My favorite bug, gone. :(

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Dx Bunee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

My favorite bug, gone. :(

Unread postby Dx Bunee » 30 Apr 2011, 02:37

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but with the latest patch I got, you can no longer put spells like meteor shower on quick spell and put a mouse on say a dragon and have the meteor shower fall on the dragon. It used to be like that, at least with the old patch we had years ago. I miss it :(

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 30 Apr 2011, 06:44

Are you speaking of Grayface's Patch?

Dx Bunee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dx Bunee » 30 Apr 2011, 06:47

Indeed. If thats why that is im probably going to ditch it then. I'm sure i can find a better patch.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 30 Apr 2011, 09:04

Which version are you playing? What edition of Grayface's patch? Which might and magic game is it?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 30 Apr 2011, 12:40

Dx Bunee wrote:Indeed. If thats why that is im probably going to ditch it then. I'm sure i can find a better patch.
I'm sure you can't. Consider the amount of upgrades the patch provides (looping music, stable game, better graphics, etc etc) before saying "screw it".

Dx Bunee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dx Bunee » 30 Apr 2011, 15:54

@rune_caster: I believe it was the latest version, I got linked to it on my other Might and Magic thread. I'm currently playing MM6.

@Corlagon, I'm not worried about that. Maybe the better graphics, but like with the music, I could just use my iPod, pandora ect. I really wanna have that old bug-thing back. Thats how I always made my millions. I'm willing to sacrifice to have that back.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 30 Apr 2011, 19:29

You can still disable it in the patch by adding this to mm6.ini:

Code: Select all

[Disable]
Hook75 = 1
I haven't tested if the number is correct. However I'd suggest casting it within reachable range and having an interesting combat. You would still be able to kill them on low levels, dodging their shots.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 30 Apr 2011, 20:07

True if you are out of range Meteor Shower and Starburst will cast but nothing will happen (as you are out of range of the targeted monster(s))

How difficult would it be to have Meteor Shower and Starburst give a out of range error when casting them on a quick spell? (or just having it cast by cross hairs like it should have been implemented in the original releases of Might and Magic 6-8)

Dx Bunee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dx Bunee » 30 Apr 2011, 21:08

Thats what ive been doing with stuff in bootleg bay, but i having it so i dont have to be in combat. I know its kinda cheating, but thats how i make my real money once i get high enough spell level to go fight dragons and such, but once i get blasters i'll probably end up fighting stuff that way. I attempted to edit the patch, but its saying access denied?

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 01 May 2011, 02:40

So Meteor Shower and Starburst is casting I.E. Your Magic points are getting deducted, are you sure your close enough to the enemy?

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 21 May 2011, 18:07

There was also that bug where if you purchased all the skills a character can use at say, Blades' End, you can keep clicking on the text, and you can learn all the otherwise unavailable skills. Sorcerer + Dual sword = win.

Return to “Might and Magic”