MM8 bow skill bug

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Double_Trouble
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM8 bow skill bug

Unread postby Double_Trouble » 07 Jul 2011, 15:50

Hi there, so I was wondering if there was a bug in MM8 concerning bow skill and recovery time. I did notice this while playing solo dark elf and increasing his bow skill, while the recovery time stayed the same. Then i played a little with MM8CHE and increasing the bow skill to grandmaster 63. And the recovery stayed the same... I tried it out, and it really shoots real slow.
So far, I'm using grayface's patch. Any other patch that could fix this? Oh and I tried this with another party, and its still the same which sucks big time.. :)

edit: recovery time does change if I use haste swift bow or whatever.. Just the bow skill makes no change.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Re: MM8 bow skill bug

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 07 Jul 2011, 18:01

Double_Trouble wrote:Hi there, so I was wondering if there was a bug in MM8 concerning bow skill and recovery time. I did notice this while playing solo dark elf and increasing his bow skill, while the recovery time stayed the same. Then i played a little with MM8CHE and increasing the bow skill to grandmaster 63. And the recovery stayed the same... I tried it out, and it really shoots real slow.
So far, I'm using grayface's patch. Any other patch that could fix this? Oh and I tried this with another party, and its still the same which sucks big time.. :)

edit: recovery time does change if I use haste swift bow or whatever.. Just the bow skill makes no change.
Grayface fixed this bug a few months ago, I tested it thoroughly and it works fine, guess he still hasn't uploaded the lastest on his website yet?

This affected not just Bow, but Axe and Sword as well.

Double_Trouble
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Double_Trouble » 07 Jul 2011, 19:57

http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm

If you mean this site, then I have the latest version from there (1.4). Where did you get the fixed version from? Any link possible or just wait for Grayface to put it on his site?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 07 Jul 2011, 20:06

Grayface probably is still trying to fix that issue with constant Prismatic Light on the screen.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Jul 2011, 23:28

tolich wrote:Grayface probably is still trying to fix that issue with constant Prismatic Light on the screen.
... as well as the issue with Expert Sword and Expert Axe failing to reduce recovery time as they claim to. Only Armsmaster works in that regard.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 11 Jul 2011, 03:27

Xfing wrote:
tolich wrote:Grayface probably is still trying to fix that issue with constant Prismatic Light on the screen.
... as well as the issue with Expert Sword and Expert Axe failing to reduce recovery time as they claim to. Only Armsmaster works in that regard.
He did fix it, but apparently he sent the patch only to me?

It's a standalone dll that is installed on top of his 1.4 patch.

Here it is.

http://pages.infinit.net/plague/MM8patch.dll

Double_Trouble
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Double_Trouble » 11 Jul 2011, 16:11

Superb! Thanks a lot! ;)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 11 Jul 2011, 17:22

Wow, that's fantastic! How do you install it?

Double_Trouble
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Double_Trouble » 11 Jul 2011, 19:41

I just copied it to my MM8 directory and it worked.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Jul 2011, 03:24

One thing about this dll. When the new version of patch is out, prior to installing it you should delete Data\MouseLookCursor.bmp the dll may have created (depending on version that I've sent).
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 14 Jul 2011, 17:15

gourav wrote:When the new version of patch is out, prior to installing it you...
The patchedskij it out newij versionja before to s installingskij you Richard Pryorskom? Da?

Return to “Might and Magic”