Music in Might and Magic 8

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
CludiS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Music in Might and Magic 8

Unread postby CludiS » 28 Oct 2011, 19:47

Hi. I'm sorry if there was similar topic - i couldnt find it.
My problem is that i want to play Might&Mahic 8 with music in game. I have 2CD version (iso's in my computer - i created it from original copy). I'm playing on Win7 - game is running, but there is no background music ;(. 2nd CD is in CD-ROM. Lately I was playing MM7 (the same method created isos as MM8) - and there was music.
Pls hlp me ;).

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 29 Oct 2011, 03:40

I don't know about using iso's but Grayface's unofficial MM8 patch allows you to make the game recognise MP3 files for ingame music.
You can get the patch here. It also fixes alot of bugs and adds some useful features - you can find a list of changes in the thread I linked.

-- Now, if you have the patch, here's how to get music ingame:

Once you've installed it, start up the game once so that the MM8.ini file is created. From there you can edit some options specific to the patch. Close the game and open the MM8.ini file with a text editor. Make sure "PlayMP3" is set to 1. Don't change anything else for now.

Now, rip the music off your MM8 cd into MP3 files (Windows Media Player should do for this). Next create a music folder in the game directory and paste the music files in there.

Lastly, you need to rename the mp3's. The first one should be called "2.mp3" and the last one "16.mp3", corresponding to the order in which they are played from the cd when you don't have shuffle on (you should be able to just look at the order they appear in in the "now playing" list). Be sure to skip "1.mp3". It's not used.

-- Hope this helped!
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

CludiS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CludiS » 29 Oct 2011, 16:07

You are a GOD !!!! That WORKS!!! Thanks a LOT!! I lost many nerves for this, but now...I can Play ;). THANKS.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 30 Oct 2011, 03:08

You´re welcome man, but don't thank me. Thank Grayface for his patch :D
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Arius83
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arius83 » 06 Nov 2012, 23:18

Macros the Black wrote:You´re welcome man, but don't thank me. Thank Grayface for his patch :D
I bow before Grayface too but I just had to register here to thank you the help. My dream come true tonight :,)

Return to “Might and Magic”