MM 7 fresh start

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Holly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM 7 fresh start

Unread postby Holly » 07 Mar 2011, 13:56

No matter what new games I play, I always come back to the beginnings. Anyway, I just started a new game with this party comp: Paladin, Monk, Druid, Sorcerer. Just got off from Emerald Isles, but I am not satisfied with said party. Can someone suggest an interesting party mix? I don't know if it matters, but I will side with Archibald. Thanks for any answers :)

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 07 Mar 2011, 16:15

It's highly depends of what do you call interesting.
Lord Haart wrote:I give anyone who wants a free idea: complete MM7 for the Dark Side with four goblin monks.
Necessarily call them Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo.
To make things harder (the monks in MM7 are tough themselves, though not as tough as Dragons in MM8) limit their weapons. Leonardo wields swords (and develop this skill, and Armsmastery). Rafael uses daggers. Donatello uses staff, but focused on non-combat (Disarm Traps, Preception, Thievery) and magic (first aid kit) skills. Michelangelo, in the absence of nunchaku, uses clubs. And no blasters, of course.

Holly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holly » 07 Mar 2011, 17:55

Certainly not playing with 4 characters of the same class, just ain't my thing. Would it be terrible if I go without a cleric? I kind off think it would, but could be wrong though. Also, does monk benefit from dodge if you have cape or boots, or do you need to be all but butt naked? :D

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 07 Mar 2011, 20:08

You can have everything that is not covered by other skills, which is leather, chain, plate and shield. That means you can have a cloak, a belt, a helmet, boots, gauntlets, amulets.

Holly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holly » 09 Mar 2011, 10:36

Gone with Monk, Archer, Ranger and Sorcerer. I think things will be tough. Most healing will have to come from alchemy. Wish me luck!

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 09 Mar 2011, 11:21

Imo biggest problem with team will be absence of GM prot from magic. You will have to heavily rethink strategy against mobs such as minotaurs(like abuse of para, still tolberti will give you hell imo) and so on.

Holly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holly » 11 Mar 2011, 16:43

Yeah, things didn't pan out well. I didn't like the balance of the party that much.
Why is it that going the light path seems like a way better option? All those protection spells are great. What can dark really offer to compensate?

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 11 Mar 2011, 18:06

Sharpmetal for one, that is pretty much destroys anything in close range.
Pain reflection is quite nice. Toxic cloud is quite mundane but it is very good nuke. Dragons breath is one of most powerful small area aoe. Souldrinker pretty much devastates outdoors and heals team so it have stuff to show for, but I still like light more.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Mar 2011, 18:41

Well, the protections spells are largely useless since they only cast normal spells on you, save for Day of the Gods. Paralysis, on the other hand, is probably the most deadly spell ever.

Holly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holly » 12 Mar 2011, 14:07

Light saves a lot of time casting protection spells, doesn't it? I agree, paralysis is just awesome spell to have.

I am sticking with both priest and sorcerer. Grand Masteries in elemental and body, spirit and mind magic is just too good to pass up. Although I did have great fun mixing black potions with my warlock during the time when there was no lich jar fix :D

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 05 Jul 2011, 07:51

Actually any team that contains a cleric and a sorcerer can be treated as a challenge-less team. The fun begins when you remove one or both. Right now I'm playing a Paladin/Archer/Ranger/Druid party, and it's really fun, though I haven't yet faced the one-hit-kill monsters, duh

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 05 Jul 2011, 16:52

Holly wrote:Although I did have great fun mixing black potions with my warlock during the time when there was no lich jar fix :D
I do want potion of Lloyd's Beacon! :)

Return to “Might and Magic”