Might & Magic X: Character Races?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

What playable races would you like to see in M&MX?

Angel
11%
Dark Elf
15%
Dragon
11%
Dwarf
13%
Genie
9%
Goblin
2%
Jackal
5%
Lizardman
15%
Minotaur
4%
Orc / Half-Orc
9%
Sprite
7%

Total votes: 55

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Sep 2011, 18:51

Where's the Leprechaun option, you blistering barnacle?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 28 Sep 2011, 22:29

ThunderTitan wrote:Where's the Leprechaun option, you blistering barnacle?
Lol, can't have em all unfortunately!

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 02 Oct 2011, 09:06

Am vote for Drow (dark elf)

Angel is someone interesting to see in RPG, when used should be also Devil, as archmasters in light dark magic, but they must join team later or have drawbacks to balance game.

Am miss about gothic vampiress from MM8 but they should have own magic path instead of be hybrid magic profession.

Strongly dislike all animal races, am sick about cat elephant etc races from wizardry it was too much of them. Am fan of M&M6 style where was only humans in champions and npc.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Oct 2011, 09:44

MMXAlamar wrote: Lol, can't have em all unfortunately!
That's what someone that's lazy and on welfare would say... B-)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 03 Oct 2011, 14:29

tress wrote:Problem with extremely exotic races IMO from role playing point of view would be why none gives a damn that your team have some sort of "insert monster here" creature with you. As long as team consist of races that inhibit land it's ok. But unless there is large populations of anubis guards that are on friendly terms with rest of land, it's bit of awkward to say least.
Of course MM series never had strong dialogue option and never showed NPC reactions but still.
Some of the most memorable characters in the MM series are the exotic ones, like the dragons. They've become really popular, not just because of their awesome stats, but also just because they're dragons :3. Some people enjoy having animals and humanoid animals in the party; we like bridging certain gaps.

As for the character dialogue, I can write lots and lots of it. And if MMX will allow it, I can write more of it for each character than the plain old two-slot script for each thing the character says.

Portraits and scripts go together like pen and paper. Voice actors are the ones who determine how good the end result is.

WARNING: Potentially boring facts about my writing :D.

I have a friend IRL who went out of her way to find me a publisher for when I eventually finish a story I'm writing (currently just over 50,000 words). She has a Master's w Honors degree in Writing and she told me that I have a bright future.

Dunno if that's important to MMX, but I thought I'd let you know anyway. :3

wasil91
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wasil91 » 03 Oct 2011, 19:21

First - hi all, because I'm new here :D

I voted for Dark Elf, because almost always when I'm playing MM8 I'm choosing one as my main char :P I just can't help it - dunno why :P.

Btw so do you plan to put in game just one race with most votes only or like 3 (or more) winning races ? I think there really should be Dragons, Dwarfs and Minotaurs. Genies and Sprites would be cool too. I know it would be much more work, but game like that would be just epic :D

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 04 Oct 2011, 13:49

How about we use the MM9 model, where you can have a regular party (with none of the really powerful races such as angel, devil, genie, etc.) and then you can hire NPC's to fight for you as well (but you lose out on other abilities NPCs can have), and there could be some very late-game NPCs that are dragons, angels, devils and genies... Depending on what side you aligned yourself with, ofc.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Oct 2011, 15:50

Macros the Black wrote:How about we use the MM9 model, where you can have a regular party (with none of the really powerful races such as angel, devil, genie, etc.) and then you can hire NPC's to fight for you as well (but you lose out on other abilities NPCs can have), and there could be some very late-game NPCs that are dragons, angels, devils and genies... Depending on what side you aligned yourself with, ofc.
That's how we're currently hoping to design this.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Redneckgoverment
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Vote

Unread postby Redneckgoverment » 08 Oct 2011, 04:54

I myself voted for dragon. Because they were very fun to have in M&M8, and because they are just awesome, because they're dragons.
While the more races the better (In my opinion) I agree with the list you have going so far.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 14 Oct 2011, 23:57

Update!

Here's where the player character races stand:

1. Dark Elf, Dwarf, Lizardman - tied for first - (7)
2. Dragon - (6)
3. (Half) Orc - (5)
4. Angel, Genie - (4)

More votes are still welcome!

Mp7
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mp7 » 16 Oct 2011, 12:23

I had to vote for goblins since none did, and being a big m&m7 fan. I think they should be in game because they are different than orcs (you see orcs everywhere, lotr, warcraft, +every rpg possible), giving M&M something more unique.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Races: Revamped

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 03 Dec 2011, 04:44

We have decided to tentatively include the following races:

Human
Elf
Dwarf
Drow
Reptile
Seraph

Thank you for participating in this poll!

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 03 Dec 2011, 06:03

Macros the Black wrote:How about we use the MM9 model, where you can have a regular party (with none of the really powerful races such as angel, devil, genie, etc.) and then you can hire NPC's to fight for you as well (but you lose out on other abilities NPCs can have), and there could be some very late-game NPCs that are dragons, angels, devils and genies... Depending on what side you aligned yourself with, ofc.
In fact, it's MM8 model, not MM9. In MM9 hirelings have special abilities and cannot be reequipped. Their races don't matter, because you never see a corresponding paper dolls.

Return to “Might and Magic”