MM3 What does the delay setting do?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Integrater
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM3 What does the delay setting do?

Unread postby Integrater » 27 Jun 2011, 12:00

Hi, what does the delay setting do? It is by default at 5. I do get a little lag cos im playing through dosbox on an old laptop so this setting might be useful to me if only I knew what it did.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 27 Jun 2011, 16:59

It increases delay between actions and messages(if i remember correctly) like attacks. It was useful in times when pc might be too fast and you had to lower speed in order to see anything. As you have dosbox, you can set it;s speed manually so delay setting should be set on level that just makes for convenient play, or if you get tired of game pace you can speed it up by changing setting.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 28 Jun 2011, 01:06

I actually have that problem in MM1 where the screens go by way too fast and I can't see any of the actions or anything. Is there a way to alter the delay in MM1 as well?

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 28 Jun 2011, 10:21

MMXAlamar wrote:I actually have that problem in MM1 where the screens go by way too fast and I can't see any of the actions or anything. Is there a way to alter the delay in MM1 as well?
Download the latest dosbox.

Decrease the cycles to around 900.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 28 Jun 2011, 10:35

900 is way too overkill. I run it on 350. And yes, there is delay in there as well (in combat, press 'd' and number), but the game forgets the setting after another launch (or maybe even battle), so I don't use it at all.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 28 Jun 2011, 12:19

MMXAlamar wrote:I actually have that problem in MM1 where the screens go by way too fast and I can't see any of the actions or anything. Is there a way to alter the delay in MM1 as well?
You should be able to deliberately gimp pc speed by lowering performance of dos box. Just do cntrl+f11/12 till you get comfortable game play.
Also I think mm1 had built in option to change delay in combat by pressing D button.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 28 Jun 2011, 16:48

I used 1 for comfortable play sometimes. :)

Return to “Might and Magic”