Wox2 - DEMO IS AVAILABLE ! (only RUS language)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 10 Mar 2011, 14:40

tolich wrote:
Larik wrote:In MM mobs does not respawn if player go out from current location...
Actually, in MM1-5 locations were refilled every time the party enters them. In MM3-5, you're to destroy monsters' dwellings to completely clean them.

Also, in MM6-9 mobs respawn when the player ENTERS a location. :)
Actually in MM 6-9, mobs respawn every X time in game time (the time frame differs in different games, though I want to say 6 months). Most treasures also respawn in that time.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 10 Mar 2011, 15:20

The spawn rate in Might and Magic 6 is different per area. Some areas are 6 months, some are actually more.

Also, this new Trailer looks very good, well done.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 10 Mar 2011, 15:44

Glad to see that WOX 2 team finally have something tangible to show. Was sort of following them even before mm9 came out. They had some tech demo 8 or so years back but imo it was inferior to first sir felgars one(at least way less polished and didnt showed as much). Still glad they still kicking, even though they went through quite rough times, lack of programmers ,changing leadership etc.
Still I am little skeptical of it due to large ambitions they set, that realistically cant be met with such project imo, also at least earlier(not sure if anything is changed since public forum is very inactive and site is down for years) they had too much un MM ideas, that sort of kills idea of recreating mm game(like abolishing class system, introducing TES style skills, etc).
Also story premise(at least previously) sounded controversial to say least still willing to give it a chance. After all for past years they share less with non-team community as other mm fan projects so not sure on actual project image atm.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 11 Mar 2011, 02:10

Larik wrote:There is no Xeen in this project, its dev name. It will be on Vori.
Ohh that's right. Sounds pretty good to me! :D

manoose47
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby manoose47 » 15 Apr 2011, 16:12

that video was amazo! bravo! im so enthusiastic now that im terrfied of the projject not being completed!.....

just like when i saw stunning leaked footage of a certain SWrs game only to find out it'd been cancelled

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 22 Apr 2011, 13:05

its anice video, but all ive seen sofar is real-time combat, no turn-based option?

btw, you got a link to the webpage? i seem to have lost mine..
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

AlexYeCu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AlexYeCu » 15 May 2011, 20:02

Talin_Trollbane wrote:its anice video, but all ive seen sofar is real-time combat, no turn-based option?
Turn-based mode is under construction.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 18 May 2011, 18:07

also, no paper-dolls?

AlexYeCu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AlexYeCu » 19 May 2011, 19:45

Talin_Trollbane wrote:also, no paper-dolls?
Unfortunately no. We just have no 2d artist for this work. All inventory made for the current variant: no doll, only slots. It was hard decision, but it was the only possible for that time and for now.

As for the turn-based battles, we think about making real-time mode enabled or disabled (we do not want to get a 'cheating' mode), but the turn-based battles will be presented anyway.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 22 May 2011, 20:14

also, i have posted news about this game on the RPG Codex, here:

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... 49#1653549

since you have gathered alot of interest, you could join up and post about the project there.

do be prepared that they are a rough bunch, but if you can handle everyday social strife/life you will survive just fine there.

fester
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fester » 22 May 2011, 23:16

Some month ago i had i playable demo of this. I cant remember exactly where I dug it up. But if I recall right it was a russian page. Even perhaps a own subforum sort of. So if this hav´nt changed and you can put up with a russian interface that is fairly selfexplanatory for a mm:er, the truth is out there... :D

AlexYeCu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AlexYeCu » 25 May 2011, 06:21

fester wrote:Some month ago i had i playable demo of this. I cant remember exactly where I dug it up. But if I recall right it was a russian page. Even perhaps a own subforum sort of. So if this hav´nt changed and you can put up with a russian interface that is fairly selfexplanatory for a mm:er, the truth is out there... :D
Could u pm me the link? Noone of wox2 developers could publish a tech-demo, so I wonder if someone got access to our resources. :)

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 25 May 2011, 06:51

AlexYeCu wrote:Could u pm me the link?
Perharps, this one. If so, don't worry, this demo is too outdated.
BTW, demo movies show russian texts.

AlexYeCu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AlexYeCu » 25 May 2011, 08:43

tolich wrote:Perharps, this
Epic. This was made before I`ve joined to WoX2-team :) It has nothing in common with tech-demos of 2010-2011.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 25 May 2011, 09:29

Does game currently have official web site?
I know it's on gameforums.ru public forum is rellatively quiet. Assume most stuff goes into privet but still. Also CRPG.ru is down for ages and seems official site as well, not to mention it wasn't updated for quite while. So question is, does this project have new web site somewhere or you currently working without need for public observation?

Larik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Wox2

Unread postby Larik » 25 May 2011, 10:22

tress
We have new site
www.wox2.org

there is no pages for now, only devs forum.

blood effect
http://www.picatom.com/1x/trogls-2.html

fester
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fester » 26 May 2011, 19:20

tolich wrote:
AlexYeCu wrote:Could u pm me the link?
Perharps, this one. If so, don't worry, this demo is too outdated.
BTW, demo movies show russian texts.
Yeah that was the one ...

Sure hope this project is still alive because if its ever finished I´d be blue to the screen for months :D

AlexYeCu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AlexYeCu » 27 May 2011, 16:29

Talin_Trollbane wrote:also, i have posted news about this game on the RPG Codex
Unable to register, forum says, I`m using an open proxy )

I`ve read topics at Codex and was surprised. First of all, WoX2 is not only my project, as someone wrote, I`m just one of the team, who has joined WoX2-team about a year ago as one of 3d-modelers and 2d-artists. There are about 7 developers in the team now, and some people who was in the team for some time and made something for a project but left us later.

As for the language of our dev-forum, yes, its russian. But you can ask and answer in English at "open forum", I hope we`ll be able to understand each other.

Larik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Wox2

Unread postby Larik » 18 Oct 2011, 07:39

new screenshots:

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Might and Magic”