Might and magic: Dark Messiah, better than earlier titles?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
millionmilesaway
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby millionmilesaway » 09 Apr 2006, 06:51

DaveO wrote:No matter the decision by Ubisoft, it was a lose/lose situation. If they had actually made the decision to go with MM10 instead of Dark Messiah, there would be the inevitable Oblivion comparisons. By not having much(if any) development on MM10, Ubisoft gets a chance to analyze Oblivion's success and determine how that influences MM10. In my opinion, Ubisoft made a better decision by going with the shooter-influenced Dark Messiah since the only fantasy games I know that are based on shooters are Rune and possibly Far Cry(I never bought the game, so I don't know if it is a fantasy game or not).

P.S.- Ubisoft knows the release of other games by other companies, so they made a smart decision in going with a product that has minimal chance of going against a competing product.
Yeah, is this information or speculation? Hope it's more of the first one. Good morning people, I'm kinda tired...the weather here in Gothenburg is gray and cloudy. Tiring.. :ill: Did you guys get a good start this morning?

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 09 Apr 2006, 20:26

First I must say that this is a great conversation, seldom I see that on forums anymore :)
I din't think the matter that the diffirence of DM can bring funs in MnM series, and now that you said that I must agree. But the fear as a rpg fun that the old clasic crpgs are ingnored is big. Imagine that, a big fun of MnM and of crpg genre learn that after so many years a new MnM is going to realese, and finally discovered that we speak about an action game. Great disapointment. And I reapeat not because the DM would be a bad game(and as yous show me a good move for MnM series) but because I did not wait that. This is just a part of a general bad feeling that I have about crpgs.
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 23 Apr 2006, 21:52

well it resembles Oblivion more then any MnM game i ever seen, so i hope this isnt what Ubisoft has in mind with the MnM name (prob bought in the first place cuz of Heroes, not the CRPG.)
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Return to “Might and Magic”