Greetings and Salutations everyone!
I've been following this thread for quite some time with much interest. It's great to know there're still people around who're into the hardcore lore scavenging of the universe abandoned for a decade
. Apparently, the work on the complete map has been ceased or at least I couldn't find any finished version of Asomath's creation. So, after some forethought, I've decided to add my voice to the discussion and upload my proposition of the complete map of Enroth.
I probably should lighten up a bit some of my cartographic decisions
- Those three unknown islands in the east, as mentioned above, come from M&MVI intro. I've noticed, after some staring, another small isle above those mapped earlier, mostly hidden behind clouds.
- Islands from "Foolhardy Waywardness" are placed in the most likely location, but it's exact situation is a lucky guess...
- ... just like the northern, western and eastern shores of Jadame, complete Russian Roulette.
- Karigor's shape and Kalimar's location on it - as above.
- Exact sizes and locations of continents... well, look at the points above.
- What's more: there should be a lot of small islands and even subcontinents somewhere on the Endless ocean, but as they were given only a passing mention I didn't want to add them blindly.
- Enroth's western and northern shores are a result of my prolonged stare at the M&MVI intro.
- Alvar's not labeled as a capital because dark elves seem to operate without any strict government, maybe with the exception of Alvar Merchant Guild.
- I've decided to place the map in 1172, just before the arrival of Escaton, so Jadame is still unscathed and Eofol hasn't collapsed yet (I assumed M&MVIII didn't actually start on 01.01.1172, but closer to the date mentioned in the manual. Also, "the cartographer" could finish the map without knowing of the Convocation of the Cataclysm and all the other planet-shattering stuff
). To be more exact, Sweet Water could probably be labeled as "Ruins of Sweet Water", though.
Well... that's all, I guess. The map still needs some polish, it's kind of a beta version. Yet I hope it might be of some use. So, here we go:
EDIT: New, revised map posted on the next page