The Nature and purpose of the Kreegans.

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 06 Oct 2010, 21:26

No, you're inventing stuff to fit in with your understanding of the storyline, because you've only played MMIX and HoMMIV

Zenofex
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Zenofex » 06 Oct 2010, 21:35

I think this thread should be locked and even deleted. It's like posting in an archaeological forum about the Egyptian pyramids that they are created by aliens for a fact because in some history textbook the author wrote a footnote stating that "some people think that the Egyptian pyramids are created by aliens".
Beware Kreegans bearing gifts.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 06 Oct 2010, 21:53

Secret_Holder wrote:No, you're inventing stuff to fit in with your understanding of the storyline, because you've only played MMIX and HoMMIV
No Secret_Holder, I am merely trying to piece together with what I know all the canonical information that everyone has given me, you, ThunderFoot, Corlagon and many others.

It's a theory invented to make sense of all of the definite facts, from Might and Magic VI through to Heroes IV. Feel free to make up your own theories and contrast it with mine.

But don't all just go around insisting that I am wrong just because I am doing something other than literally quoting references, as I put it just like fundamentalists insist people read the bible.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 06 Oct 2010, 22:51

But you're not listening to us! You admit that others have a better knowledge, but you're not listening to the voices of reason. You're just making up your own stuff

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 07 Oct 2010, 05:49

Mod message: I think it's been repeated quite a number of times that Slayer is "making up stuff" and Slayer has repeated his arguments quite a number of times as well. If you guys can't get along (and start making analogies to religious fundamentalists) I suggest leaving it at that or changing your approach, before people become even more frustrated. Just my 2 cents.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 08 Oct 2010, 17:02

Secret_Holder wrote:But you're not listening to us! You admit that others have a better knowledge, but you're not listening to the voices of reason. You're just making up your own stuff
I am interpreting the sources and making sense of them in my own perhaps somewhat creative way, not just 'making stuff up'. As I was informed of more sources I didn't know about by other people, I have changed my interpretations accordingly.

Indeed it I got the impression that since some people were still arguing with positions that I held before I was informed of sources contradicting my position, I needed to start a new thread in order to inform people as to what I am saying.

And what are these voices of reason, I haven't been treated reasonably since I arrived here. Even if I was just making things up I don't deserve to be insulted to the extent I have been by so many people.
Secret_Holder wrote: Mod message: I think it's been repeated quite a number of times that Slayer is "making up stuff" and Slayer has repeated his arguments quite a number of times as well. If you guys can't get along (and start making analogies to religious fundamentalists) I suggest leaving it at that or changing your approach, before people become even more frustrated. Just my 2 cents.
This debate has been pretty STRESSFUL thus far.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Oct 2010, 21:06

Slayer of Cliffracers wrote:This debate has been pretty STRESSFUL thus far.
Indeed. But it was very interesting reading. So I hope something good will come from it. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Might and Magic”