Swords of Xeen

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

The Might and Magic serie best games ever?

YES!
70%
NO
30%

Total votes: 10

janlovemybanan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Swords of Xeen

Unread postby janlovemybanan » 15 Mar 2006, 23:31

When I was 12 I got my hands on a copy of Swords of Xeen. I didn´t realize at that moment that this would be the best game I have ever played. The turnbased system, the crisp graphics, great quests and the list goes on :)
I still look for a new game that would compare with swords but I always get tired of them after a hour or so. Ok heroes of might and magic 2 was another masterpiece but swords had so much more. Anyone else feel the same? or am I alone heh.
I read somewhere that it was made by two fans of the m&m series that hacked it, Is there any other mods out there or was this the only one? Would be great to start making your own m&m worlds ;)

- Arvid.
(sorry for the English, being Swedish+tired...)
SSSSSWORDS!

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 16 Mar 2006, 00:38

I'll admit that Swords of Xeen is by far the hardest Might and Magic title I played to completion. Unfortunately, you can tell the title was not professionally designed due to bugs, map balance issues, and other design flaws. It's a passable title, but don't expect the same thing compared to MM3 and Xeen.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Jeska
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jeska » 02 Apr 2006, 19:42

Swords of Xeen was tough, buggy but really enjoyable in my opinion. :)

I'd really like to grab the game editor Cat Interactive used to make this game using MM4/5 engine and make my own mods with it. Does that exist ? I wish ! :-D

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 02 Apr 2006, 20:53

Yes it's the best game ever. Else they are making a tribute to MM here... once it gets out, 2 - 5 years :S , it'll be pretty damned good.

http://www.castlegobs.nl/forums/

Jeska
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jeska » 09 Apr 2006, 13:23

I'm looking forward this tribute project, but they will use a new MM 6 to 9 based game engine. :)

What I am looking for is a MM 3 to 5 type engine to create my own worlds using this old but wonderful engine.

Jo Li KMC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jo Li KMC » 27 May 2006, 10:34

Sorry to revive such an old topic, but rather than start a new one, I figured this would be as good a place to type this as any.

Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen is a fun game overall, but it's just a little bit too non-linear, not to mention just a wee bit on the painfully-hard side.(What other game sends you off to kill a Giant that's attacking the town while you're still in the single-digit levels?) I've yet to complete it, as I'm spending most of my time just wandering around the map, dazed and confused as to what my next objective is.(I'm outside of some techno tower last I played.) But I digress.

Here's a fun glitch that this freelance team probably never got around to ironing out. If you're ever stuck, running out of food, need more equipment, or otherwise just feel homesick, ask Mr. Wizard for help. Instead of teleporting you to the City of Hart like he should, he'll instead teleport you into GreyHaven where you can buy Ambrosia for your packs, weapons and armor, and a number of basic spells(if you need them). Just thought I'd mention that.
I'm not that hard to find… if you know where to look.
-=( https://jolikmc.tumblr.com )=-

Formerly "Doc Lithius" – Changed on Nov. 19, 2022

Return to “Might and Magic”