MM8 - can't find Sandro

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

MM8 - can't find Sandro

Unread postby BMJedi » 11 Jun 2011, 18:22

Hi, I can't find Sandro in the Necromancer's Guild in Shadowspire.

It looks like he ought to be in what looks like the central throne room doors, but the guards deny entry.

I can't even find out what he wants for an alliance. I think I'm going to ally with the Church anyway, but I at least wanted to talk to Sandro first.

I just watched a video of some guy's playthrough on YouTube, and that guy couldn't find him either.

What's going on with this?

Thanks.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Re: MM8 - can't find Sandro

Unread postby tolich » 11 Jun 2011, 18:31

BMJedi wrote:It looks like he ought to be in what looks like the central throne room doors, but the guards deny entry.
No, he isn't. In fact he is in one of side towers. Use elevator to reach him.

The central door leads to the Skeleton Transformer. You cannot get there unless you really want to ally the Clerics.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 11 Jun 2011, 19:39

Yes, it's hard to see the elevator switch the first time you enter that dungeon, but those empty circular rooms are actually lifts.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 11 Jun 2011, 22:40

Okay, I found it, thanks.

The problem is that you have to turn around and look into the hallway from inside the lift, and if you're trying to explore quickly, you'll run in and out of there and not ever see the buttons.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 13 Jun 2011, 03:02

First - You can only talk with Sandro and kill him. he want his heart. (You can repeat killing any times as You like to experience Your party.
Second - You must go to underfloor and search his heart. there are any level-rising and killer "potions".
Third - speak again with Sandro. he will give You "The Key of Sandro Tomb(?)" (Cloud Side. Southern) - it's his home. bonus Dungeon.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 13 Jun 2011, 05:18

Mn wrote:First - You can only talk with Sandro and kill him. he want his heart. (You can repeat killing any times as You like to experience Your party.
Second - You must go to underfloor and search his heart. there are any level-rising and killer "potions".
Third - speak again with Sandro. he will give You "The Key of Sandro Tomb(?)" (Cloud Side. Southern) - it's his home. bonus Dungeon.
Boy, it's MM8, not WoX. :D

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 13 Jun 2011, 21:43

Lol that's pretty funny - another reference to crossover characters! Was Sandro a necromancer or a lich in MM5?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 13 Jun 2011, 23:12

Yes, he was indeed.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 14 Jun 2011, 00:52

Ah, I was about to ask Mn what in the world he was talking about, but you other two guys explained it.

@Mn, thanks for trying to help me. However, I was just trying to find Sandro as a quest-giver in MM8, and what I was missing was an elevator button.

I actually wound up finding my answer at YouTube by watching a video - interestingly, that guy couldn't find it either in his first visit to the Necromancer's Guild (about video 25 out of 100 or so).

He actually shows the button in video 38 or so, and I think HE had to consult an online guide to figure it out! :D

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Jun 2011, 05:05

Corlagon wrote:Yes, he was indeed.
i think that it was another sandro... many of MM chars appears in early MM series... but i really doubt that they were themsrlves...or all of them can travel from terra to xeen and enroth?

just remember resurectra + kastor from mm3, terra...and they were in mm7.

or lloyd from mm2...it is looks like his beacon were created in all colony worlds at the same time...

maybe it was developers features, to use the same charecters in different worlds without descriptions of their jornyes...
...or allthat different world got alot of similar lines in their development in which the same charecters with similar names appears and play their roles - like a kind of parallel worlds.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 15 Jun 2011, 22:13

Well the MM3 guys are certainly the same people in MM7. But they're among the only ones who travelled between worlds. For instance it's not the same Sandro in both MM5 and Heroes. I'm sure somebody will find a way to disagree with that though. :P

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 16 Jun 2011, 11:18

MM3/7 guys are definitely same as that is explicitly stated during mm7. Why they renamed thief and why tolberti/robert is inconsistent with mercs of fontains head(i suppose they are meant those guys) is beyond me.
For instance it's not the same Sandro in both MM5 and Heroes. I'm sure somebody will find a way to disagree with that though.
I have seen people who tried to prove that with foam on a mouth. Worst part he, like you, collected mm lore, and had reputation as local mm lore master.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 16 Jun 2011, 11:35

tress wrote:Why they renamed thief.
If you mean Dark Shade, then he is Robber, and he didn't change his name.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 16 Jun 2011, 14:30

There's Sandro the Necromancer and Sandro the Lich from Heroes, and Sandro from MM5. A curious combination.

There are actually people named Sandro too :P

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 16 Jun 2011, 14:48

MMXAlamar wrote:There's Sandro the Necromancer and Sandro the Lich from Heroes, and Sandro from MM5. A curious combination.

Maybe the original Sandro was so famous and powerful, he became almost a demi-god, and evil necromancer wannabe parents among the people started naming their babies after him. :hoo:

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 16 Jun 2011, 16:30

MMXAlamar wrote:There's Sandro the Necromancer and Sandro the Lich from Heroes, and Sandro from MM5. A curious combination.

Yes, in fact, name 'Sando' (short for 'Alexandro') is very popular in Italy and in Georgia.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 17 Jun 2011, 09:33

Actually, nothing with Robert the Wise and Tolberti is inconsistent. Archer from Fountain Head is called Allan Bow, "Bow" is previously a nickname (for his excellent archer skills), so that makes "Tolberti" his surname, making his full name Allan Tolberti.

Sort of same with Robert. "The Wise" is a nickname, so his full name would be Robert Fineous.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 17 Jun 2011, 09:42

tress wrote:
For instance it's not the same Sandro in both MM5 and Heroes. I'm sure somebody will find a way to disagree with that though.
I have seen people who tried to prove that with foam on a mouth. Worst part he, like you, collected mm lore, and had reputation as local mm lore master.
Those two Sandros are clearly not the same person.

The Xeenian Sandro is XEEN's most powerful spellcaster and was kind of the "overseer" of XEEN (from Dungeon of Death).

The Enrothian one Warlock-turned-lich former student of Ethric, the Wizard from Bracada, who learned Necromancy during his time with Ethric, then ran away and became the Necromancer and Lich.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 17 Jun 2011, 14:21

XEL II wrote:Actually, nothing with Robert the Wise and Tolberti is inconsistent. Archer from Fountain Head is called Allan Bow, "Bow" is previously a nickname (for his excellent archer skills), so that makes "Tolberti" his surname, making his full name Allan Tolberti.

Sort of same with Robert. "The Wise" is a nickname, so his full name would be Robert Fineous.
Pretty cool explanation! That explains why I don't remember Robert the Wise and Tolberti form MM3...I know of course where they got Robert Wise from, but I wonder where NWC got the name Tolberti?

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 17 Jun 2011, 17:28

MMXAlamar wrote:That explains why I don't remember Robert the Wise and Tolberti form MM3
They are hirelings in the Forty Winks inn (where you start the game) and are referred ti in-game as Allan Bow and Robert the Wise. They look exactly the same as they do in MM VII.

Return to “Might and Magic”