec 2011, 17:25

Tidewater is not actual Tatalia. It's Erathia region/area of influence. We never visited real Tatalia Lowlands in MM7, same as we never visited Bracada Highlands.

@Asomath
I think you should move Blackshire near the road leading to West. After all, cities were built at routes, so they can generate money from passing caravans.

I also think, that you should move White Cap and Castle Stormgard closer to mountains on the South. There should be some space on North reserved for barbarian tribes villages conquered by Archibald during Succesion Wars.

I always thought that MM maps (and game cities) are more symbolic then real mapping. For example I think that "real" Steadwick is not just few huts besides city hall - they more represent district of the poor. Same for MM6 map - it represent Ironfists' Kingdom, where only the most important cities, castles and routes are mapped and not always with 100% correctly.

But it is only my personal opinion and advice.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 19 Dec 2011, 17:55

Avonu wrote:I always thought that MM maps (and game cities) are more symbolic then real mapping. For example I think that "real" Steadwick is not just few huts besides city hall - they more represent district of the poor. Same for MM6 map - it represent Ironfists' Kingdom, where only the most important cities, castles and routes are mapped and not always with 100% correctly.
I agree with you. Just thinking of MM3-MM5, it takes in-game hours to travel in desert terrain whereas in real time it's one second and you ostensibly move only a very minimal distance. I tend to envision MM6-8 in the same spirit - Enroth and Antagarich are *probably* much, much larger in "reality" than these representations of them which we are playing through. It's just an interpretation, but I think MM9 is much truer when it comes to scale.

Return to “Might and Magic”