TCC Walk Through

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
jeff

TCC Walk Through

Unread postby jeff » 01 May 2011, 20:03

For those of you who have been asking for a walk through; BDJ and I have reteamed to write one for the first part of the TCC. We are just in the preliminary stages and real world requirements will slow its completion, but we hope to have it done by midsummer. For those that can’t wait, BDJ has posted over 200 screenshots we will be using as a reference. They are detailed enough to answer most questions. BDJ is still adding pictures to this file. So below is his announcement he posted on the TELP forum.

BDJ writes:
Hey all,
Checkout the link for a 'photo' walkthrough of The Chaos Conspiracy.
Enjoy!
BDJ

Related link: http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs#0t0751i4ipe5j,1
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 01 May 2011, 20:55

Wow, Cool! That must have been a lot of work!

Glad to hear from you BDJ! :D

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 01 May 2011, 22:58

Recently I went trough a review of many walkthroughts for MM6 and in my opinion this one is the best: http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/New.Worl ... 1/mm6.html

Maybe you can ask the author the permission to use the same template for your work, because I think it can speed up your work very much! You get the maps and many interesting points already marked, weapons/objects tables and much more needing only new descriptions.

I'll be glad if I can help too a little with this work, I've been making for myself a list of altars for pilgrimage and of master teachers.
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 02 May 2011, 02:36

Ah yes, the J Pike version of the MM6 guide on The Spoiler. Brings back a lot of memories...!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 02 May 2011, 22:19

unknownone wrote:Recently I went trough a review of many walkthroughts for MM6 and in my opinion this one is the best: http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/New.Worl ... 1/mm6.html

I'll be glad if I can help too a little with this work, I've been making for myself a list of altars for pilgrimage and of master teachers.
First I will not turn down any help you wish to offer. Things like the lists you are creating are the type of help I will need. BDJ is of course the source of knowledge when it comes to the TCC, and he is right now the primary editor, correcting my mistakes and omissions. I suspect he will become a full coauthor of the project now that he has completed his run through. For myself I have stopped all of my other game projects (mainly an H-IV campaign) until this is done.

The website you listed was actually my primary reference when I was writing the quests and story elements for the TCC. The maps there could well make their way into the walk through. This will ultimately be a PDF file and not an online guide, but many aspects of the site are a good guide. There will be several screenshots, which in itself is causing problems when we email each other the various drafts as with only the first story line quest mapped out the word document was over 5mb. Unfortunately we have to use word as both of us need to be able to edit what is sent. Minor issues though with easy workarounds.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 02 May 2011, 23:06

Gotta love what you guys have done with the post-production of TCC! There is certainly a lot of blood and sweat being put into a great M&M fan game.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 04 May 2011, 15:25

I can help you making a list of teachers for each skill and a list for pilgrimages. I can also adjust the interesting points on the maps as done in Jpike's guide. I can send you all this in the guide's formatting or in whichever format you prefer. Do you need those lists?
By the way did you try to use googledocs to work concurrently on the same document?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 May 2011, 21:18

unknownone wrote:I can help you making a list of teachers for each skill and a list for pilgrimages. I can also adjust the interesting points on the maps as done in Jpike's guide. I can send you all this in the guide's formatting or in whichever format you prefer. Do you need those lists?
By the way did you try to use googledocs to work concurrently on the same document?
You can send me anything you can do; mostly the lists. Jpike's format is fine, as we are early enough to use most any format. Any list you send will probably end up in the walkthrough in one form or another, as neither of us are putting the lists together as yet, but I am uncertain which ones Jim may have. Right now BDJ is doing the maps and let's see what we may need afterward. As far as googledocs, no we haven't as yet but may look into that if the file sizes become too large to deal with. The pacing right now is pretty much dictated by me. As I have time to write a small section I send it to Jim, he fixes the errors or omissions and so on. We are happy with the pace right now as I am very busy closing out the school year and Jim, well he's retired. :D

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 07 May 2011, 20:06

BDJ has now post a PDF file that has all the region maps of the TCC. They mark the locations of all the trainers. It can be found through the link in my original post.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 08 May 2011, 11:04

jeff wrote:BDJ has now post a PDF file that has all the region maps of the TCC. They mark the locations of all the trainers. It can be found through the link in my original post.
Sorry but I didn't find this pdf. In which folder is it?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 May 2011, 11:36

Good question, I see only piles of pictures. Where is the pdf file stuffed?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 08 May 2011, 15:37

Sorry I forgot to mention at that link if you click on the "Back to Previous Folder link" it will take you to the pdf file. :)

Or use the link below. :D
http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs#hs6nrooefjdbc,1

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 08 May 2011, 17:32

Ah it's the "TCC part1 maps.pdf". I didn't look into it because I didn't notice it was updated.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 12 May 2011, 23:18

How can I send you the html version?
I've updated many things, but still much to do on the maps.
Trainers locations and pilgrimage should be done. Trainers names, costs and requirements are not.
Glacier's End, Serenity, Far Reaches and Norseland maps should be updated, on Norseland there should be more interesting points than BJD has marked, for example the second shrine and the ex Demon Outpost.
I've tried to rename all the locations and magic guild's names.

Return to “Might and Magic”