Might and Magiv VI: Item Breaking

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Vejita00
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magiv VI: Item Breaking

Unread postby Vejita00 » 03 Oct 2011, 07:30

Hey Hey
I used to love MM6 but I never beat it and just recently I discovered Greyfaces patch for mouselook and such which was more than enough to get me to pick it up again.
Anyway, I am a ways into the game, approx lvl. 60 and I am wondering if there is any way to avoid all the item breaking that comes up later on.
It is so damn tedious. Every fight takes me like 20 minutes longer than it should because I am constantly repairing equipment only for it to break on every hit from enemies.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 04 Oct 2011, 20:08

It probably depend on which monster you fight with, some have ability to break, for example red ooze destroy armors. It may also depend on item quality, when its cheap probably will break more often.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 04 Oct 2011, 20:18

Nope, no way to avoid that without cheating, since there is no Harden Item in that game. But you could edit the MONSTERS.TXT file and remove the break abilities.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 04 Oct 2011, 20:34

Easiest way to deal with item breaking in mm6 (where problem is somewhat more common than in mm7/8) is simply getting all characters repair skill and get it to some decent level(think most classes if not all could get repair). Considering team is at lvl 60, it shouldn't be that expensive. So even if you get broken thoroughly it will be fast right mouse button hold and slide over inventory.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 05 Oct 2011, 13:48

It has been a long time since I played these, but isn't there a "potion of hardening" you could make that greatly reduced the chance of breakage?
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Oct 2011, 13:57

Not in MM6. It was introduced in MM7.

Return to “Might and Magic”