Ultimate MM7 party

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Ultimate MM7 party

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 19:44

And just remembered it - armour for Cleric - leather or chain? Royal leather of health +22 hp or artefact governor armour?

Thanks a lot mate 4 your assistance!

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 19:49

I just got war trident of darkness shall i keep it?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 31 Dec 2015, 20:14

Chain until really late, around the time you get blasters.

Yes, darkness is great for a knight spear.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 31 Dec 2015, 20:17

Use Governor's armor for sure. You will find good leather by the time you need it.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 20:42

I got pretty good drops but im holding out for wallece. There are also two other artefact swords names i cannot remember for one hand use.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 22:33

There are many elemental dmg types on weapon - of infernos, of thunderbolts, of ice, of acid. I know of darkness is to be kept, but what about other types of additional dmg? what to keep - ice fire or electric?

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 22:51

Aside from wallace is it worthwhile to try to get iron feather and puck?
Charele goes without saying.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 31 Dec 2015, 23:21

Puck is good, but not too much better than a champion sword of ice. Iron feather I thought was 2h, which is a no.

All the enchants have a range. 3-18, 1-6, 3-12, etc.
Take the average value of the range.
There are 3 tiers, one around 3.5, one around 7, and one around 10.5. Anything from the third tier is a good weapon such as Thunderbolts, Ice, Inferno. Lightning damage is probably the best, but the difference is negligible.

Of acid/venom is higher damage (+5, +10, +15) but does body damage which works on a lot less.

If you can get of the dragon, take it (10-20 fire and +25 might).

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 23:36

I got one of the dragon with my deleted AAAC party :(

Now I have 2x regnan cutlass of Ice, 1 regnan cutlass of thunderbolts, so all 3 from tier 3.

I also have war trident of darkness and sublime spear of infernos, so alos tier 3 :)

I have one of acid but i will sell it.

Now Im trying to get Wallace. if i get it i move to second dragon for Charele. and items of light and of body as my cleric only has of spirit atm.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 01 Jan 2016, 11:50

Cool. Just got Charele and Ring of Light Magic :)

But Charele doesnt have ny special properties...

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 01 Jan 2016, 17:17

Ok, Im again on the fence as to what pieces of equipment to keep:
- helmet with +20 speed or + 8 armsmaster?
- plate with +24 armour or with +7 armsmaster?

I know gloves can also bewith armsmaster but atm I dont have such.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 01 Jan 2016, 19:53

Charele doesn't have magical properties because it doesn't need them. The +hit and +damage is insane.

Armsmaster
Armsmaster

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 01 Jan 2016, 20:00

Without enchant item, just take whatever you can get with armsmaster. You can enchant up to 17 at GM, but natural drops only go to 11. Even at level 1 the skill reduces recovery time, so it is far from useless there. At GM each skill rank is -2 recovery, +2 hit, and +2 damage, so a +8 armsmaster item is -16 recovery, +16 hit, and +16 damage. The only problem is GM armsmaster is in Eeofol (Land of the Giants) but even at master you can see how powerful it gets.

My knight build is usually
Sword 7 -> Spear 7 -> Armsmaster 7 -> Plate 10 -> Armsmaster 10 -> Body Building 10 -> Dump everything else in armsmaster the rest of the game.

If you already have armsmaster items you might consider getting it before spear, but either way works.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 01 Jan 2016, 20:59

So far the Emerald island dragon dropped (multilooting while watching Euronews ;) ):

- plate with +12 armsmaster (!)
- gloves with +12 armsmaster (!)
- crown with +8 armsmaster
- helmet with +7 armsmaster

Unfortunately these do not stack so only the highest value has effect :(

I wander if artefact + item stack, Wallace + gloves for example.

So basically I will try to get Wallace from emerald island dragon and I need ring of body magic - atm I only have of light and of spirit.

Btw, my friend just started a 4 x P party. 1st with max spirit, second with high body, 3rd and 4th all GM mace - atm still multilooting emerald island dragon. I wander what his party will look like later with all this paralyze.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 01 Jan 2016, 21:51

Wallace is supposed to stack.

He will have problems with healing early, but will be very strong until very late. Get sword master first. With PPPP I would advise a gate master and a wind master probably all game. You can kill anything that moves outside of the tunnels to Eeofol and the Pit, but will spend a ton of the game getting there.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 01 Jan 2016, 22:23

Is it possible that the Emerald island dragon stops giving artefacts / relics? Justice, sevenleague boots, and other staff were often drops but for last 2 session half hour each no artefacts / relics. and earlier i would see lots of them. The toon to loot him has 62 luck btw.

We are still looting the dragon. I just got ring of body magic so my friend got really jealous :)

unfortunately he cannot speak any english so i will serve as an interpreter if he happens to have some questions / issues.

Ok - thanks - i will tell him aabout it.

Now back to looting for several minutes (till the end of a movie) and maybe move on to tatalia dragon as emerald island creature seems to be broken ;)

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 01 Jan 2016, 22:27

it just hit me - maybe the dragon has a limited number of artefacts / relics it drops. I sold 5 or 6 artefacts / relics while multilooting...and back to cavern to loot some more?

or maybe i just ran out of luck...

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 01 Jan 2016, 22:34

There's a hard cap of 13 artifacts/relics in the game (don't ask why), but not to a specific monster that I'm aware of. You shouldn't have reached it with the Emerald Isle dragon, but it always seems the drop rate goes down as you get more.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 01 Jan 2016, 22:35

Btw, I only have 4 atm - charele, yoruba, ania sleving, governor armour. I sold several but I do not think they count towards the limit of artefacts you can have at a time, or the game does treat sold items as if you have them? does it mean no more artefact drops from corpses? no Wallace...

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 01 Jan 2016, 22:37

or his drop rate just suddenly went down? should try to squeeze some more out of him or move to Tatalia?

Btw, with sold artefacts / relics it could be 13 altogehter but im not sure...

Return to “Might and Magic”