MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Swish3rTwist3r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction

Unread postby Swish3rTwist3r » 01 Sep 2020, 19:50

Is this mod ded? Hoping that's not the case but no communication for 4 years I'm guessing so.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 30 Jun 2021, 12:04

If anyone is interested, I asked on M&M discord about this mod and Grayface said that "this mod is currently on hold", but (I think) it's not forgotten about. So we just need to wait some more.
Last edited by Eksekk on 30 Jun 2021, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Kendarion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kendarion » 13 Jan 2022, 14:38

Any update yet?

Karol
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Karol » 29 Mar 2022, 19:39

bump

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 30 Mar 2022, 17:01

OK, for anyone wondering, here's a recent Maestro's post on Russian MM forums where he states that Echo turned out to be overly ambitious and he's not working on it anymore. A pity, but at this point it's evident.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 01 Apr 2022, 08:39

yes. sadly but mm8,5 stopped for now and will not be released in the nearest future. i'll keep you up-to-date if something changes
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 01 Apr 2022, 13:23

Sigh. I really wish I got into modding MM 5-10 years earlier, when Echo was still actively developed and I could've made a difference. While MM8 is the weakest game of the trilogy, as a basis for a total conversion mod it's objectively superior to MM6 and MM7 -- the upgraded engine is an obvious plus, but the dynamic party system alone has so much potential! Instead of a four-headed party hydra, we could have PCs with actual personalities, quirks, opinions on game events, perhaps even side-quests and intra-party conflicts? You know, the stuff that's expected from a good RPG nowadays. Vanilla MM8 hadn't really tried this, except for three PCs with quests (two of which coincidentally break the game), but it certainly would be possible to implement.

Return to “Might and Magic”