Might & Magic 8 - Balthazar Lair

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Might & Magic 8 - Balthazar Lair

Unread postby Blake » 16 Mar 2006, 09:25

Hi guys,

I've been well overdue to get my new account setup since the move but I've finally got off my butt and here I am! ;)

I've got a strange problem with Balthazar's Lair. I've killed all the sea creatures and have flicked all the switches in the correct order and have flicked the finale switch which triggers the video of the water escaping and the Minotaurs becoming free. I’ve visited the minotaur king and he has thanked me for saving them and Thanys the minotaur who gave me the quest to fix up the place has thanked me and became a hero waiting to be hired in the adventurers inn. Now according to walkthroughs I’ve read this is all that needs to be done, the city should come alive allowing me to meet people and get quests and teachers etc.. but this hasn’t happened.. the place is still deserted. Have I cleared out the place too early in the game? Is there something I’m meant to do first before coming here like joining an alliance or something (I’ve got no allegiance to anyone at this point)? Or is there a step I’ve missed during in the cleanout?

According to the walkthroughs I’ve done everything needed so I’m very confused.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 16 Mar 2006, 09:36

You could try to either rest in the Lair, or go out of it and back in. Then it should come alive. If it doesn't, you probably need to get the Alliance quest first.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 16 Mar 2006, 13:59

Desserted? As you mean the houses are still flooded? Well, it's natural. It's not a bug either.

There's one part that needs to be done before the whole place dries up, but I can't remember what. HodgePodge knows about this, it was her who help me when I had this problem.
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 16 Mar 2006, 14:23

Nevermind I've found the solution written somewhere by HP:

First, you'll need to get the 'Balthazar's Axe'. I can't remember where but you got to find it. Once you got it, you'll need to bring it to Dardeross in Dagger Wound Island. He'll give you a cert and bring it back to the Minotaur King. He then will tell that he's hungry and want some cheese, so bring him the 3 cheese you find in Temple of Eep. If you don't have it, wait till next year, and it'll respawn again. Once you got the cheese, he says he's full now and want you to do a lap dance for him. Once you got that done, you'll have to fix all the broken houses and patch up the leaks with Bethemoths dung. Then you'll have to wear a cow costume and sing the 'Llama Song' outside Balthazar's Lair till you see Donald Trump doing cart wheels all over Ravenshore. by then it'll be long enough for the minotaurs to wander back to their homes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll have to get the Alliance quest first before all the houses dries up. Find Bastian Loudrin in Alvar and he'll tell you to find 3 allies. Go back to Balthazar's Lair and talk to the Minotaur King. Once he joins the alliance, the houses are back. Good Luck!! ;)

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 17 Mar 2006, 13:08

Ahh thats what I figured, but I thought I'd double check as I was worried I triggered a bug.

I'm doing the lake of fire quest for him at the moment so I guess I'll just have to wait for all the goodies that the lair's residents will give me.. ;)

Thanks guys!

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 19 Mar 2006, 03:37

Good Luck then. The gogs are much weaker than the tritons you killed in the lair, this wouldn't be too hard for you.

Happy hunting. ;)

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby starlady11 » 24 Apr 2006, 22:02

a55a55in wrote:Desserted? As you mean the houses are still flooded? Well, it's natural. It's not a bug either.

There's one part that needs to be done before the whole place dries up, but I can't remember what. HodgePodge knows about this, it was her who help me when I had this problem.
hodgepodge is a love ,she has the as. hiiiiiiii
patty :D

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Might & Magic 8 - Balthazar Lair

Unread postby HodgePodge » 25 Apr 2006, 17:03

Blake wrote:Hi guys,

I've got a strange problem with Balthazar's Lair. Or is there a step I’ve missed during in the cleanout?

According to the walkthroughs I’ve done everything needed so I’m very confused.
You'll need to first get the Alliance Quest from Bastian Loudrin at the Merchant Guild in Alvar. He gives you that quest after you do the "Find the Witness" quest for him. Once you receive the "Alliance Quest" go back to Balthazar's Lair and all the shops will be open & the place cleaned up.

Good Luck & Have Fun! :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Might and Magic”