Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Map of the World of Enroth

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 06 Aug 2014, 12:39

Avonu wrote:From these texts I suspect there are plenty of islands between Enroth and Antagarich, one of those we visited during sir CHristian AB campaign.
Well, there's Regna, and the Dagger Wound Islands. Might be some more islands to the south of Regna, though.

I've always imagined Jadame as being rather small, since we hear so little about it. Hmm.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Aug 2014, 13:12

The problem is, that Regnan Islands starts 200 miles to East of Enroth. Regna and Dagger Wound Islands are much, much futher. Besides you have these "petty kingdoms and tribes" on them. Ifen when we count Bootlag Bay islands, Karigor and MM8 islands, that still seems to be much lower number then suggested by these texts.
Also, sir Christian moved from one of such archipelagoes and kingdoms to other with each map and ended eventually near western coast of Antagarich.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 13 Aug 2014, 04:20

Looking good, Katarn. I'll review it later for accuracy, but on first glance, it looks well off! I've updated the main post with it, so it is easier to find.

As for the islands, it is definitely suggested that there are many many more.

Cheers,
~Asomath

Katarn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Map of the World of Enroth Revised

Unread postby Katarn » 15 Aug 2014, 03:19

Asomath wrote:Looking good, Katarn. I'll review it later for accuracy, but on first glance, it looks well off! I've updated the main post with it, so it is easier to find.
That's very nice of you, thanks!

I've replaced the old map with a new, revised version. Many, many landmarks were added, lands were revamped to fit more closely to their in-game visage, there was some continents and islands rearranging and more. Endless Ocean is less endless now, but judging from the MM6 intro, there's not so much space between the continents.

What caught my attention were enrothian roads. As for the one leading to Agar's laboratory through a frozen wasteland, it's a bit of a stretch, I guess. But who knows, maybe someone was attending to it, so it's not hidden beneath the snow. On the other hand, road leading to Abdul's desert resort straight through the Dragonsands was too much and I've decided to not place it on a map. As those roads are pre-silence, the desert part would have to survive the Day of Fire, years of abandonment and tons of sand. When you come to think of it, from what exactly the Ancients produced them ;)?

I've added more towns, especially on Antagarich, they were mostly taken from non-randomized town names found in H3 campaigns.

There's a region added on Enroth which placement concerns me and the fact that the whole continent is apparently re-imagined between H2 and MM6 doesn't help either ;). Carator Mountains were placed to the south of Free Haven, close to Darkmoor. As they were supposed to be south from the initial battles of the Succesion Wars and in some distance from the dwarven domain, it seemed to be the best location for them.
Asomath wrote:As for the islands, it is definitely suggested that there are many many more.
Yep, there's no doubt there should be a lot more islands here and there on the Endless Ocean, yet we know virtually nothing about their exact location, shape and name. I've decided to add only those islands about which we have at least symbolical knowledge. Thanks to that the map is, hopefully, venturing less into the fanon territory ;).

So, here's the revised map:

Last edited by Katarn on 03 Jan 2018, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Aug 2014, 14:22

If you don't want to draw the islands, you could add a black blob around Karigor and label it "Here be dragons" ;)

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 01 Nov 2014, 00:27

Nice looking map! i don't really know what it presents x) but somehow it makes me want some coffee... but well stitched... i don't really much follow storylines in games...
but i'm come to conclusion that there must been eclipse in this game.... hmmm.... must been cloudy day cause i havent seen it... usually i just watch those cutscenes and intros that im bit hang of whats happening there...
i liked this old maps they have own kind of awesomeness in it... i never played this old M&M games but i see people selling this on yard sales sometimes maybe i need to pick one with me just for fun x)...
hmmm... someday Avonu understands all the wisdom of Slayer of Cliffracers and joins hes clan of Cliffracers x)

Markon Phoenix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)

Unread postby Markon Phoenix » 06 Mar 2017, 17:04

Hi!

This is my version world map:

Full size

Thank you for all the information that I have found here. I thought it was very helpful.

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 10 Mar 2017, 09:59

hey nice one mate that looks awesome, I am curious where you got the Jadame and the islands and all that lol

Markon Phoenix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Markon Phoenix » 10 Mar 2017, 12:09

Erwinner wrote:hey nice one mate that looks awesome, I am curious where you got the Jadame and the islands and all that lol
"Aragorn's pants"

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 10 Mar 2017, 19:07

Markon Phoenix wrote:This is my version world map:
It is most believable world map of Enroth i have seen so far, thanks for great job.
Last edited by Rodril on 10 Mar 2017, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

Markon Phoenix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Markon Phoenix » 13 Mar 2017, 13:45

Thanks)

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 24 Mar 2017, 16:17

Sweet looking map!... now Slayer of Cliffracer and Avonu can live happily ever after in this islands...
hmm... priest in their wedding ceremony probably gonna be some Hellboy character...
they could just ask JVC when there was opportunity than arguing in forum...
But nice map i dont know why that Vori place has winter i mean if theres summer everywhere can't you just describe as summer...
"if there was winter in story it probably doesn't mean theres winter all the time"....

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 28 Mar 2017, 12:06

@overall: the ice is caused by the Sword of Frost.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 25 Jun 2017, 13:46

Hey, Markon! I like it quite a lot. I have updated the main post with it. Though I am pretty sure somewhere it says that Enroth is the largest continent of them all...

I appreciate everyone's hard work in creating these maps.
Last edited by Asomath on 25 Jun 2017, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

Markon Phoenix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Markon Phoenix » 12 Jan 2023, 13:22

When I made the map, I had the hope that someone would also make their own version, having done the same work on known information. But no. Almost six years have passed.
Therefore, I am announcing my new version of the map. This time with the participation of a familiar geologist.
And if I also step on the throat of my laziness, and then I also gather a team, then this new version of the map will become the basis for one project))

In the meantime, here are two maps for mods (HoTA and H3SW) based on my first version.

HotA: The Ifarine Sea Region map
H3SW: Enroth (wallpapper version)

Kaltenberg
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kaltenberg » 27 Jan 2023, 21:32

Your map is really cool, I have some geographer friends in the faculty of natural sciences who think it is too! I have some ideas and it is possible that I will use your material (with your permission) for my own ideas.
It would take years of study to put something like this together, and to be honest I'm not really in the mood. :)

Markon Phoenix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Markon Phoenix » 30 Jan 2023, 12:01

Oh thanks)
But my acquaintances geologists, on the contrary, swore a lot.
Of course, maps can be used.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 14 Jul 2023, 18:46

Markon Phoenix wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 13:22 When I made the map, I had the hope that someone would also make their own version, having done the same work on known information. But no. Almost six years have passed.
Therefore, I am announcing my new version of the map. This time with the participation of a familiar geologist.
And if I also step on the throat of my laziness, and then I also gather a team, then this new version of the map will become the basis for one project))

In the meantime, here are two maps for mods (HoTA and H3SW) based on my first version.
Always glad to see an update. I've made the edit to the opening post for better visibility.

Happy to see the fan work continues 25 years later. I will continue to maintain this thread for any updates for the benefit of any fan project that may want to build on our work. Also, who knows, maybe an Ubisoft Shanghai employee will stumble across these maps when they eventually decide to remaster the games :)

AirikrStrife
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AirikrStrife » 19 Dec 2023, 18:25

Really happy to find so many people still dedicated to the MM universe. I been on and off playing these games since I was like 8 and have become increasingly invested in the lore of the games. I really wish Van Cannegham had continued exploring COLONY instead of blowing it up and then eventually lose it all to Ubisoft. There are so much untouched possibility and new HoMM and MM games could have incorporated missing lore and explored places like Vori and Kaligor and Jadame a lot more.

That also makes me really excited about the days of reckoning mod coming sometime in the future
Last edited by AirikrStrife on 19 Dec 2023, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”