Replaying Might and Magic VII (Finally Beat MM7)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Which Might and Magic game do you like better?

MM6
44%
MM7
56%

Total votes: 43

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 18 May 2012, 02:08

MM6 had much bigger and better designed dungeons and a more complete storyline, but MM7 had plot tie-ins with the old storyline, better skill system, and multiple endings.

MM3 is excellent and you should get around to finishing it if you have played 6 and 7 a lot. There are a lot of tie ins with the main plot in MM7 after you make The Choice.

MM2 is much more difficult to do for the first time due among other things the weak cartography skill, lack of spell names in game, and graphics engine (played it a few times, but no where near as many as 3-8).

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=10959

Scroll down and a 5 day completion is posted. I believe this is the record for time. Mathematically you can't finish the game in less than 5 days anyway (Travel to Castle Ironfist, Kriegspire, Eel Infested Waters, Sweet Water, Mire of the Damned).

I've done it under 2 months without even focusing on speed (including all quests done), but could easily cut at least half that off if I was trying to max out my final score.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 18 May 2012, 06:43

Arret wrote:Mathematically you can't finish the game in less than 5 days anyway (Travel to Castle Ironfist, Kriegspire, Eel Infested Waters, Sweet Water, Mire of the Damned).
You can reach the Castle Ironfist through the Spiral's teleporter in the Shadow Guild (it costs 5 food).

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 May 2012, 04:18

I really should pay more attention when I link something :D
Beacon back to Anthony Stone in White Cap. Fly to Shadow Guild. Get to teleporter.
- Teleport to Castle Ironfist (East = Shadow Guild Hideout).

Return to “Might and Magic”