Map of the MM6-8 planet

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Map of the MM6-8 planet

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 16 Jun 2011, 20:41

Has anyone ever made a realistic map -- no, I don't mean just slapping outlines of the supposed "continents" on a white background -- of the planet of MM6-8? I've seen many threads of discussion of making maps, info and so on...but never a real map.

I'm currently working on a map for a project of my own -- inspired and influenced by MM no less :) -- and I've been kind of itching to having a go at the MM planet...unless it's already been done.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 16 Jun 2011, 21:16

you can see whole enroth at the begining of mm6 intro...
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 16 Jun 2011, 21:22

vladimir-maestro wrote:you can see whole enroth at the begining of mm6 intro...
Yes, that's what got me interested in a map of the planet...all those years ago :) It's also what I've used as the main reference for my rough drafts.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 16 Jun 2011, 22:45

XEL II's map is as accurate as they get, but it's in Russian only:

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 16 Jun 2011, 23:26

Hmm, I see Enroth (upper left), Jadame (upper right), and what looks like it says "Antagarich" (lower right).

What about Erathia?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 16 Jun 2011, 23:31

BMJedi wrote:Hmm, I see Enroth (upper left), Jadame (upper right), and what looks like it says "Antagarich" (lower right).

What about Erathia?
Erathia is on Antagarich.

Also, from what I've read, Enroth is supposed to be northwest of Antagarich, and Jadame northeast of Antagarich. Regna is also supposed to be very close to the equator.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 17 Jun 2011, 02:51

BMJedi wrote:What about Erathia?
hatsforclowns wrote:Erathia is on Antagarich.
More over, 'Erathia' is an alias of 'Antagarich'.
It's like 'America' is an alias of 'USA', though direction isn't the same.
hatsforclowns wrote:Also, from what I've read, Enroth is supposed to be northwest of Antagarich, and Jadame northeast of Antagarich. Regna is also supposed to be very close to the equator.
Ironfists' fleet have been interceped on their way from Antagarich to Enroth, so Jadame must be somewhere in between.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 17 Jun 2011, 04:37

Corlagon wrote:XEL II's map is as accurate as they get, but it's in Russian only:
It's a map by izrukvruki. AFAIR, it moves Antagarich a bit closer to other continents than it should be in order to make it fit well within the image, or something like that.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Jun 2011, 05:29

Also Enroth is the biggest continent from these three - I would say 2x - 3x bigger then Antagarich and you have a lot of islands between Enroth, Jadame and Antagarich.
There is also Karigor South-East of Enroth.

But if you only want to know general locations of HoMM/MM continents, lands and realms, this map show them with great accuracy.

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 17 Jun 2011, 09:23

tolich wrote:
hatsforclowns wrote:Also, from what I've read, Enroth is supposed to be northwest of Antagarich, and Jadame northeast of Antagarich. Regna is also supposed to be very close to the equator.
Ironfists' fleet have been interceped on their way from Antagarich to Enroth, so Jadame must be somewhere in between.
Can't remember where I found this:

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 17 Jun 2011, 09:36

GrayFace wrote:
Corlagon wrote:XEL II's map is as accurate as they get, but it's in Russian only:
It's a map by izrukvruki. AFAIR, it moves Antagarich a bit closer to other continents than it should be in order to make it fit well within the image, or something like that.
I was responsible for its planning with continents' locations, etc.

Yes, "Antagarich" is another name for the continent of Erathia, which is also the name of the continent's largest kingdom.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 17 Jun 2011, 09:37

hatsforclowns wrote:
tolich wrote:
Can't remember where I found this:

That map is nonsense (I've seen it before), it contradicts all the canonical lore there is about Enroth's geography.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 17 Jun 2011, 10:13

XEL II wrote:That map is nonsense (I've seen it before), it contradicts all the canonical lore there is about Enroth's geography.
Such as...?

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 17 Jun 2011, 10:22

Regna is northwest to Antagarich. Enroth is west to Regna. Jadame is not far to the north from Regne. That makes impossible for Antagarich to be located southwest to Regna and Kadame as shown on this map. Also, Antagarich is 6-8 weeks of sea travel from Enroth, so it is much farer from Enroth that on this map.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 17 Jun 2011, 10:32

Personally I'd put all the three continents pretty much side-by-side. Enroth has Snowcap and Dragonsands, so it should span quite an area. Same with Antagarich, there is Vori and there is the Bracada Desert. Jadame didn't have much in terms of snow, though, so I'd put it lower than the others. And when they sailed from Enroth to Antagarich and back, they probably left from the south of the continents, thus running into the problem of sailing either through the top of Jadame or the bottom of it. Thus I'd say that Enroth and Anagarich should be places in the same height, while Jadame should take around half the size and only occupy the lower part.

I'm not sure about the size between Antagarich and Enroth, though. To me, they both look pretty much the same size.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 17 Jun 2011, 10:42

Enroth is the largest continent on the planet. Antagarich is the second major.

Enroth is located in northern hemisphere, Antagarich is mostly in the southern (as north as Steadwick). They are located pretty far from each other.

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 17 Jun 2011, 11:20

GreatEmerald wrote:Personally I'd put all the three continents pretty much side-by-side. Enroth has Snowcap and Dragonsands, so it should span quite an area. Same with Antagarich, there is Vori and there is the Bracada Desert. Jadame didn't have much in terms of snow, though, so I'd put it lower than the others. And when they sailed from Enroth to Antagarich and back, they probably left from the south of the continents, thus running into the problem of sailing either through the top of Jadame or the bottom of it. Thus I'd say that Enroth and Anagarich should be places in the same height, while Jadame should take around half the size and only occupy the lower part.

I'm not sure about the size between Antagarich and Enroth, though. To me, they both look pretty much the same size.
But isn't Vori's "icyness" due to the effects of the Sword of Frost?

And the snow in Bracada are due to high elevation of the mountains. Bracada and it's desert is probably quite south, similar to the cape of South America, but maybe reaching even further south into colder weather and less precipitation. Or something like that...

Also, in the MM6 intro you can see that Enroth is maybe around 80-85° high, and maybe up to 90-110° wide, so it's pretty big. If we consider it to be an Earth-like planet, the climate zones are pretty good! From the Frozen Highlands in the north with sparce or ample precipitation in all seasons, to Dragonsand that is dry in all seasons, with partially wet seasons above and below. Even the "marshiness" of the Mire of the Damned which would have abundant precipitation in all seasons! :)

The Mire of the Damned peninsula is also the portion of the Enrothian landmass that reaches the farthest, very close to the equator.

Also, didn't they sail from Antagarich to Enroth from Tidewater? It would make sense in terms of wind and ocean currents; up the western coast of Antagarich and past Vori, up towards the equator where you would sail west and then up as you near the Enrothian coast, and probably land somewhere near New Sorpigal or Castle Ironfist.

Maybe not so bad, bad what about sources?

But it would mean that Antagarich is actually pretty close to Enroth. Going from New Sorpigal up and across, down the Jadamean coast and then along the equator towards Antagarich would undoubtedly bring you into Regnan territory. Along the southern coast of Enroth and then down down with the warm current to and maybe towards the Tularean Forest?
Last edited by hatsforclowns on 17 Jun 2011, 11:51, edited 4 times in total.

InvisibleTerror
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby InvisibleTerror » 17 Jun 2011, 11:42

An english version of the russian map:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22 ... td5kn.jpg/

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 17 Jun 2011, 11:52

Also, in MM8 it says:
Indeed, when they arrived the council already had a task waiting for them. Elgar Fellmoon explained. "We have been contacted via magical means by the royal court of Enroth—I refer of course, to Roland and Catherine Ironfist, King and Queen of the lands over the eastern sea. They are on a boat to Jadame with aims of joining us. Unfortunately, they find themselves blocked by the Regnan Pirate fleet."

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 17 Jun 2011, 12:52

Yes, but it also clearly says Regna is northwest of Antagarich in Heroes III prerelease material.

Return to “Might and Magic”