Might & Magic X: Character Races?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

What playable races would you like to see in M&MX?

Angel
11%
Dark Elf
15%
Dragon
11%
Dwarf
13%
Genie
9%
Goblin
2%
Jackal
5%
Lizardman
15%
Minotaur
4%
Orc / Half-Orc
9%
Sprite
7%

Total votes: 55

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 19 Sep 2011, 06:47

vladimir-maestro wrote:i doubt that varn guardians were on axeoth. we know nothing about varn ships there.
You know nothing. Axeoth was seeded by Ancients as well as other worlds. There's no Goblins on Axeoth as well. But why do you speak about Axeoth?
vladimir-maestro wrote:gazempts
Gezzampts.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Sep 2011, 11:08

tolich wrote:But why do you speak about Axeoth?
Because that's where MMX takes place. The other place, you know, blew up.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 19 Sep 2011, 11:49

Gezzampts are exclusive to Rysh and MM9. MMX doesn't actually take place on Rysh, but there are references to it.

And despite the Reckoning, there are lots of Enrothian survivors.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 19 Sep 2011, 11:53

Corlagon wrote:As for the question, you don't include an option for them, but I would vote for the Kreegans. No reason they shouldn't be populous and even maybe popular in Axeoth, considering they were the only ones willing to help Gauldoth save the planet.
Nah, we won't do that. Sure, low level Kreegan are much less powerful than upper echelon ones, so they could be added as a PC race without being uber overpowered, but the reason there will be no Kreegan as a playable race is their background. They are members of extremely advanced race (the only Kreegans of Axeoth, who came from Fiery Realm and now dwell in Nekross, are nowhere near as advanced, but still are from this race in terms of origin) which is close Ancients and Creators in the sense of its importance to the setting's prehistory. Thus, we prefer to keep them as NPCs. They will be heavily involved in several important points of the story, though.

However, we've been considering adding Demons to the races list in one for or another. They are a colonist race (hence not of the same caliber as Kreegans or Ancients) and have been present on Axeoth at least in Tomb of a Thousand Terrors (or rather in Arslegard, since the tomb isn't on Axeoth per se) and Koressan.

With Sentinels (aka "Jackals" aka "Anubi) we're now also considering keeping them off the PC races list or at least reducing their presence in the party to one unique (and directly plot-related) hireling. BTW, yes, Axeothian Sentinels are from the Tomb of VARN situated in the vast Iyanean desert between Aranorn and Tribal Lands, but unlike their Enrothian counterparts they have been much more involved with the outside world over the course of Axeoth's history as a seeded world (which is far longer than Enroth's), albeit now they are more isolated.

P.S. I'm going to post the list of all currently planned and considered races here in a few days, with remarks on how each race will be presented.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 19 Sep 2011, 14:03

Ok, then I vote Genies.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 19 Sep 2011, 14:17

DWARF!!!
You must always have a dwarf on your team or else your screwed. They are the most important characters to be able to play in any fantasy game.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 19 Sep 2011, 15:13

Torur wrote:DWARF!!!
You must always have a dwarf on your team or else your screwed. They are the most important characters to be able to play in any fantasy game.
Dwarves weren't playable in MM 6 and 8, and both these games are pretty damn good :) (well, except the former, which is not good, but excellent)
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 19 Sep 2011, 15:50

XEL II wrote:
Torur wrote:DWARF!!!
Dwarves weren't playable in MM 6 and 8, and both these games are pretty damn good :) (well, except the former, which is not good, but excellent)
Well for that fact only Humans could be used in MM6, as Half-Orc, Dwarf, Gnome and Elf were unavailable in MM6 so were the classes of Robber, Ninja, Barbarian and Ranger.

PicturesOfLily
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might & Magic X: Character Races?

Unread postby PicturesOfLily » 19 Sep 2011, 15:54

Lizardmen!! Always wanted to play with or/as a lizardman. Shouldnt be hard to implement - I mean genies don't have any shoes. Even if I like the idea of genies i think its best to keep as simple as possible.
Oh, I love dwarves. They are a must have - but...well no but I just hope for them to be playable. Anubis or jackal or whatever the name for them are seems really interesting too.

Sorry for my spelling misstakes and gramar and such and all that jibber jabber...i'm a bit drunk.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 19 Sep 2011, 17:25

tolich wrote:
vladimir-maestro wrote:i doubt that varn guardians were on axeoth. we know nothing about varn ships there.
You know nothing. Axeoth was seeded by Ancients as well as other worlds. There's no Goblins on Axeoth as well. But why do you speak about Axeoth?
vladimir-maestro wrote:gazempts
Gezzampts.
i know everything but you are not ready to hear the truth and i have to cheat you by the mask of sillyness B-)

BTW: goblins ARE on exeoth! take care to replay H4 gathering the storm - goblin knights were there!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

skinothetis1
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby skinothetis1 » 20 Sep 2011, 01:39

I would have voted demons if there was an option.
You have nowhere to run Sheltem. Nore do you!You motherf$#(*@ device!!

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 20 Sep 2011, 16:41

I also have to mention that I prefer Dark Evles over Elves :P

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 20 Sep 2011, 16:59

To update the character races, here is the current standing according to the highest vote totals:

Mandatory Races
-Human
-Elf

Elected Races
-Lizardman (5)
-Dark Elf (4)
-Dwarf (4)
-Angel (3)
-Dragon (3)

Added Potential Races
-Devil

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Sep 2011, 18:42

MMXAlamar wrote:To update the character races, here is the current standing according to the highest vote totals:

Mandatory Races
-Human
-Elf

Elected Races
-Lizardman (5)
-Dark Elf (4)
-Dwarf (4)
-Angel (3)
-Dragon (3)

Added Potential Races
-Devil
will they all fit all together? i remember that ifrit hated jinn...so angel + devil in one group, making one single jorney - strange!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 20 Sep 2011, 18:51

vladimir-maestro wrote:
MMXAlamar wrote:To update the character races, here is the current standing according to the highest vote totals:

Mandatory Races
-Human
-Elf

Elected Races
-Lizardman (5)
-Dark Elf (4)
-Dwarf (4)
-Angel (3)
-Dragon (3)

Added Potential Races
-Devil
will they all fit all together? i remember that ifrit hated jinn...so angel + devil in one group, making one single jorney - strange!
Didn't stop elves and dwarves from travelling together, or goblins and elves in MM7, or clerics and necromancers in MM8. Not to mention any other clases and/or species/subspecies in any of the MM games. If those can, then I'm pretty sure even angels and devils can suck it up and deal with their differences.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 20 Sep 2011, 21:34

I was just thinking about the genies - they don't seem too popular right now on the poll. If they do become popular, there might be the possibility of creating an Efreet player character.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 20 Sep 2011, 22:06

Genie and efreet may belong to the same race, and differ only in alignment: lawful jinn will become genie, while chaotic one will become efreet.
The same about angels and devils (Angela Davis :D).

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 21 Sep 2011, 09:09

I voted for the Angel because they are such wonderful beings, and I have always admired them since childhood.
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 21 Sep 2011, 10:33

Devils in the potential races section are not Kreegan, I suppose.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Sep 2011, 10:43

tolich wrote:Genie and efreet may belong to the same race, and differ only in alignment: lawful jinn will become genie, while chaotic one will become efreet.
The same about angels and devils (Angela Davis :D).
*crossing fingers* Genies, genies, genies, genies...
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Might and Magic”