Will MM3,4 and 5 play on XP ???

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
TrevElvis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Will MM3,4 and 5 play on XP ???

Unread postby TrevElvis » 15 Mar 2006, 16:21

I have heard that these games are worth playing so put a bid in on Ebay for them but then realized that I am on XP and will they work. I hope so as otherwise I have wasted that money unless someone outbids me that is ????

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 15 Mar 2006, 16:32

I recently ran World of Xeen on XP. I had some minor sound issues, but otherwise they worked great. Ditto for MM1 and 2 actually.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

TrevElvis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TrevElvis » 15 Mar 2006, 17:31

The only one you didnt mention is MM3 is that ok do you know ???

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 15 Mar 2006, 17:45

I never tried MM3 on XP. It runs a very similar engine to the one that is used for 4 and 5, though, so I suspect it will work. You may have to use a program like dosbox, though. Actually I think dosbox comes with the game.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 15 Mar 2006, 20:36

TrevElvis wrote:The only one you didnt mention is MM3 is that ok do you know ???

Check topic out ( http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... .php?t=857 ) for stuff out running mm3-5 on XP. I had soem intial trouble but then it worked awesome.
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

DaveO
Demon
Demon

XP for the older M&M games

Unread postby DaveO » 16 Mar 2006, 00:32

I've been able to run MM3 and Xeen using Dosbox without problems. If you're wanting to purchase the games that much, don't let your fears overrule your decision. Expect to spend a month or two on MM3 and Xeen at a minimum.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Return to “Might and Magic”