M&MX: December 2011

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

M&MX: December 2011

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 01 Dec 2011, 20:17

Hey M&M lovers!

I have some exciting news for you folks who are following the M&MX project. We're going to break down the game into episodes so that the workload is more manageable, and the game will actually see the light of day. There will be 5 separate episodic releases, and you will be able to port your party from one episode to another, so you don't lose any progress on your characters.

In other news, production has slowed due to Vector's absence, but we're still going at it. We're accumulating a great deal of Character Artwork and Monster Artwork, which will be released simultaneously with the M&MX website when it's launched. Due to Vector's absence, we have not been able to complete the site, but it's our goal to finish things up with the site in a month or two, and then Christian, our Lead Programmer, will begin to develop the game mechanics in Unity. By the way, our new plan is to program M&MX so it will support Windows and WINE, which provides support for Unix.

Join the M&MX developers!
We are still in need of 3D modelers, level designers, and video designers. If you want to help us finish this game, please, by all means, let us know and apply to join the project!

Drop me an email at MMXAlamar@gmail.com if you're interested.

-Alamar

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 01 Dec 2011, 20:53

Once we finish with the spell table and make all the changes we both can agree on, I'll continue working on the player dialogue scripts. :)

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 04 Dec 2011, 17:09

That's a pretty good idea. I look forward hearing news about the first episode content. ;)

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 06 Dec 2011, 02:47

Can you slaughter peasants in this game?

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 06 Dec 2011, 03:39

ywhtptgtfo wrote:Can you slaughter peasants in this game?
Yes, of course :) but there may be consequences...

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 06 Dec 2011, 08:43

I like getting the town guards to do the dirty work for me (i.e. berserk)

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 06 Dec 2011, 11:33

ywhtptgtfo wrote:I like getting the town guards to do the dirty work for me (i.e. berserk)
Shame on you! Where's your sense of justice...
:beheading:

vmxa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vmxa » 06 Dec 2011, 14:00

In MM6 some towns the peons were a pain as they constantly get in the way. MM7 was less so and MM8 you could pass through them and the guards, so no problem.

At least in MM7 you could kill them and pay a fine and be done with them.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 06 Dec 2011, 18:12

We'll make sure there are plenty of tough guards to fight too. Who knows, maybe we will make a quest out of it!

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: M&MX: December 2011

Unread postby GrayFace » 07 Dec 2011, 11:27

MMXAlamar wrote:Due to Vector's absence, we have not been able to complete the site, but it's our goal to finish things up with the site in a month or two, and then Christian, our Lead Programmer, will begin to develop the game mechanics in Unity.
Why wouldn't he start now?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Re: M&MX: December 2011

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 07 Dec 2011, 13:05

GrayFace wrote:
MMXAlamar wrote:Due to Vector's absence, we have not been able to complete the site, but it's our goal to finish things up with the site in a month or two, and then Christian, our Lead Programmer, will begin to develop the game mechanics in Unity.
Why wouldn't he start now?
It's finals week for him, so this will bump the site's launch into January.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 07 Dec 2011, 22:24

Torur wrote:
ywhtptgtfo wrote:I like getting the town guards to do the dirty work for me (i.e. berserk)
Shame on you! Where's your sense of justice...
:beheading:
Slaughtering peasants is an art in itself. We had a whole school of thought about that back in the days of the 3DO forums.

By the way, it's also fun to berserk a peasant to mark him for execution by a friendly and dutiful guard.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 08 Dec 2011, 01:34

Watch out, some of the guards could be very powerful. In cities such as Paledon, Palaedra, and Arcania, Great Arcan, there will be royal city guards and they will try to kick your ass.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 08 Dec 2011, 05:32

ywhtptgtfo wrote:By the way, it's also fun to berserk a peasant to mark him for execution by a friendly and dutiful guard.
By the way, some peasants in the Nighon are premarked such way just to demonstrate us how evil these girls. :)

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 09 Dec 2011, 08:08

MMXAlamar wrote:Watch out, some of the guards could be very powerful. In cities such as Paledon, Palaedra, and Arcania, Great Arcan, there will be royal city guards and they will try to kick your ass.
Good. Those pesky peasants wouldn't stand a chance.

dretnoth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dretnoth » 09 Dec 2011, 21:36

I forget but now when we talk about harmlees peasant. There will be quest line for baaaaaad guis? :devil:
The Episodes files will be somthing that: I dont need sacriface previus episode "files" to play next?
Sry for my very bad En.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 09 Dec 2011, 22:54

dretnoth wrote:I forget but now when we talk about harmlees peasant. There will be quest line for baaaaaad guis? :devil:
The Episodes files will be somthing that: I dont need sacriface previus episode "files" to play next?
Sry for my very bad En.
Just like in MM7, we will have a path of Good/Evil theme. We call it Order and Chaos. This will effect the events of the game much more than in MM7, because the factions you side with and the deeds you do will have completely different outcomes. For example, you may decide to defeat an evil warlord and throw him in jail. The warlord breaks out of jail and becomes stronger, and you have to fight him again. On the contrary, you may have the option of killing the warlord on the spot after you defeat him. Your questgiver may be displeased and refuse to continue to give you quests. (This wouldn't happen with main quests of course.) Now lets say the warlord's loyal subjects pay your kingdom a visit, and they get revenge for their master. Basically the idea is that we want the story line to be very open-ended.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 13 Dec 2011, 12:47

When will be relased first part?

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 13 Dec 2011, 17:39

koval321 wrote:When will be relased first part?
It's all on paper until we get 3D modelers.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 14 Dec 2011, 08:23

MMXAlamar wrote:For example, you may decide to defeat an evil warlord and throw him in jail. The warlord breaks out of jail and becomes stronger, and you have to fight him again. On the contrary, you may have the option of killing the warlord on the spot after you defeat him. Your questgiver may be displeased and refuse to continue to give you quests. (This wouldn't happen with main quests of course.) Now lets say the warlord's loyal subjects pay your kingdom a visit, and they get revenge for their master.
Just keep in mind that killing Warlord must also be a viable option. No second fight and no additional quests are both serious losses, so there must be something in case of killing to account for that, like that revenge happening only if you kill him.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”