M&MX: December 2011

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 14 Dec 2011, 16:29

GrayFace wrote:
MMXAlamar wrote:For example, you may decide to defeat an evil warlord and throw him in jail. The warlord breaks out of jail and becomes stronger, and you have to fight him again. On the contrary, you may have the option of killing the warlord on the spot after you defeat him. Your questgiver may be displeased and refuse to continue to give you quests. (This wouldn't happen with main quests of course.) Now lets say the warlord's loyal subjects pay your kingdom a visit, and they get revenge for their master.
Just keep in mind that killing Warlord must also be a viable option. No second fight and no additional quests are both serious losses, so there must be something in case of killing to account for that, like that revenge happening only if you kill him.
Well, honestly that was just an example from off the top of my head. But we could be very devious and make it so you kill him and he's revived again by necromancers. :D

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 14 Dec 2011, 21:41

MMXAlamar wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
MMXAlamar wrote:For example, you may decide to defeat an evil warlord and throw him in jail. The warlord breaks out of jail and becomes stronger, and you have to fight him again. On the contrary, you may have the option of killing the warlord on the spot after you defeat him. Your questgiver may be displeased and refuse to continue to give you quests. (This wouldn't happen with main quests of course.) Now lets say the warlord's loyal subjects pay your kingdom a visit, and they get revenge for their master.
Just keep in mind that killing Warlord must also be a viable option. No second fight and no additional quests are both serious losses, so there must be something in case of killing to account for that, like that revenge happening only if you kill him.
Well, honestly that was just an example from off the top of my head. But we could be very devious and make it so you kill him and he's revived again by necromancers. :D
I'd be more impressed if this warlord can be convinced to come to town and kill some peasants.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 16 Dec 2011, 11:43

MMXAlamar wrote:It's all on paper until we get 3D modelers.
Well, enough good that you give some signs of life, every big fan projects die anyway.

To me odds are 25% chances to complete in 2012

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 12 Jan 2012, 10:11

So, what engine will you exactly be using?
I've read your forums, and it was saying about custom engine, then XNA, then something else.. now Unity?

So, basically you have a lot of art/models and no engine?

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 13 Jan 2012, 22:01

Nomad wrote:So, what engine will you exactly be using?
I've read your forums, and it was saying about custom engine, then XNA, then something else.. now Unity?

So, basically you have a lot of art/models and no engine?
Yes, I know, there's been a lot of confusion over our engine. Earlier in 2011 we were going to wait for you to finish your engine Nomad, and use that. We decided to start from scratch with Nick, our Lead Programmer at the time, making his own engine for MMX. Then we decided to go with XNA because MMT had successfully made some levels in that. Again we switched and this time chose Unity, which Tim Lang highly recommended to us. Vector and I liked this idea so we made Unity the final decision. Christian came along as our new Lead Programmer and decided to make MMX from scratch as an editor that would be mod-able. That fell through too. Finally, we have a Lead Level Designer, Rick, and he's started designing landmass in Unity. So MMX has 100% decided to make the game in Unity.

We have very few (if any at all) 3D models, and our prime goal as of right now is to recruit 3D modelers to make assets. We'll also need 2D designers, as our current artists have only made concept art. We still need to make PC portraits and the game's main GUI and other UI screens.

Hope this clears up all the speculation!

nutman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nutman » 14 Jan 2012, 20:38

sounds good, keep up the great work, I know you must get this alot but any new screenshots on the way?

cheers
Nutman

Return to “Might and Magic”