Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 11 Dec 2011, 18:09

Also the waters near Dagger Wound Islands are named the Ifarine Sea. I don't know where this sea's boundaries are considered to stop.

I'll try and mark the names of some of Enroth's islands, rivers and things on a map for you.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 11 Dec 2011, 18:18

Where are the White Ocean and the Quiet Sea mentioned?

Also, I think that if you really want an accurate map, you should change Enroth to look like it did on the globe in the MM6 intro. I think it has more character that way. It just looks to flat-topped as it is right now. You could do the same with Jadame too, and make up some Northern wilderness. Making the map itself more spherical would help put things more into perspective too.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 18:24

@Corlogan Thanks for that! It'll definently help.

@MMX Go to page two of the thread, and scroll down to Avonu's third post.

And what do you mean by flat topped? Do you meean the northern part of the outline is too straight?

~Asomath

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 11 Dec 2011, 18:57

Asomath wrote:Looks fine, IMO

I must have been remember it in a more zoomed in way. :( :(

It really is that wonky. Anyway good progress is being made I see.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 19:01

Haha alright, no worries, thanks!

I moved Dagerwound back, put the islands in to fill up some white space, and moved the White Ocean:

~Asomath

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 11 Dec 2011, 19:05

Asomath wrote:Haha alright, no worries, thanks!
Also judging from the picture of the globe from Might and Magic VI, doesn't Enroth go all the way to the polar regions so there is no top of Enroth? It goes off the northern edge of the map.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Dec 2011, 19:13

Asomath wrote:And Nice! More Islands! Any specifics as towards their locations? Are they closer to Antagarich or Enroth?
They are somewhere between Kaligor and Antagarich. I think they are near Antagarich (as there was Erathian garrisson in last map of Christian campaign in AB).

BTW - check this

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 19:31

@Slayer, when its first beginning its pan, from the farthest zoom, you can see that Enroth does not quite extend all the way into the poles.

@Avonu Ah so closer to this then? I dont get the point in that post. I've seen the image before, but I dont know what you're trying to say by linking it.

~Asomath

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Dec 2011, 19:48

If you saw them already, then nothing more.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 11 Dec 2011, 20:02

Here's a list of everything geographical (or, at least, most things geographical) you won't find explicitly marked on the maps of the continent of Enroth:

- Blackwoode Forest was the name of the expansive woodland which used to encompass Paradise Valley and the Sweet Water regions, before the Kreegans destroyed it.
- Carator is a mining region mentioned and explored in Heroes II but nowhere else. I don't know where it's supposed to be.
- Crescent Lake's location is not fully specified, but it seems plausible to assume it's the lake just northwest of Temper and south of Free Haven, fed by the Pearblossom at the Crescent River. If that's not the case, no worries, as this lake is also known as Temper's Lake.
- Dragon Isle is a huge island seen in Heroes II, home to the recognised king of the dragons, potentially invaded by Archibald. I believe it's not particularly close to Enroth, and may be a Regnan island near offshore Jadame (where Deftclaw, a more modern-day dragon king, lived), or one of the subcontinents between Enroth and Antagarich which are mentioned in MM6. Sir Christian got stranded there long before the events of Foolhardy Waywardness, and you can encounter messages from him, pleading for help, in the relevant scenario.
- Edenbrook is the name of the small, ruined settlement in the middle of Paradise Valley.
- Glimmervale Lake is just south of Icewind Pass in the Frozen Highlands, and has a couple of shrines on it.
- Heroes III names the small settlement in Bootleg Bay as Hareckburg (no, not Harecksburg), although beware that this may or may not be a reliable source.
- Icewind Pass is the name of the small gap in the mountains leading up the Frozen Highlands from the "dirt" lands of the south. Also see Trackless Desert.
- Krashaw was an expansive region in northern Enroth populated by barbarian tribes which Morglin Ironfist never bothered to conquer. It isn't overly present in MM6 but must be somewhere in the Frozen Highlands - perhaps it was depopulated in the Succession Wars and replaced by the empty zone north of Kriegspire, or is still populated and just in the northernmost reaches of the continent which we don't visit.
- Kriegspire Mountain is, rather unimaginatively, the name given to the volcano at Kriegspire.
- Lorendale Valley is supposedly a small area where vassals loyal to the Ironfists used to dwell, but isn't seen or heard of outside of Heroes II. As with most H2 locations, I have no idea where it is.
- Star Island is in the Blackshire region - the only island in it, indeed, so you can't exactly miss it. It's where the Temple of the Snake is.
- The Calimar River is in the Silver Cove region and lies just east of the Warlord's Fortress, which guards its source, and flows south then east towards Silver Cove itself, where it then feeds the ocean.
- The Crescent River is west of Castle Temper, and passes through the Free Haven region and the Mire of the Damned.
- The Eastern Seaboard speaks for itself I hope.
- The Floodwater River is seen only in Heroes 1, and bisected Castle Ironfist from the rest of Morglin Ironfist's towns. Either it somehow dried up, it was retconned out of existence, it still exists but Castle Ironfist was moved, or it was renamed to the Silver River.
- The Frozen Wastes were the northern homelands of Lord Slayer, mentioned in Heroes 1. I think we can be 99% certain that they just represent an alternate name for the Frozen Highlands.
- Rockham is the smaller village just west of the larger city of Free Haven.
- The Pearblossom River flows just south of Free Haven and stretches as far west as the tomb of Ethric the Mad.
- The River Morglin is only mentioned in Heroes 1 . It may be an earlier/later name for the Floodwater or Silver rivers.
- The Silver River begins just south of the Seer's hut, and flows east past Castle Ironfist and into the sea. May be one and the same as the Floodwater River.
- The Sentinels were the large, continent-spanning mountains which shielded all of Paradise Valley/Blackwoode (western Enroth) from Dragonsand, Kriegspire and the Highlands.
- The Silver Road is among Enroth's lengthiest highways, leading from Silver Cove to Free Haven.
- The Steel Mountains divide Castle Ironfist and the Mire of the Damned, and seem to stretch from the Bootleg Bay area all the way south to western New Sorpigal.
- The Trackless Desert was a sandy wasteland between the Frozen Wastes where Lord Slayer dwelled during Heroes 1. It doesn't seem to exist in the MM6 interpretation of Enroth, although the gap south of White Cap looks like a very good match, where Icewind Pass is.
- The Western Wastes is a nebulous term for the cracked, charred remains of Blackwoode Forest which dominate west Enroth.
- The White Forest River exists somewhere, but it's not really specified exactly where.
- The White Rock Islands is the name given to the three isles directly north of Silver Cove.
- There is reference made to Abdul's Resort Isle, but there's no such isle in MM6. I assume this was just a mid-development holdover, a wink at Murray's Resort Isle from MM2, or both.
Last edited by Corlagon on 11 Dec 2011, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 20:05

Nice! Thanks Corlagon, those really help!

I just read that the Regnans do have ONE outpost in Erathia... does anyone know the Name/Location of that outpost, or has it since been dismantled?

~Asomath

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 11 Dec 2011, 20:08

Where did you read as such (so I know which time period you take this info from)?

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 20:13

Abduls Resort Isle is actually the name of the resort in southern Dragonsand where you can trade Golden Pyramids for weapons and armor. As to why Abdul decided to call it an "Isle" when it is actually an "Oasis" is anyone's guess.

The quote was in a Sword artifacts description, the sword was " left in Regna's only Erathian outpost during the chaos following Hareck's poisoning death in 590 A.S."

I was just curious as to where this outpost was.

I'll proabably be writing a Might and Magic Wiki article today concerning the Regnan Empire... I already added to Regna Isles history.

~Asomath

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 11 Dec 2011, 20:17

Ah yes ;) It may be the one on the Great Lake mentioned in Armageddon's Blade:
The Great Lake was once a hiding place for Regnan pirates escaping the Erathian Navy. Many a ship may yet still be there, awaiting plunder.
This lake is visible on the Antagarich maps - it's the one just west of central Eeofol (with a river on the north and south).

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 11 Dec 2011, 20:33

Thanks! That would have bothered me! I remember now... they were defeated by the Erathian navy, and cast out.

Back to the map. Do you have a map of Dragon's Isle. Since it's completely canon, it would be silly not to add it.

In the description for the phantom cloak, it mentions Indigo from "The Regnan Archipelago." Would this just be a reference to the Islands Regna owns... or is it a specific series of Islands, likely crowned with Crescent Isle.

~Asomath

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 12 Dec 2011, 01:52

Another question. The Island of Gateway, and the Archipelago fo the Ancients (both Heroes I) could these be directly west of Enroth (the islands we see in the MM6 intro cinematic being the eastern side of the Archipelago). Morglin teleported into an island between Jadame and Enroth, and decided to sail east, passing through the Archipelago, eventually reaching Enroth.

Thoughts?

~Asomath

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 12 Dec 2011, 02:09

Here's a cool map of Antagarich I found on TELP: http://telp.org/mm7/map_erathia.jpg Haven't seen this anywhere else before.

Btw the Archipelago you speak of could be the Misty Islands. I've read Morglin's journals from H1, but I don't know of any hints at the real locations of his journey.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 12 Dec 2011, 02:18

Sweet map!

This is what I speak of... its the second map of H1: http://hommworld.net/Homm/campaign_map2.html

Its up for debate as to where these are

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 12 Dec 2011, 14:26

I've collected every Antagarich map there is out there. And probably every other Might and Magic map too. Just PM if you need a set, or you can go to Heroworld, which has most of them. Here's Dragon Isle, just for you:

Obviously very huge. Archibald's army docks from the east, which is a hint as to position, as is the extensive tropical, jungle terrain (somewhere around the equator?). Watch out though, because these ingame minimaps from H1-3 very rarely correspond to the real geography of the world (cf. Steadwick's Fall...).

No idea where the island with Gateway on it could be. Its very existence doesn't really correspond with the H1 story either. If you are going to place it, I'd presume it's not in Regnan territory because no pirates are encountered in H1 (but then again they weren't invented yet :P). Between Jadame and Enroth, or around southern Enroth, could certainly work.

As for the Archipelago of the Ancients, I don't think it's anywhere at all... but more on that later.

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 12 Dec 2011, 16:17

After reading Morglins letters I don't believe the island of Gateway or the Archipelago actually exist at all. The letters quite clearly state that he appeared directly on Enroth... no sailing required. I dont believe I am going to place them.

The next thing I would like to bring to the table is the other video that has the planet of Enroth... the HOMM4 intro. The video seems to be quite contradictory. The reckoning explosion takes place in the Northern Hemisphere... while evidence suggests that Antagarich should be in the Southern one. Also, the Continent looks nothing like Antagarich... there is a lake far too large to be Glimmerdeep, Vori is nowhere to be seen, and the continent seems to have a thin land bridge in the north that connects to the western continent (surely Jadame).

So then the question must be posed... how certain are we that the point of Reckoning occured in Antagarich? (the Blasphemy!)

~Asomath

Return to “Might and Magic”