Possible continuation to the series

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Possible continuation to the series

Unread postby XEL II » 19 Oct 2010, 20:20

What could be possible future storyline for old Might and Magic universe? Maybe it could be backstory about Arslegard Gods, Nicolai's role in Chedian etc. Share your thoughts!

I think it would be set in Axeoth and involve plot elements like Ultimate Adventurers and their continuing search for Ancients, united Chedian, future of Enrothian refugees' kingdoms. Insight into Ancestors' and Gods' origins is given. Continent of Aalondor (originally planned setting of LoMM) possibly explored.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Oct 2010, 20:54

Huh? The MMX discussion is on the other thread ;)

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 19 Oct 2010, 21:05

I am talking about the continuation of MM story in general, not just a single game.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 19 Oct 2010, 21:24

well, lets seee...

first, heroes milking will continue, then prob some more DS games and possibly an heroes MMO and a Dark Messiah 2.

but singleplayer party old-school not-a-Dragon-Age-clone RPG?

forget it.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Oct 2010, 21:38

I think XEL is talking about a hypothetical scenario.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 19 Oct 2010, 22:53

Well, what I would like to have seen, was a truly satisfactory end to the Ironfist saga started in HoMM I. Not just a reset to zero with the reckoning.

And for gods sake, who or what are the Ancients!? :P

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 20 Oct 2010, 10:45

I believe Ubisoft made the right decision by keeping M&M dead as a franchise. Let them do what they want with Dark Messiah and M&M: Heroes 6.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Oct 2010, 10:46

I'm not sure what it would be but...xel from df2?

if so - you should know my point of view.
i'm working under theory of possible MOD for mm8 that will mirror pre-story of MM6.
that way we will see a world by eyes of kreegans - we will play as a kreegans. my visions are about war of super-civilizations - creators vs ancients. the main idea is to help creators against ancients. many different missions - search for inhabitant worlds, gathering resouces, scout missions, dyplomacy with certain worlds, war against other worlds.
at the end of possible game i see like our party descended in a gigantic meteor-mothership onto enroth...what will be after that you know in MM6.
as a classes i see slassical H3 inferno units - gog-magog, demon-horned demon, ifrit-sultan inrit etc - this system perfectly fits in MM8 1 promotion system and display some demonical kreegan race.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 20 Oct 2010, 10:59

vladimir-maestro wrote:if so - you should know my point of view.
Не знал. Интересная идея.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Sep 2012, 21:38

Why won't Ubisoft just assemble a team and hire van Caneghem to lead it? They could easily complete the M&M series without any Heroes games in between. The universes could be separated.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 18 Sep 2012, 09:34

Umm...and why would they ? They already got more profit by doin' just the way they are now.

Return to “Might and Magic”