Might & Magic 10 - Goals for May 2011

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Might & Magic 10 - Goals for May 2011

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 01 May 2011, 20:57

The following is a list of our project goals for the month of May, 2011:

M&M10 Project Status: Project Goals for May 2011
-Launch a new interactive website for MMX
-Redesign the MMX forums at the Gaming Universe
-Begin developing a brand new game engine based on open source software/applications
-Develop the storyline, quests, and areas/locations
-Begin development on a brand new, highly tactical AI system
-Hire new developers for writing, art, and programming
-Begin releasing concept art and new graphics

Here is a link to the original post: http://www.thegaminguniverse.org/forum/ ... ic=40738.0

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 01 May 2011, 21:54

Good luck with all that. :P

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 01 May 2011, 22:28

Did you ever get Vector those descriptions?

Corlagon, I hope you graduate soon so you can help write the story!

Bowerbank
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bowerbank » 02 May 2011, 22:22

Great, hope all the luck is with you. I wish I could be a help with programming but no idea on the language used, graduate university next month and I would imagine my programming skills would not be up to scratch just yet.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 03 May 2011, 01:49

Bowerbank wrote:Great, hope all the luck is with you. I wish I could be a help with programming but no idea on the language used, graduate university next month and I would imagine my programming skills would not be up to scratch just yet.
We should know the programming language of the new engine by June at the latest. I have heard that our lead programmer has already begun designing the new engine! It's only a basic one though :P

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 May 2011, 12:15

Doesn't sound very good to me... If the engine you'll use as the base already has tools to make maps, then it's ok.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 10 May 2011, 13:13

Redesign everything = years of delay
btw am in or am out?

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 11 May 2011, 03:13

GrayFace wrote:Doesn't sound very good to me... If the engine you'll use as the base already has tools to make maps, then it's ok.
The new engine is already in the very basic preliminary stages. Our lead programmer is working on it, and he will have enough time to get a head start on completing many aspects of it by June and July. We will certainly find the tools we need. I'm not really sure what the mapmaking system is that we're going to use, though.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 11 May 2011, 10:08

koval321 wrote:Redesign everything = years of delay
btw am in or am out?
yes, ive seen it happen ALOT with remake projects, the "OMGWTFBBQ we got this totally kewl new engine that will make things totally easier expect finished game release next fall + DLCS!!!!" mindset.

i now almost expect you to give up some 2-3 years down the line and call it quits.

remember MMT.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 11 May 2011, 18:54

Sigh...so many non believers. :disagree:

Daerandin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daerandin » 11 May 2011, 19:03

Had forgotten that I had an account here, though I don't think I've ever been active on the forums. Been a long time lurker though, and played all MM and Heroes games.

Anyway, the MMX project is the single most exciting project I know of. The Might and Magic series of games is my all time favorite. I just don't get tired of these games. There is nothing I am looking more forward to than this.

I am actually currently in a sort of project myself to play through the entire series, never played the first five MM games before but started recently. Gotten to WOX now, doing an article for each game as well and it is my hope that maybe MMX is done by the time I get that far. Will definitely write an article about that too when I've played it through.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 11 May 2011, 19:06

MMXAlamar wrote:Sigh...so many non believers. :disagree:
You know what you need to do, prove them wrong!
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 12 May 2011, 00:59

Daerandin wrote:I am actually currently in a sort of project myself to play through the entire series, never played the first five MM games before but started recently. Gotten to WOX now, doing an article for each game as well and it is my hope that maybe MMX is done by the time I get that far. Will definitely write an article about that too when I've played it through.
That sounds pretty cool! You should post the articles on CH when you're done :)
Angelspit wrote:You know what you need to do, prove them wrong!
Will do Angelspit! :proud:

Daerandin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daerandin » 12 May 2011, 18:07

MMXAlamar wrote:That sounds pretty cool! You should post the articles on CH when you're done :)
Actually I've already written articles for MM1 and MM2. The plan is to write one for each game, although progress may be slow. Anyone interested may read the articles here: http://www.isleofthought.com/article/122 for MM1 and http://www.isleofthought.com/article/150 for MM2. The website is still under a year old, no mentionable amount of visits yet so it may seem slow. Hoping that will change at some point.

I have several thought of volunteering for the MMX project, however I lack programming skills. Besides, I got enough work on my own with writing for my website in addition to having a full time job while also attempting to keep up with my gaming hobby. However, I do wish you guys the best with the project and I for one am excited like a kid about it.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 18 May 2011, 18:03

Angelspit wrote:
MMXAlamar wrote:Sigh...so many non believers. :disagree:
You know what you need to do, prove them wrong!
yes.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Return to “Might and Magic”