Might and Magic Tribute - Update

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Might and Magic Tribute - Update

Unread postby Asomath » 18 Aug 2011, 02:15

Hey There!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Asomath, and I do freelance work for many game-based fan projects, and help use production resources to polish games. I’ve been an avid fan of the Might and Magic series, and have always hoped to see a new stand-alone fan project completed. For the past 5 years, I’ve been follow MMT project, and I joined the fan-project about 2 Years ago, with more noticeable work within the past year. I’ve also have been doing a bit of layout work for the MMX fan project.

Now to the announcement. Many of you know of the MMT fan project, and a group of you have likely contributed to the project at some point or another. You also should know that Ribannah is the project lead and has been for over 6 years now.

As contact with Rib stopped about early May, we (The members of the Castle Gobs forum) believe that she has likely decided to take significant (or permanent) time off for life and other means. As such, participation on the project cannot continue via forums, as she was the only one with validation privileges.

As such, we have decided to set up a temporary “Free Forum” to be the home of MMT project discussion until Rib has returned to validate users or time has beckoned for other means of action.

I implore all fans of the MMT project or anyone who desire to contribute to this project to create an account at these new forums here:
http://mmtribute.forumotion.com/

The forums will be updated and organized as time permits.
Cheers,
~Asomath

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 18 Aug 2011, 13:37

Whoa there, what do you mean contact with Ribannah has stopped? Did you try emailing her? She posts almost every day at the CivFanatics forums.

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 18 Aug 2011, 16:47

*gasp* A hostile takeover!?

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 18 Aug 2011, 17:45

Great idea! It's really hard to start a new forum though. Traffic won't happen easily unless you have something unique posted there, such as never before released game footage or screen shots.

You might want to sign up to CivFanatics and sent her a PM just to make sure she hasn't changed her email or something. Might as well try to find out what's up!

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 18 Aug 2011, 21:54

Hey, nice to hear that is still interest at this project.
No offense, I thought it was abandoned, i hope more
will join you of the old team and more new ones with skills
will help you, can't wait to see where this will lead... ;)
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 18 Aug 2011, 22:06

Ah thanks guys! Ill check it out, see whats up.

If you look at the CG forums, Ribannah hasnt posted within the last 5 or 6 months. She hasnt replied to PM's or E-mails after early may, and hasnt replied to "where's rib' discussions. Also forum validation kind of stopped, so members that COULD have been useful expired and turned their eyes elsewhere. NO new news can be posted or website front-page updates.

Rib plays a key-role in the management of MMT.

~Asomath

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 18 Aug 2011, 22:20

This is sad as I recall she took over because the previous leader (name escapes me at the moment) stop communicating without warning.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 18 Aug 2011, 22:32

Sir Felgar :P

~Asomath

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 19 Aug 2011, 15:56

i stopped hoping for MMT some 4 years ago.

looks like it was for the best too, since nothing has really come of it over a 6 years period.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Aug 2011, 17:20

I often had the feeling that the scope of the various M&M fan-made projects was too ambitious for the size of the community. The project owners became the victims of their own enthusiasm. But I remain confident that someday we will get to see another great mod.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 Aug 2011, 23:31

Angelspit wrote:I often had the feeling that the scope of the various M&M fan-made projects was too ambitious for the size of the community. The project owners became the victims of their own enthusiasm. But I remain confident that someday we will get to see another great mod.
Sadly far too many fan projects have fallen to that malady. The other weakness is most of these projects are internet formed groups. You don't really know who you are working with, so if someone drops out then is it because they are very ill or died, no longer has access to the net (hard to believe) or just got bored and disappeared? :cantsee: You are at the mercey of everyone staying commited. That is why BDJ's iron deadlines were essential in finishing the TCC. If someone dropped out he had a backup plan and the skills to implement it. Fortunately our project moved so quickly that did not become much of an issue.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 24 Aug 2011, 20:23

jeff wrote:
Angelspit wrote:I often had the feeling that the scope of the various M&M fan-made projects was too ambitious for the size of the community. The project owners became the victims of their own enthusiasm. But I remain confident that someday we will get to see another great mod.
Sadly far too many fan projects have fallen to that malady. The other weakness is most of these projects are internet formed groups. You don't really know who you are working with, so if someone drops out then is it because they are very ill or died, no longer has access to the net (hard to believe) or just got bored and disappeared? :cantsee: You are at the mercey of everyone staying commited. That is why BDJ's iron deadlines were essential in finishing the TCC. If someone dropped out he had a backup plan and the skills to implement it. Fortunately our project moved so quickly that did not become much of an issue.
see? that guy knows the game, iron deadlines and fascism is the key to getting games out.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 24 Aug 2011, 21:54

Talin_Trollbane wrote:
see? that guy knows the game, iron deadlines and fascism is the key to getting games out.
I don't know if that was a compliment or a shot. If it was the first you're right, if it was the second then save it until one of the large fan project finishes as it would imply how little you understood my comments.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 24 Aug 2011, 22:45

Talin_Trollbane wrote:see? that guy knows the game, iron deadlines and fascism is the key to getting games out.
Wait, BDJ is actually Lord Ironfist in disguise? :D

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 25 Aug 2011, 10:46

Lord Ironfist wasn't fascist :)
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 25 Aug 2011, 12:27

David Mullich? 8|

Asomath
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Asomath » 27 Aug 2011, 13:53

UPDATE

Well, were trudging along here again. Currently were working on converting must of our current resources to UDK, and consolodating them into an actual game, rather than just having them floating around on the web. We'll be working on getting another MMT demo out. Until then, I still encourage people to watch the forums, register, ask questions if your curious about somthing, and help if you desire to!

~Asomath

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Aug 2011, 19:54

UDK, awesome. Unreal Engine is where I started coding and all, so it's nice to hear, but it will take some more time to port things for you...

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 30 Aug 2011, 09:54

So MMT is wholly going into Unreal engine?
Just asking - what were main problems against home made engines? As I saw video's last one looked quite nice.

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 30 Aug 2011, 10:54

I really, really, really hope you're not whoring out to graphiXXX...

Return to “Might and Magic”