Some MM4/5 Questions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 10 Jul 2011, 14:24

uploaded to public site == shared

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Jul 2011, 07:41

Told about being uploaded to public site == shared. As is 'shared his experience'.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 11 Jul 2011, 09:41

Ah, my, is it possible to be modest with these people? :D

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 12 Jul 2011, 07:59

tolich nice find anyway... Xeen Studio is a nice program...

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 03 Aug 2011, 11:16

Agalloch wrote:The main developer behind Xeen Studio - WizardStan from the Darkside board at Gamespot for those who visit it - maintains a Wiki for all the internals of Xeen already at http://xeen.wikia.com/wiki/Xeen_Wiki. The existence of this Wiki is the reason I've never added technical details to our own Wiki, but can add details from my own Notes (a little more extensive) if you want the Celestial Heavens wiki to be complete?
I guess I totally overlooked this post - my apologies.
If you're still interested, I'd be delighted to have any technical notes, although it's best if they're relevant to the scope of gameplay (i.e. monster stats and parameters which aren't in the manual) - not how-to guides or info on file extraction or anything to do with mods.

I think WizardStan was here at some point - he deserves huge kudos for the Studio, it is great. Do you know by any chance whether he is planning to add compatibility for MM3's CC files? There's an abundance of great stuff in that game which is essential for any decent MM series guide.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 13 Sep 2011, 18:39

I wonder if anyone has started a topic on how things work in the earlier Might and Magic games... like how random items are generated etc...

What causes enemies to act twice when items are used outside of combat and why top tier bows do not spawn at all. (Obsidian bows mostly)

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Enchant Item in MM4 - 5

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 14 Sep 2011, 15:37

Is it just me or does Enchant Items effectiveness increase after you have used the spell several times enchanting equipment...

Most I remember getting though is Emerald equipment from it, but I wonder can you get Diamond or Obsidian rank equipment using it over and over?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Sep 2011, 20:24

The effectiveness is entirely dependent on your level. So if you learn it early, you will end up making everything you enchant leather or wood, making them absolutely useless, but on high levels you will be able to get really powerful enchantments.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Is it possible to mod Might and Magic 4/5 to remove...

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 16 Sep 2011, 08:24

I have always wondered if it might be possible to remove Metal enchantments from Accessories and remove Attributes from Weapons and Armor (possibly replacing them with more chances to get higher Metal enchantments/Attribute Enchantments and/or adding a few more Element enchantments for those elements that have 3 or 5 Elemental enchantments for that element)

fizzymitsu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fizzymitsu » 23 Sep 2011, 20:47

The Xeen Studio is nice, its cool to see the NPC faces and stuff but... is there a way to edit these files? I want to swap in some NPC faces for Character portraits but I can't figure out how... I found some .CC file unpacker but I couldn't find the face files in the mess of files it unpacked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Might and Magic”