How big are MM1 to MM5 ???

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
TrevElvis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

How big are MM1 to MM5 ???

Unread postby TrevElvis » 15 Mar 2006, 10:22

I have only ever played VI to IX as thought 1 to 5 would be not as good but people have been saying MM4 and MM5 are really good , so decided to have a look around for some to buy. I have found someone selling MM6 with MM1 to MM5 included on the CD. ARe they that small that they can fit on the same disc. Also how further back in gameplay and graphics does MM5 go compared to MM6 ??????

xeroid16
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xeroid16 » 15 Mar 2006, 13:38

I'm playing mm5 right now. yes they are small in comparison to the newer games. Designers now days don't have to worry much about the amount of storage space. They get kinda sloppy when programming as far as the amount of memory used. Gigabyte drives arent that old. The graphics in MM6 are better than MM4 & MM5. The world of Xeen takes less than 40M yes that is megabytes. If you buy them you may have to do some tweeking with the memory settings under properties of the main program. World of Xeen, which is MM4 & MM5 and some bonus material could be completed in a weekend pretty easy. I really enjoy going back and playing old games sometimes. I tried playing MM1 & MM2 but it takes sooooo long to play because of the slowness of gameplay with each turn. You have to press the enter key each time you attack and there may be hundreds of monsters. The graphics arent real good but with MM3 they do get a lot better and I enjoy playing MM3. Hope this info helps.

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 15 Mar 2006, 16:49

they are really small in terms of space disk (or CD)..but they are really huge worlds with lots of exploration and quests and side quests...

I'm rigt now finishind MM5.. but I'm stuck cause my MM4 (WoX CD1) is ruined and can't enter ellinger's tower that uses the other CD :ill: but there is still a lot of stuff to do...

Return to “Might and Magic”