Can the retro gaming revival bring Might and Magic back?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Would you buy a retro MM game?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 34

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 17 Sep 2010, 07:10

Deadguy118 wrote:Perhaps they could have salvaged the old M&M universe, but would you have wanted them to?
That argument isn't exactly new to me. I argued in its favour the other day in the H6 section.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 17 Sep 2010, 15:03

Perhaps they could have salvaged the old M&M universe, but would you have wanted them to?
Yes. Either you do it right, or you don't do it at all. Ubisoft has sadly chosen a third way.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 17 Sep 2010, 15:10

I am sure that at least half of those people that wanted old universe to continiue would scream that ubi are canonraping, and there is big portion of people that wouldnt accept any story in old world that would not come out of NWC.
In fact I cant guess on spot any well received sequel that is written by different author.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 17 Sep 2010, 18:20

Star Trek: The Next Generation comes to mind :P It's not a game, but still.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 01 Oct 2010, 16:33

tress wrote:I am sure that at least half of those people that wanted old universe to continiue would scream that ubi are canonraping, and there is big portion of people that wouldnt accept any story in old world that would not come out of NWC.
In fact I cant guess on spot any well received sequel that is written by different author.
wel, they are kinda raping the plot so...
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 20 Oct 2010, 04:17

UBISoft is now working on ASHAN, so I don't think this WILL happen since they don't do CANEGHEM's universe anymore. (and it's now falls to Marzhin to fhinish it or to revive it)
even though I prefer that to happen. and with updated graphics and the actual in game scenery maches "in pics" scenery. my opinion is...
IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

and i don't know about the progress of another MMX project (another project was Karrigor, however it uses MM6 engine and it looks very MM8 AFAIK) with a very modernized engines but i do aware that this project exists. maybe UBISOFT sue them?

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 20 Oct 2010, 22:20

No, if Ubi sued the MM Tribute team we'd have heard of it.

Return to “Might and Magic”