Might and Magic 6 on windows 7

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 20 Aug 2011, 06:21

No, because all scrolls are one-time. All of them! That's why they are scrolls and not wands!

Xanamas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Well then

Unread postby Xanamas » 20 Aug 2011, 21:22

Maybe I'm just on crack or something but I distinctly remember playing through the entire game, along with my sister, and her dad who have all had scrolls such as fireball and dragonsbreath that are not and have never been a one time use only thing. So either I'm on crack there on crack, orrr we have a funky download or you all have sniffed glue doing your warhammer in your basements too much. So I will search out help elsewhere where people actually know what there talking about and have actually played the game.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 20 Aug 2011, 21:40

I would say you are indeed on crack. Scrolls are and always have definitely been one-use only items. Further, I believe everyone here has played MM6 at least once, or at least that's the impression I've been under for the past few years. The glue-sniffing possibility I can't comment definitively on though. :P

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 21 Aug 2011, 02:23

ctually he is correct; in the original NWC version of the game (even in the official NWC patched version, I think), scrolls had unlimited uses. But this was definitely a bug.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 21 Aug 2011, 03:05

Corlagon wrote:I would say you are indeed on crack.
To be featured in the future on "Excerpts of famous quotations from esteemed Might and Magic scholars" :D

Xanamas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Huh

Unread postby Xanamas » 21 Aug 2011, 08:38

Well then I officially have the most bitchin bug possible unlimited Fireball not as a magic spell but a scroll, Totally kick frickin but xD but seriously that's screwed can anyone find me a download of that old version where they didn't fix that bug. Would be extremely appreciated.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Aug 2011, 08:45

Just add a wand of fireballs with an inventory editor if you're so eager to cheat.

Xanamas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

???

Unread postby Xanamas » 21 Aug 2011, 08:51

A what of a who, I just want to be able to use scrolls over and over has no one developed a cheat for that? Wands are so totally lame.. so anyone know how I can cheat and get unlimited use from scrolls? Or find a download where they didn't fix the bug? Also what is a Item editor??

PS I apologize for the glue sniffing comment. It appears I've been sniffing my Gundam marker a bit too much xDDD

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 21 Aug 2011, 12:55

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:ctually he is correct; in the original NWC version of the game (even in the official NWC patched version, I think), scrolls had unlimited uses. But this was definitely a bug.
Weird, I just tried my (unpatched) copy and scrolls work only once before evaporating. But I run from a Sold Out Software version so it's probably patched up a bit. Sorry if true, I haven't played 1.0 in years and don't remember scrolls working in any other manner :S
MMXAlamar wrote:To be featured in the future on "Excerpts of famous quotations from esteemed Might and Magic scholars" :D
*slinks away quietly*

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: ???

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Aug 2011, 13:33

Yes, almost any change of my patch can be disabled. Add this to mm6.ini:
[Disable]
Hook33=1
Xanamas wrote:Also what is a Item editor??
MM6View/MM7View/...
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Re: ???

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 22 Aug 2011, 00:53

GrayFace wrote:Yes, almost any change of my patch can be disabled. Add this to mm6.ini:
[Disable]
Hook33=1
Xanamas wrote:Also what is a Item editor??
MM6View/MM7View/...
So it is possible to disable the error you get when you try and use a scroll on a character that is not active, and have scrolls work like potions anyone can use one, it just considers the character who is active (turn based) turn used and the scroll vanishes after used?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 22 Aug 2011, 04:03

I would say you're enabling the error when disabling the hook.

Return to “Might and Magic”